SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 16, 2020 at 7:13 AM Post #36,301 of 45,723
Apr 16, 2020 at 7:14 AM Post #36,303 of 45,723
Hmmm, I don’t see any Mac versions ....
Sorry I edited my post that wrongly mentioned there are. Apologies again.

Apr 16, 2020 at 7:15 AM Post #36,304 of 45,723
No, there are no Mac versions.

As the installer is not even updated properly to work on latest Mac OS releases, I'm not sure this would be worth it... But if anyone wants to do it, feel free to PM me.

All the other modded fw are available for Mac up til OS 10.14 as I remember. After that Sony have not released an installer

Apr 16, 2020 at 7:17 AM Post #36,305 of 45,723
Yes, it just sounds awesome! I'm still blown away myself.

I would dare saying it sounds better than all 4 previously released Seasons.

I don't feel like looking for more with this one. Maybe only for the sake of experimentation, because otherwise it's sublime.

Edit: This is on top of 3.02, no idea how it sounds on 3.01 but maybe I'll check.
I am resting with Summer for my 1Z so I can own the best of both worlds. Autumn+ provides an organic, rich mid with deep bass and silky high to my modded 1A, while Summer gives me huge soundstage and resolution, more neutral presentation to my warmer 1Z.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2020 at 7:27 AM Post #36,306 of 45,723
Hmmm. I’m unable to run any of the Seasons on my Win10 machine. I double click on the exe files and nothing happens not even an error message or anti virus warning. Does not help trying Run as administrator, still nothing happens

Apr 16, 2020 at 7:30 AM Post #36,307 of 45,723
Hmmm. I’m unable to run any of the Seasons on my Win10 machine. I double click on the exe files and nothing happens not even an error message or anti virus warning. Does not help trying Run as administrator, still nothing happens

Something seems to prevent CMD from launching, in my opinion.

Later today I will also make some classic installers, without the ability to change the version.

Also using Windows 10 by the way.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2020 at 7:43 AM Post #36,308 of 45,723
Something seems to prevent CMD from launching, in my opinion.

Later today I will also make some classic installers, without the ability to change the version.

Also using Windows 10 by the way.

Tried to reboot the machine and disable anti virus and malware protection but still no luck

Apr 16, 2020 at 7:47 AM Post #36,309 of 45,723
Hmm that’s odd. All of them work fine with my windows 10 as well. Maybe an issue with your access control?

Apr 16, 2020 at 7:47 AM Post #36,310 of 45,723
Autumn+

When the leaves fall, so do the beats. This version of Autumn punches way down with
superb bass resolution. The vocals are full and warm yet airy and articulate. Highs are
silky smooth. The soundstage is wide and well spread out. The best all round sound for
all genres.

This is basically a more refined tuning of Autumn, which sounds really great in my opinion.

But enough with the descriptions. If you'd like to try it out yourself, you can find it here (click).

As previously mentioned, the tuning was done using a stock WM1A, using the J region.
Using this on a WM1Z (included in the link) or on a WM1A with a different region may
result in a slightly different sound.

Thanks again, @aceedburn for the description and for testing!

As always, feedback is welcomed :wink:

Enjoy!

Wow! I am completely blown away by this Autumn+. Best mod FW I have heard so far. Great job @morgenstern09 & @aceedburn.

Apr 16, 2020 at 7:51 AM Post #36,311 of 45,723
Hi guys

Would anyone know the part number for the Sony cable that links the WM1A data/charge port to the PHA2A micro USB port please...

I have seen one in a YT video but I am struggling to find it on the interweb...

It’s not the cable that links WM1A to a male or female usb A ... it’s a very short cable that can be used to stack the PHA2A with the WM1A..

Thanks

Apr 16, 2020 at 7:54 AM Post #36,312 of 45,723
...2 of them have very deep bass and 2 of them have unbelievable soundstage. If you love soundstage, summer is the one you want..
@aceedburn and @morgenstern09
I like both very deep bass AND huge soundstage.. what to do? :sweat_smile:

How about creating a 'Monsoon Season' that combines them? :ksc75smile:

Apr 16, 2020 at 7:59 AM Post #36,313 of 45,723
Apr 16, 2020 at 8:35 AM Post #36,314 of 45,723
Try the new Autumn+. You won’t be disappointed.

I very much intend to :)
I've got it now, but have no access to a Windows machine, so have to wait and see if a Mac version ever gets made by anyone here :)

I noticed you also did a version of Autumn+ for the ZX300! Delighted to see that and got that too.

Plan to buy a cheap Windows desktop at some point in the future, but what with everything going on right now, that plan's on the back burner for the time being! :)
Regardless, huge appreciation to you guys for your great work!

Apr 16, 2020 at 8:36 AM Post #36,315 of 45,723
@Lookout57 and @nc8000
Is there any chance you guys (or anyone else) could make .dmg Mac versions of these for WM1Z? :)
The original poster has links to them he can provide you :)
I can do macOS versions that will run on 10.14 Mojave or earlier. I just will need someplace to upload them to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back