SONY NW-ZX100
Sep 28, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #481 of 3,849
Thank your for the answer. The battery life sounds great... it seems, the ZX100 is mine in near future.
cool.gif

Sep 28, 2015 at 5:27 PM Post #482 of 3,849
  Thank your for the answer. The battery life sounds great... it seems, the ZX100 is mine in near future.
cool.gif

mine too :D SQ upgrade from A10.. Look A10 has POSCAP capacitors and zx100 has a combo of OSCON beefy caps and POSCAPs

i am thinking of getting for my future zx100 a 200GB microSD from Sandisk
cool.gif

Sep 28, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #483 of 3,849

mine too :D SQ upgrade from A10.. Look A10 has POSCAP capacitors and zx100 has a combo of OSCON beefy caps and POSCAPs

i am thinking of getting for my future zx100 a 200GB microSD from Sandisk
cool.gif

You should.  I have it on my ZX-2 and am very happy with the storage.  Transfer rate is slow however...only 10-12 mb/sec.  PNY turbo is much much faster. 

Sep 28, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #484 of 3,849
You should.  I have it on my ZX-2 and am very happy with the storage.  Transfer rate is slow however...only 10-12 mb/sec.  PNY turbo is much much faster. 

weird fr sandisk as my 128GB current one using an adapter to normal SD, on my VAIO Flip PC, transfer up to 35mb/s

Sep 29, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #486 of 3,849
  Any impressions yet 
biggrin.gif

i will buy mine next monday when i get the extra cash from the savings (every now an then reward myself with a nice thing, instead of being a scrooge)
wink.gif
 I'm ´redicting i will get it by middle of october

Sep 29, 2015 at 10:57 AM Post #487 of 3,849

i will buy mine next monday when i get the extra cash from the savings (every now an then reward myself with a nice thing, instead of being a scrooge)
wink.gif
 I'm ´redicting i will get it by middle of october

Ok great i still like my A17 its hard to it give up ...in the meantime i have ordered a xduoo x3 Dap player i am curious to try it ..

Sep 29, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #488 of 3,849
Ok great i still like my A17 its hard to it give up ...in the meantime i have ordered a xduoo x3 Dap player i am curious to try it ..

Already sold my fiio for 250 usd to another mexican, it's nice to sell on ebay :p

Sep 29, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #489 of 3,849
I did a quick test at the Sony shop here in Singapore this evening.  Using my Shure SE846, after turning off all the enhancements, the comfortable volume is between 10-12.  This is about 25-34 (low gain) on my Fiio X3 Mk1 (latest firmware).  Sounds very good and neutral so far.  However, what surprised me was that it can't play my WMA Lossless files (don't judge me) that works fine on my Fiio.  I checked the specs on Sony's site and it seems that the it can't support it 
frown.gif
. I have a moderate set of files ripped that way a few years back before I fully switched to using FLAC.  I'm a little reluctant to rip them all over again...

I really wanted to get the ZX100 since I find the ZX2 too expensive and too big a jump from my Fiio.  I guess I'll wait till end of the year to see if Sony will patch this.  I've already left a message with Sony Singapore's FB on this...  Sigh... 
frown.gif

Sep 29, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #490 of 3,849
  I did a quick test at the Sony shop here in Singapore this evening.  Using my Shure SE846, after turning off all the enhancements, the comfortable volume is between 10-12.  This is about 25-34 (low gain) on my Fiio X3 Mk1 (latest firmware).  Sounds very good and neutral so far.  However, what surprised me was that it can't play my WMA Lossless files (don't judge me) that works fine on my Fiio.  I checked the specs on Sony's site and it seems that the it can't support it 
frown.gif
. I have a moderate set of files ripped that way a few years back before I fully switched to using FLAC.  I'm a little reluctant to rip them all over again...

I really wanted to get the ZX100 since I find the ZX2 too expensive and too big a jump from my Fiio.  I guess I'll wait till end of the year to see if Sony will patch this.  I've already left a message with Sony Singapore's FB on this...  Sigh... 
frown.gif

They won't but if you have dbPower amp you can convert WMA Lossless to FLAC
wink.gif
 (or XLD lossless decoder for mac) i think dbpower has a 30-day trial or so, i purchased it for 78 USD os worth the asking price, it converst from a myriad of formats including APE, WMAL, WMA Lossy, mp3, ogg flac alac etc

Sep 29, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #492 of 3,849
Wait, if you have no wi-fi then the only way to upgrade the software is a cable and a computer ? How is the output quality ?

yep a cable like the A10 and older walkmen, output quality i still don't order it, damn savings take a week to dispatch my money

Sep 29, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #494 of 3,849
i'm on the process of moving FLACs from A17's internal memory to the microSD, which then i will copy/paste to the internal 128GB of the ZX100. My plan: sell the A17 +128GB card

Users who are viewing this thread

Back