SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 2, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #12,646 of 45,723
I use pelican case 1020 with foam padding and it is perfect

Wait, how do you manage that? If I put my WM1A without any case, it will touch my Peli Micro 1020's rubber lining on both sides. How is it you're using a leather case AND foam. Are you sure it's a 1020 ?

Jul 2, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #12,647 of 45,723
Wholeheartedly agree with this. And that is using the 3.5 jack (using the pseudo balanced). The 4.4 balanced puts it way out and above what the zx2 is capable of.

I have been enjoying the WM1A with my custom Zeus XR-Adel and 4.4 balanced.

hey, can you share how wm1a+zeus xr sound like ? waiting on my zeus XR (non adel) seriously thinking of buying wm1a as an zx2 upgrade

btw , 1a is an upgrade over zx2 , right ?

Jul 2, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #12,648 of 45,723
Wait, how do you manage that? If I put my WM1A without any case, it will touch my Peli Micro 1020's rubber lining on both sides. How is it you're using a leather case AND foam. Are you sure it's a 1020 ?
I thought it was.. I got it as part of my westone es5.. maybe I was wrong.. maybe it is 1030 or bigger. If so my bad

PC

Jul 3, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #12,649 of 45,723
hey, can you share how wm1a+zeus xr sound like ? waiting on my zeus XR (non adel) seriously thinking of buying wm1a as an zx2 upgrade

btw , 1a is an upgrade over zx2 , right ?

Indeed, 1A is an upgrade from the ZX2.

As for Zeus & 1A, what you get is a very balanced, airy, neutral presentation (some would say bass light, I'm not one of them. Without ADEL, you'll be getting more bass anyway). Nice, wide soundstage. The Zeus is ridiculously detailed and clean. With the X setting, it's bassier and the midrange is right out front. Very exciting and bold. I prefer the R setting, however. Sounds more balanced to me and I love the top end extension.

If you prefer a bassier sound sig, you may be underwhelmed. If you prefer a more neutral sound, the Zeus will blow you away.

Jul 3, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #12,650 of 45,723
Indeed, 1A is an upgrade from the ZX2.

As for Zeus & 1A, what you get is a very balanced, airy, neutral presentation (some would say bass light, I'm not one of them. Without ADEL, you'll be getting more bass anyway). Nice, wide soundstage. The Zeus is ridiculously detailed and clean. With the X setting, it's bassier and the midrange is right out front. Very exciting and bold. I prefer the R setting, however. Sounds more balanced to me and I love the top end extension.

If you prefer a bassier sound sig, you may be underwhelmed. If you prefer a more neutral sound, the Zeus will blow you away.

AWESOME , i am finally sold on getting it :L3000:

one last thing - is there hiss with the wm1a ? zeus is supposed to be slightly hissy , what's your take on the matter ?

(thanx for the info , MUCH appreciated :beerchug:

Jul 3, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #12,652 of 45,723

one last thing - is there hiss with the wm1a ? zeus is supposed to be slightly hissy , what's your take on the matter ?

I have tested my WM1A with other headphones and I cannot find any hiss not even with IEMs

Jul 4, 2017 at 2:08 AM Post #12,654 of 45,723
thanx for the feedback guys , much appreciated

well it was bounf to happen iguess after lusting for it for so long - i secured a wm1a buy from the classified a few hours ago

time to join the club :L3000::L3000:

Jul 4, 2017 at 2:11 AM Post #12,655 of 45,723
thanx for the feedback guys , much appreciated

well it was bounf to happen iguess after lusting for it for so long - i secured a wm1a buy from the classified a few hours ago

time to join the club :L3000::L3000:

Don't think you'll regret it. I love mine very much. Great sound, and the battery life is awesome. Only thing is you'll have to splurge on balanced cables. :ksc75smile:

Jul 4, 2017 at 2:59 AM Post #12,657 of 45,723

My Zeus R never hissed with WM1A or WM1Z. Go get it, you won't regret it (sorry for your wallet)

Jul 4, 2017 at 5:26 AM Post #12,658 of 45,723
Hey I might sound like a crazy person here but I believe each DAC has a certain strength on how they deal with various files. Some like PCM best and some DSD. I feel WM1A deals with DSD alot better than PCM. For the fun of it I converted some PCM files to DSD and I sort of think Sony is using some DSP when converting DSD files that adds it this nice warmth that i gentle enough to make a nice fatigue free listening.

Jul 4, 2017 at 6:31 AM Post #12,659 of 45,723
i hope that wm1a plays 16/44 FLAC just fine , it's the only format i use now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back