SONY NW-ZX100
Nov 2, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #1,471 of 3,849
  Has anyone used this with the SE846? Also are there any reviews to similar priced daps or is is still too early?

I'm in the market for a dap and these are tempting although the power output looks pretty pathetic for anything other than sensitive iem's. Everything else makes these very tempting (good battery, no android, good UI). The battery and the UI was so much better than any other audiophile dap in the market when I had the ZX1 and my previous experience with other daps really frustrated me despite the good sound in some of my previous daps.

you may wanna wait for the new DX80

much cheaper than zx100, and if zx100 is like dx90 (as someone mentioned earlier) i bet dx80 will sound as good as (if not better than) zx100

Nov 2, 2015 at 5:30 PM Post #1,472 of 3,849

much cheaper than zx100, and if zx100 is like dx90 (as someone mentioned earlier) i bet dx80 will sound as good as (if not better than) zx100

Assumptions..too much of that going all over most threads..no offence

Nov 2, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #1,473 of 3,849
Assumptions..too much of that going all over most threads..no offence

the only assumption is that he may wanna wait for the dx80

it is much cheaper , and someoe who heard zx100 compared it to dx90

unlike other threads/users  
rolleyes.gif
, i am not into hype and ass-kissing 
wink.gif

cheers

Nov 2, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #1,474 of 3,849

TROLL, hehehe kust kidding, but cinese dap UI are often clumsy

Nov 2, 2015 at 6:44 PM Post #1,475 of 3,849
Hey thanks for the answers guys, I'll start using it extensively.
The reason I have not started yet is I want to make sure it is well protected.
I'll order the screen protector, but I would use a case as well...which is only sold in Asia.
Mind**** is the right expression for this anomaly? :)

Nov 2, 2015 at 6:50 PM Post #1,476 of 3,849
  Hey thanks for the answers guys, I'll start using it extensively.
The reason I have not started yet is I want to make sure it is well protected.
I'll order the screen protector, but I would use a case as well...which is only sold in Asia.
Mind**** is the right expression for this anomaly? :)

i didnt get a case but too late an iPad screen protector to cut it to several pieces of 3.0''

Nov 2, 2015 at 7:34 PM Post #1,477 of 3,849
  TROLL, hehehe kust kidding, but cinese dap UI are often clumsy

and battery life :p

I'll probably wait until 2016 and see then. Maybe by then there will be a used market for cheap since I'm looking at a couple of products to purchase.

Nov 2, 2015 at 8:16 PM Post #1,478 of 3,849

Im also interested with DX80 but i got turn off by the button design, there is a big gap on all side of the button to its main body
the space looks like a micro SD slot, yes plenty of micro SD slot :frowning2: i wish they make a better button design. 
i also like the ibasso product since they are more simple and easy to use :
- micro usb connection : charging and data transfer
- line out function
- high/mid/low gain
- can use as desktop/laptop dac and dac+amp
- comes with screen protector

on the other side, so-so battery life, BS firmware (i followed the DX90 thread, omg.. tons of complains about the software)
thou the software looks fine now.. after N years of selling it. that's why i just simply choose the ZX100. actually i went to
the local store here just to see and check the sony.. after a short comparison with ZX2, i went home with 100 :)
now at 36 hours of burn-in using 16/44 flacs and starts to low batt, i forgot to turn off the noise cancelling maybe
it would last more longer.. but it's still using the pre charged power. im happy with my decision :)

Nov 2, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #1,479 of 3,849

DX90 was not great in my opinion.

Nov 2, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #1,480 of 3,849

Im also interested with DX80 but i got turn off by the button design, there is a big gap on all side of the button to its main body
the space looks like a micro SD slot, yes plenty of micro SD slot :frowning2: i wish they make a better button design. 
i also like the ibasso product since they are more simple and easy to use :
- micro usb connection : charging and data transfer
- line out function
- high/mid/low gain
- can use as desktop/laptop dac and dac+amp
- comes with screen protector

on the other side, so-so battery life, BS firmware (i followed the DX90 thread, omg.. tons of complains about the software)
thou the software looks fine now.. after N years of selling it. that's why i just simply choose the ZX100. actually i went to
the local store here just to see and check the sony.. after a short comparison with ZX2, i went home with 100 :)
now at 36 hours of burn-in using 16/44 flacs and starts to low batt, i forgot to turn off the noise cancelling maybe
it would last more longer.. but it's still using the pre charged power. im happy with my decision :)

I have NC off :D yes for me lasts like 57-60h

Nov 2, 2015 at 9:25 PM Post #1,481 of 3,849

I have NC off :D yes for me lasts like 57-60h

wow! world record playing flac? :D
i just noticed the noise cancelling after checking some of the pictures here, and i look at my unit
why there is an icon near the clock?.. and it was the NC (on).. any how im still using the pre charged power.
i will still continue to burn-in this week, btw did you enable the battery care? how do you recharge your unit?
connect it to your laptop's usb or usb chargers? can i use my Samsung charger?

Nov 2, 2015 at 9:37 PM Post #1,482 of 3,849
wow! world record playing flac? :D
i just noticed the noise cancelling after checking some of the pictures here, and i look at my unit
why there is an icon near the clock?.. and it was the NC (on).. any how im still using the pre charged power.
i will still continue to burn-in this week, btw did you enable the battery care? how do you recharge your unit?
connect it to your laptop's usb or usb chargers? can i use my Samsung charger?

Yep only FLAC (16/44.1Khz tho)
yes beside the clock, grayed out is no NC phones detected but still ON, white color is NC phoens detcted and ON, no icon means completely OFF
I will enable battery the next time to test it

I use my xperia charger with no issue

Nov 2, 2015 at 11:11 PM Post #1,483 of 3,849
Nov 3, 2015 at 3:59 AM Post #1,484 of 3,849
Man... I'm so jealous of the battery life. I'm merely getting 7-8 hours on my ZX1... If only it came with android :frowning2:

Nov 3, 2015 at 9:07 AM Post #1,485 of 3,849

Users who are viewing this thread

Back