SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 16, 2020 at 10:12 AM Post #36,333 of 45,723
OK thanks for your answer and for the great work done.

Tried Automn + with 3.02.
And came back to Solis 3.02.
Clearly prefer this last one on my set up, it pushes everything further for my taste.

Thanks for trying it, and for the feedback! It also depends on the device (it was tuned on a stock WM1A, so it sounds the best for sure on this device) and also on personal tastes, of course :)

Apr 16, 2020 at 10:30 AM Post #36,334 of 45,723
Further to my last post...

I found the FIiO L27 and the one sold on AliExpress which I had but they are no longer available...

I have the NWH10 which works great between my WM1A and PHA2A but it’s a long cable even using shortest options :frowning2:

Up until today I thought the NWH10 was the only option available today for an OTG cable option on the WM1A but I accidentally found an old YT video and the guy has a short Sony branded WM port to micro USB...

So I am hoping one of you guys in Asia might have seen or know the part number for the cable I am after... unless anyone in UK EU or US has imported one ... because I know neither my PHA2A or that specific cable are available apart from Asia .... (officially)

Thanks in advance....

PS Does anyone know what region the WM1A is if it’s a tourist model?

Apr 16, 2020 at 10:40 AM Post #36,336 of 45,723
Further to my last post...

I found the FIiO L27 and the one sold on AliExpress which I had but they are no longer available...

I have the NWH10 which works great between my WM1A and PHA2A but it’s a long cable even using shortest options :frowning2:

Up until today I thought the NWH10 was the only option available today for an OTG cable option on the WM1A but I accidentally found an old YT video and the guy has a short Sony branded WM port to micro USB...

So I am hoping one of you guys in Asia might have seen or know the part number for the cable I am after... unless anyone in UK EU or US has imported one ... because I know neither my PHA2A or that specific cable are available apart from Asia .... (officially)

Thanks in advance....

PS Does anyone know what region the WM1A is if it’s a tourist model?
The FiiO L27 is your best bet and it’s readily available here in Malaysia.

Apr 16, 2020 at 10:52 AM Post #36,337 of 45,723
However, the MAC versions are based on 3.02 for WM1A and WM1Z, and on 2.02 for ZX300 (it was tuned on 3.02 anyway).

Do you mean original Sony FW 3.02? Or the 3.02 modded FW's that were made (or both)?

I'm running Jupiter 3.01 on my WM1Z at the moment, and have 2 questions:

1) I want to try the new Mac version of Autumn+
Please can anyone remind me what I need to do with the .dmg file to put Autumn+ on my WM1Z?
I kind of muddled through the process once before with Jupiter 3.01, but can't remember now how I did it :sweat_smile:

2) in addition to the question above, my WM1Z has Jupiter 3.01 on it right now; can I just overwrite it with Autumn+?
Or do I need to install Sony FW 3.02 first? (no idea how to do this either!)

Sorry for bothering you all :sweat_smile:

Apr 16, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #36,338 of 45,723
Do you mean original Sony FW 3.02? Or the 3.02 modded FW's that were made (or both)?

I'm running Jupiter 3.01 on my WM1Z at the moment, and have 2 questions:

1) I want to try the new Mac version of Autumn+
Please can anyone remind me what I need to do with the .dmg file to put Autumn+ on my WM1Z?
I kind of muddled through the process once before with Jupiter 3.01, but can't remember now how I did it :sweat_smile:

2) in addition to the question above, my WM1Z has Jupiter 3.01 on it right now; can I just overwrite it with Autumn+?
Or do I need to install Sony FW 3.02 first? (no idea how to do this either!)

Sorry for bothering you all :sweat_smile:
1) As long as you have macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier you can just install as you would install any firmware update.
2) Autumn+ will just modify the sound signature and doesn't replace the actual running firmware.

Apr 16, 2020 at 11:02 AM Post #36,339 of 45,723
Thanks guys ..... sorry to the prefix on the WM1A will be U ?

I tried Penon and AliExpress and a few others like FiiO UK and their store etc

But none of them had any and some didn’t list...

so I guessed it was OOP... that’s when I posted my question...as I am either stupid or unlucky or both ( :wink: )

Would anyone know of any sites that might have them..

Thanks again for all your help

Apr 16, 2020 at 11:02 AM Post #36,340 of 45,723

I meant that you should have 3.02 installed already before trying the MAC version. :)

I already uploaded a .dmg for Autumn+ WM1Z in the link provided above, if that's what you're looking for (click).

Remember that this was tuned on a stock WM1A, so it might not sound as good as I hear it on the 1A :)

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2020 at 11:12 AM Post #36,341 of 45,723
However, the MAC versions are based on 3.02 for WM1A and WM1Z, and on 2.02 for ZX300 (it was tuned on 3.02 anyway).
Trying Autumn+ on the ZX300 (Romi Audio mod). Thank you for this. It's really good and brings the ZX300 up a notch. It removed a HF hardness/edge. Better stage, and I think a slightly warmer sound. Improved PRAT, with a more involving/immersive sound.

Apr 16, 2020 at 11:19 AM Post #36,344 of 45,723
Have you tried dmp portable original? Its also based on 3.0.2 One of the most accurate fw out there

OK thanks for your answer and for the great work done.

Tried Automn + with 3.02.
And came back to Solis 3.02.
Clearly prefer this last one on my set up, it pushes everything further for my taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back