SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 23, 2016 at 10:48 PM Post #4,847 of 45,723
I live in Singapore, is there anyway I can help the good people here get the Walkmans sold in singapore, shipped to your countries?
From my knowledge, it's all uncapped and certain countries fall within the limited manufacturer's warranty for Sony's walkman.

Nov 23, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #4,848 of 45,723

I am roughly at 200 on single ended and 170 on balanced and I agree with nana. This player is the full package. It sounds great, is easy to use, battery last long, it sounds good with everything. If it was USB DAC, I would sell the Mojo. I am keeping the LPG because it is much smaller, and I just love the LPG for life.

Once again my only issue in ergonomics so far is that I don't really like flip cases. So I am waiting on the Dignis case to have a Dignis case + pouch (Borsa).

Of course it is very heavy, but I think that is ok for me, more or less.

The pairing with the Prophile 8 is out of this world, can't wait to have 2-pin 4.4 cables to test it balanced.

Better than the Zeus you had?

Nov 23, 2016 at 11:06 PM Post #4,849 of 45,723
I saw on amazon the offer for wm1a will start november 28, and WM1Z in amazon germany november 30..... lets see when my 1A ships for GOOD

It seems AJ offered you the 1A international version, which you would get warranty anywhere, and as I understand it, the International version is the latest to be released. Don't rush it, sometimes a few weeks waiting will worth a lot more in the end

Nov 23, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #4,850 of 45,723
It seems AJ offered you the 1A international version, which you would get warranty anywhere, and as I understand it, the International version is the latest to be released. Don't rush it, sometimes a few weeks waiting will worth a lot more in the end

Yes that would be cool if the warranty is valid anywhere, very well worth the wait
biggrin.gif

Nov 23, 2016 at 11:51 PM Post #4,852 of 45,723
I live in Singapore, is there anyway I can help the good people here get the Walkmans sold in singapore, shipped to your countries?
From my knowledge, it's all uncapped and certain countries fall within the limited manufacturer's warranty for Sony's walkman.

Jaben's already got that handled, and it's cheaper to buy from the Malaysian store anyway 
tongue.gif

Edit: The second part about that warranty is interesting though, from my understanding Sony's warranties are only for the country of purchase, even if you buy it in Japan directly. Any documentation to support what you say? 

Nov 24, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #4,854 of 45,723
  Jaben's already got that handled, and it's cheaper to buy from the Malaysian store anyway 
tongue.gif

Edit: The second part about that warranty is interesting though, from my understanding Sony's warranties are only for the country of purchase, even if you buy it in Japan directly. Any documentation to support what you say? 

They usually are, unless you buy the export version. Some countries may have exceptions.

Nov 24, 2016 at 12:36 AM Post #4,855 of 45,723

They usually are, unless you buy the export version. Some countries may have exceptions.

NW-WM1A/Z from Japan, I'm guessing little chance there'll be support overseas. Hey, maybe that's a way to "internationalise" the Japanese model and get full language support!

Nov 24, 2016 at 12:54 AM Post #4,856 of 45,723

I am aware that all dap falls under their personal audio category. Hope this helps our fellow mates take the leap! The documentation is from a Sony Centre in Singapore.

The second picture is kinda blur, got a link? And some bros have already gone the Jaben route, it really is cheaper here than anywhere else I've seen. Would be interesting to know if that tourist warranty card stuff is offered outside of Sony stores. I'll message my contact in Sony here and ask as well.

Nov 24, 2016 at 2:41 AM Post #4,857 of 45,723
I just got my wm1a... anyone using it with sony xba a3 ? I need to play it at almost max volume like 110 to be loud enough, is this normal ? Using the single ended output jack haha. This is the asian version with no volume cap.

Nov 24, 2016 at 2:58 AM Post #4,858 of 45,723
I just got my wm1a... anyone using it with sony xba a3 ? I need to play it at almost max volume like 110 to be loud enough, is this normal ? Using the single ended output jack haha. This is the asian version with no volume cap.
Yikes

Nov 24, 2016 at 3:03 AM Post #4,859 of 45,723
Echineko (Is that...like a funky cat?) I don't have a link for it so sorry!!

Hydesg, I just tried it at the sony store with their 1a and the xba-a3, I cannot go beyond 90 without my ears getting too uncomfortable with how loud it gets. I was playing Norah Jones' I turned your picture to the wall.

Nov 24, 2016 at 3:12 AM Post #4,860 of 45,723
Echineko (Is that...like a funky cat?) I don't have a link for it so sorry!!

Hydesg, I just tried it at the sony store with their 1a and the xba-a3, I cannot go beyond 90 without my ears getting too uncomfortable with how loud it gets. I was playing Norah Jones' I turned your picture to the wall.
No, OMG Norah Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Kpix
Back