SONY NW-ZX100
Nov 1, 2015 at 8:04 PM Post #1,456 of 3,849
  yeah the questionable build quuality made me rate 4 of 5 stars well deserved, if buttons didnt creak maybe 4 and a half stars and if it had glass scratch-resist screen then the 5 stars

my unit has no creaky button issue, i tried all the buttons plenty of times before i purchase my unit.
after checking the buttons i ask the staff to help me cut and put a screen protector, he charge me less than $3.00
not a perfect cut but good enough since it covers 100% of the screen.

Nov 1, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #1,457 of 3,849
my unit has no creaky button issue, i tried all the buttons plenty of times before i purchase my unit.
after checking the buttons i ask the staff to help me cut and put a screen protector, he charge me less than $3.00
mine clicks but it suppose to click to let me know I pressed it.

Nov 1, 2015 at 10:58 PM Post #1,458 of 3,849
mine clicks but it suppose to click to let me know I pressed it.

i see, it doesnt have that click feeling "the click sound" that you really click the button.
that is also the reason why im not a fan of online buying, i want to check the unit by my self.
check for scratches, button function, connect to PC/laptop if detectable/charging and pay it if im satisfied.

Nov 2, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #1,459 of 3,849

cool so you have a nicier unit perhaps, hope mine last enought at least 2 to 4 years

Nov 2, 2015 at 2:07 AM Post #1,460 of 3,849
  cool so you have a nicier unit perhaps, hope mine last enought at least 2 to 4 years

im also hoping with our ZX100, my 1st walkman Sony S544 i bought 2009 still working great until now.
im expecting that same kind (maybe better) of quality with the newer models.

Nov 2, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #1,462 of 3,849
  Just got my ZX100 delivered today from Accessory Jack.

I was lucky that I didn't get hit with import tax when it came into Ireland.

Nice to hear that, now burrrnnn baby buuurrnnn (burn-in period), mine has passed the 180h mark, sounds quite good, occassionally i get a bit weird channel imbalance, for a few seconds, i attribute it to caapacitor charging-up

Nov 2, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #1,463 of 3,849
HEy All, 

Can you tell me the significance/relevance of "burning in" a DAP?
I have mine and I love it btw, I have the most perfect champion setting, photo included.
But imho it has only 3-4 hours so far.
And sounds AMAZING with the V99s. I have other Sony earphones as well but the Aiwa rules them all.

Nov 2, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #1,464 of 3,849
  HEy All, 

I have mine and I love it btw, I have the most perfect champion setting, photo included.
And sounds AMAZING with the V99s. I have other Sony earphones as well but the Aiwa rules them all.

you'll notice if you keep using it. no need to do it on purpose.

Nov 2, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #1,465 of 3,849
  HEy All, 

I burn mine with normal listening levels and while listening to music, thats why i perceive sound changes. Burn-in occurs on "analog" components such as resistors, caps as they reach their performance and stabilize, 3-4 hours is little time to judge... wait till 30-60h
biggrin.gif

Nov 2, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #1,466 of 3,849
Has anyone used this with the SE846? Also are there any reviews to similar priced daps or is is still too early?

I'm in the market for a dap and these are tempting although the power output looks pretty pathetic for anything other than sensitive iem's. Everything else makes these very tempting (good battery, no android, good UI). The battery and the UI was so much better than any other audiophile dap in the market when I had the ZX1 and my previous experience with other daps really frustrated me despite the good sound in some of my previous daps.

Nov 2, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #1,467 of 3,849
Has anyone used this with the SE846? Also are there any reviews to similar priced daps or is is still too early?

I'm in the market for a dap and these are tempting although the power output looks pretty pathetic for anything other than sensitive iem's. Everything else makes these very tempting (good battery, no android, good UI). The battery and the UI was so much better than any other audiophile dap in the market when I had the ZX1 and my previous experience with other daps really frustrated me despite the good sound in some of my previous daps.
This dap plays well and easily with this dap. A great clear dap.

Nov 2, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #1,469 of 3,849

Nice to hear that, now burrrnnn baby buuurrnnn (burn-in period), mine has passed the 180h mark, sounds quite good, occassionally i get a bit weird channel imbalance, for a few seconds, i attribute it to caapacitor charging-up

Should I burn it in for a few days before I listen to it ?

I burned mine while listenng to it as i didnt have any dap tp listen to
biggrin.gif
 but out of the box is very nice. it is not necessary to leav it playing but if you find the SQ a bit strange then you can leave it playing for a few days 24/7

Nov 2, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #1,470 of 3,849

I'm in the market for a dap and these are tempting although the power output looks pretty pathetic for anything other than sensitive iem's. Everything else makes these very tempting (good battery, no android, good UI). The battery and the UI was so much better than any other audiophile dap in the market when I had the ZX1 and my previous experience with other daps really frustrated me despite the good sound in some of my previous daps​

I am using SE846 with this and I love the performance. I feel it is much smoother in the mids and seems to have give better control to the sub base compared to my X5. Unfortunately I can't A/B because my X5 drowned in coffee, hence the replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back