1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 30, 2016.
First

Back
834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843
845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854
Next

Last
  1. Cagin
    Wait, how do you manage that? If I put my WM1A without any case, it will touch my Peli Micro 1020's rubber lining on both sides. How is it you're using a leather case AND foam. Are you sure it's a 1020 ?

2. proedros
    hey, can you share how wm1a+zeus xr sound like ? waiting on my zeus XR (non adel) seriously thinking of buying wm1a as an zx2 upgrade

btw , 1a is an upgrade over zx2 , right ?

3. animalsrush
    I thought it was.. I got it as part of my westone es5.. maybe I was wrong.. maybe it is 1030 or bigger. If so my bad

PC

4. TheOracle
    Indeed, 1A is an upgrade from the ZX2.

As for Zeus & 1A, what you get is a very balanced, airy, neutral presentation (some would say bass light, I'm not one of them. Without ADEL, you'll be getting more bass anyway). Nice, wide soundstage. The Zeus is ridiculously detailed and clean. With the X setting, it's bassier and the midrange is right out front. Very exciting and bold. I prefer the R setting, however. Sounds more balanced to me and I love the top end extension.

If you prefer a bassier sound sig, you may be underwhelmed. If you prefer a more neutral sound, the Zeus will blow you away.

NaiveSound, Jazzi and proedros like this.
  5. proedros

AWESOME , i am finally sold on getting it :L3000:

one last thing - is there hiss with the wm1a ? zeus is supposed to be slightly hissy , what's your take on the matter ?

(thanx for the info , MUCH appreciated :beerchug:

6. cfc7
    Can you elaborate a little bit more?

7. gerelmx1986
    I have tested my WM1A with other headphones and I cannot find any hiss not even with IEMs

proedros likes this.
  8. Xamdou
    Not the Zeus but my Athena (Adel) has very little hiss when music is not playing. Not audible when music is playing.

proedros likes this.
  9. proedros
    thanx for the feedback guys , much appreciated

well it was bounf to happen iguess after lusting for it for so long - i secured a wm1a buy from the classified a few hours ago

time to join the club :L3000::L3000:

10. ezekiel77
    Don't think you'll regret it. I love mine very much. Great sound, and the battery life is awesome. Only thing is you'll have to splurge on balanced cables. :ksc75smile:

proedros likes this.
  11. Xamdou
    Enjoy your loot! Hope you will not get poisoned too much to the point of lusting over the 1Z :L3000:

proedros likes this.
  12. productred
    My Zeus R never hissed with WM1A or WM1Z. Go get it, you won't regret it (sorry for your wallet)

NaiveSound and proedros like this.
  13. audionewbi
    Hey I might sound like a crazy person here but I believe each DAC has a certain strength on how they deal with various files. Some like PCM best and some DSD. I feel WM1A deals with DSD alot better than PCM. For the fun of it I converted some PCM files to DSD and I sort of think Sony is using some DSP when converting DSD files that adds it this nice warmth that i gentle enough to make a nice fatigue free listening.

14. proedros
    i hope that wm1a plays 16/44 FLAC just fine , it's the only format i use now

15. PCheung
    I don't have any problem playing 16bit/44.1kHz FLAC on my 1Z, sure it works on 1A

First

Back
834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843
845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854
Next

Last