SONY NW-ZX2
Mar 3, 2015 at 8:01 PM Post #2,341 of 14,755
Mar 3, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #2,343 of 14,755
  I put mine on Feb 15 and still processing. If you look at the pre-order webpage now the estimated shipping date has been pushed back to April

Supply issues, always fun :) That's why I prefer not to pre-order, I prefer to only hand over money when it'll actually be shipped out right away.

Mar 3, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #2,344 of 14,755
Not sure how u guys ca play via network.. I tried a Seagate Wireless Plus..
Issue :
take over an hr to scan 2tb of audio files and it s only 70% done scanning ..files are from flac, hi res & DSD
Eats up my battery life drastically...
Using Seagate app to connect... Can't play flac files
Still experimenting with DLna app..

Download Gizmo for JRiver..
All files reside in my desktop Win7 pc..which is wireless connected to my router..
Played all my files
Downside,,,, home use only and pc with Jriver app running...

Mine doesn't scan the HD it scans each album when I pick it, which takes about 5 seconds or a little shorter. I just changed to another album. Takes about 2 seconds. 

Mar 3, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #2,345 of 14,755
Mar 3, 2015 at 10:22 PM Post #2,346 of 14,755
Trying to stream flac again with WDmycloud using the android mycloud app. Some flacs will stream, others won't. Makes no sense. What is really odd is that I attached a Wd passport drive to the back of the mycloud drive through the USB port, and flac streams flawlessly from that attached drive. Flacs on the mycloud drive itself are hit and miss,

Also, when I try to access the WD by DNLA function of ZX2, it does show up as available, and there are various folders shown in content but they have only a couple files in them. Don't understand that either.

If anyone has a suggestion for how I can stream flac from the WDmycloud drive without using the WD app, please let me know.

Mar 3, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #2,347 of 14,755
  Seems like ZX2 is the "fiio nightmare" of Sony Ltd

NW-ZX2  here scans a 64GB SanDisk Class 10 UHS card with a kajillion MP3 files fast enough that it takes maybe a minute or so. I have a variety of cards to 'torture test' devices
evil_smiley.gif

Talking about nightmares, just pickup up at Null Audio (nice smallish physical store btw) the newest version of Alien player and OMG for the $ the sound is really nice.

BUT... the Alien in actual use trying to enjoy music files and finding the music I WANT TO listen to... And yes I know, no owners manual, the hidden shuffle mode, you turn if off by accident and you're totally SOL, the folder skip thing but G-darrnit using the Alien reminds me of this Onion video (thx and shout outs to my good friend, brother of another mother Warren Chi for helping me realize the Alien is akin to the below video).

Oh yeah, and have to format the microSD card just right and then only load a few files so you don't get too deep into trying to find the music you want on the Alien and if it turns off then it isn't so bad as it could have been with more files.

Alien = Time Vampire

JUST WORK! WORK YOU Co-Su-kin' POS!

Language warning so might be NSFW.. Love the sound for the $$, yet my feelings about the Alien is as follows....
Apologies for Alien rant, been trying all morning today to...  WORK, WORK YOU G-D F... POS WORK. F!!!!!  F!!!!!!

BTW, some servers/HDs seem to handle DLNA FLAC and the like better than others. Also, some Android software that comes with outboard drives/servers might not handle FLAC/etc well or, worse, transcode to lower quality.

Mar 3, 2015 at 10:42 PM Post #2,348 of 14,755
Trying to stream flac again with WDmycloud using the android mycloud app. Some flacs will stream, others won't. Makes no sense. What is really odd is that I attached a Wd passport drive to the back of the mycloud drive through the USB port, and flac streams flawlessly from that attached drive. Flacs on the mycloud drive itself are hit and miss,

Also, when I try to access the WD by DNLA function of ZX2, it does show up as available, and there are various folders shown in content but they have only a couple files in them. Don't understand that either.  

If anyone has a suggestion for how I can stream flac from the WDmycloud drive without using the WD app, please let me know.

I don't have ZX2, but with my old Sony Xperia M phone I can stream flac files from my Synology NAS using Sony music player or MediaMonkey from Play Store.
Maybe your WD still building database from all the new music you just copying into. Give it some time and try again. Or better yet try it first with small amount of music. If you copy 2TB of music, it will take a while to create the database.

Mar 3, 2015 at 11:34 PM Post #2,350 of 14,755
Scanning too slow, buggy buttons and short battery life.
??!! We talking the same player here? Doesn't sound like the zx2...

I don't think so. I have None of those issues. And it sounds EXCELLENT. 

Mar 3, 2015 at 11:58 PM Post #2,351 of 14,755
Scanning too slow, buggy buttons and short battery life.
??!! We talking the same player here? Doesn't sound like the zx2...

It seems that so far only one person was complaining about bad battery life, which to me makes it sound as if he has a dud.

Mar 4, 2015 at 12:02 AM Post #2,352 of 14,755
It seems that so far only one person was complaining about bad battery life, which to me makes it sound as if he has a dud.

And that would be frustrating I am sure. I get a longer battery life than I thought this would give. For burn in I think this thing takes at least 200 hours as I am still hearing changes in openness, dynamics and acoustical spacial cues. 

Mar 4, 2015 at 12:35 AM Post #2,354 of 14,755
Mine doesn't scan the HD it scans each album when I pick it, which takes about 5 seconds or a little shorter. I just changed to another album. Takes about 2 seconds. 

Jamato8, are using WD my cloud app or the Sony's DLNA..to do it.
I had tested with a WD wireless Hdd, m4a n flac won't play only wma files.
These were the only file format available for testing...

Mar 4, 2015 at 12:43 AM Post #2,355 of 14,755
Jamato8, are using WD my cloud app or the Sony's DLNA..to do it.
I had tested with a WD wireless Hdd, m4a n flac won't play only wma files.
These were the only file format available for testing...

I am using the DLNA. It is working well and everything is fast. It plays everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back