SONY NW-ZX100
Sep 27, 2015 at 3:25 PM Post #466 of 3,849
maybe for canadians thei own stores of import work i must compare AJ vs those canadian to see if exchange rates justify

Sep 27, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #467 of 3,849
  Thanks mate, i will buy mine two weeks after... finally back to windows 8.1, didn't like w10 on my sony VAIO, terrible performance and even here on head-fi, threads went crazy, replying in backwards-mode
biggrin.gif

Cool, let's share opinions then 
beerchug.gif

Sep 27, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #468 of 3,849
Cool, let's share opinions then 
beerchug.gif

My A17 was my first Hi-res player and my future zx100 will be my first Top of the line player from sony.
beerchug.gif
 If we had a tree whose leaves are money bills
biggrin.gif
 i would have already trimmed them all

Sep 27, 2015 at 5:14 PM Post #469 of 3,849
  @gerelmx1986 I live in Canada and here we call it a tech getto.  Other countries ship the garbage here and not the good stuff.  Our Best buy has no "magnolia" section.  So I ask the man do they carry walkman by sony and he asks me, "what is a walkman?" hahahaha.  So I have to order from gentec.ca and I have no idea if they are good or bad.  Really frustrating.  But I have decided my money is better spent on experiences rather than things.  So I just make do with f886 and mdr-1r.  Good enough for me.  I use the a-17 for my car with blue tooth.  thats it.  

Sorry I have tried to go to gentec.ca and It does not seem to be a legitimate website.   Are you sure that's the website?  The closest thing I found was 

http://www.gentec-intl.com/ 

and they don't even any Sony MP3 players on their website, but they are a Canadian electronics retailer.

Please explain where you bought it from, as I am interested in a potential purpose. 

Sep 27, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #470 of 3,849

@gerelmx1986 I live in Canada and here we call it a tech getto.  Other countries ship the garbage here and not the good stuff.  Our Best buy has no "magnolia" section.  So I ask the man do they carry walkman by sony and he asks me, "what is a walkman?" hahahaha.  So I have to order from gentec.ca and I have no idea if they are good or bad.  Really frustrating.  But I have decided my money is better spent on experiences rather than things.  So I just make do with f886 and mdr-1r.  Good enough for me.  I use the a-17 for my car with blue tooth.  thats it.  

Sorry I have tried to go to gentec.ca and It does not seem to be a legitimate website.   Are you sure that's the website?  The closest thing I found was 

http://www.gentec-intl.com/ 

and they don't even any Sony MP3 players on their website, but they are a Canadian electronics retailer.

Please explain where you bought it from, as I am interested in a potential purpose. 

I saw them all no sony players at all so Accessory Jack for Us three USA/CAN/MEX

Sep 27, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #472 of 3,849

sorry, when you go onto sony.ca look under the mp3 players Walkman section and look at the zx2 for example and click on where to buy, it brings up shopgentec.ca sorry about the confusion.
It looks like some kind of outsourced thing.

Sep 27, 2015 at 7:32 PM Post #473 of 3,849
Great, found it thanks.   I like the price - it does everything I need from a DAP, and that 128 gb on board memory is amazing for the price, but I might wait for reviews of the Pioneer DAP first.  

Sep 27, 2015 at 8:01 PM Post #475 of 3,849
nice wait wait for the can fest to be held in the usa this october 2-4 :D never mind it was sony malasya

Sep 27, 2015 at 8:35 PM Post #478 of 3,849
Sep 28, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #479 of 3,849
Thanks for answering my questions regarding gapless playback.
Another thing is the database size and the maximum SD size.
Can a Sony WM handle files >32.000 or is there a file limitation? Can a Sony WM handle SDs from SanDisk microSDHC with capacity of 200GB?

Sep 28, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #480 of 3,849
  Thanks for answering my questions regarding gapless playback.
Another thing is the database size and the maximum SD size.
Can a Sony WM handle files >32.000 or is there a file limitation? Can a Sony WM handle SDs from SanDisk microSDHC with capacity of 200GB?

some one tried with another walkman a 256GB and it worked so if this has the same os as the A10 series it shall work

32000 files i bet they work, I loaded last time 11000 44.1 FLAC files (classical music often has short pieces)

EDIT: SONY website STATES SDXC 64GB and UP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back