SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 16, 2020 at 2:59 AM Post #36,287 of 45,723
I admire the work you have done to pack up these mods and make the process really easy for end users.

I haven't tried them yet, but I am keen on testing Autumn+ in my 1z. And just to clarify, I bought it outside Japan, but I set it to Japan region and would like to keep that region. Does it mean I should install the universal (U) version of these mods?
Yes try universal version.

Apr 16, 2020 at 3:55 AM Post #36,288 of 45,723
Spring is fantastic , i think i am gonna stay here for a little while

here is another great Prog House dj mix from 2001

CD1

CD2

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2020 at 4:08 AM Post #36,289 of 45,723
I have 244 albums in Hi-res 36% is DSD. These 244 represent the 7,21% of my collection of 3383 albums, 92.79% is CD.

I don't know if @Vitaly2017 is just getting dsd without checking it. There's no hi-res from material produced in the 90s and early 2000. Hi-res only formulate 2000s, 2010s and early analogue (before 90s)

Apr 16, 2020 at 4:56 AM Post #36,290 of 45,723
Autumn+

When the leaves fall, so do the beats. This version of Autumn punches way down with
superb bass resolution. The vocals are full and warm yet airy and articulate. Highs are
silky smooth. The soundstage is wide and well spread out. The best all round sound for
all genres.

This is basically a more refined tuning of Autumn, which sounds really great in my opinion.

But enough with the descriptions. If you'd like to try it out yourself, you can find it here (click).

As previously mentioned, the tuning was done using a stock WM1A, using the J region.
Using this on a WM1Z (included in the link) or on a WM1A with a different region may
result in a slightly different sound.

Thanks again, @aceedburn for the description and for testing!

As always, feedback is welcomed :wink:

Enjoy!
Using Autumn+ with my modded 1A and it is a masterpiece and end game FW for me.

Thanks @aceedburn and @morgenstern09 again, my joy is even higher than spending three grands on a new IEM.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2020 at 4:59 AM Post #36,291 of 45,723
I have a silly question and I did search but I guess my search skills are not up to the mark.

Can I plug in 2 headphones or IEMs in the WM1A at the same time? One in the balanced port and one in the single ended port and have 2 people listen to the same music.

Before I blow my WM1A with this experiment I wanted to check with the gurus here. :thinking:

Apr 16, 2020 at 5:10 AM Post #36,292 of 45,723
I have a silly question and I did search but I guess my search skills are not up to the mark.

Can I plug in 2 headphones or IEMs in the WM1A at the same time? One in the balanced port and one in the single ended port and have 2 people listen to the same music.

Before I blow my WM1A with this experiment I wanted to check with the gurus here. :thinking:

Once you plug in the balanced IEM's the single ended port is disconnected.

Q-6

Apr 16, 2020 at 5:18 AM Post #36,293 of 45,723

Balanced disables single ended. You could use a splitter on the single ended

Apr 16, 2020 at 5:49 AM Post #36,294 of 45,723
my joy is even higher than spending three grands on a new IEM.

Yes, it just sounds awesome! I'm still blown away myself.

I would dare saying it sounds better than all 4 previously released Seasons.

I don't feel like looking for more with this one. Maybe only for the sake of experimentation, because otherwise it's sublime.

Edit: This is on top of 3.02, no idea how it sounds on 3.01 but maybe I'll check.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2020 at 5:49 AM Post #36,295 of 45,723

Thanks @aceedburn and @morgenstern09 again, my joy is even higher than spending three grands on a new IEM.
Indeed. It is really nice. Glad we found this special tuning after loads of testing. This magic created by @morgenstern09 really changes the perceived sound of the 1A we have in our mind. It shows what proper tuning can do to sound and further enhances the capabilities of this beautiful DAP. I’m really blown away by Autumn+ as well. Couldn’t stop listening and re listening to all my favourite songs.

Apr 16, 2020 at 5:51 AM Post #36,296 of 45,723
@aceedburn which stock FW are you on (before putting autumn+) ?

3.01 ? 3.02 ? something else ?

Apr 16, 2020 at 5:57 AM Post #36,297 of 45,723
Apr 16, 2020 at 6:38 AM Post #36,298 of 45,723
1. Summer - As the sun shines brightly, the warm and Holographic soundstage that is insanely wide envelopes you with lush mids and ultra smooth highs while producing a very refined and deep bass experience.
2. Autumn - As the leaves fall, the thick and rich mids coupled with refined treble and super deep bass gives you an enveloping wide stage of powerful and impactful sound.
3. Winter - As the snow falls, the gentle and warm mids coupled with silky smooth treble elevate you to reach the deepest depths of bass and enjoy a sound that plays well with all genres.
4. Spring - When the leaves grow, you get a sense of clean and detailed resolution that shines through with ease. The highs, mids and lows blend together in a very balanced yet enjoyable way with a tinge of warmth.

@Lookout57 and @nc8000
Is there any chance you guys (or anyone else) could make .dmg Mac versions of these for WM1Z? :)
The original poster has links to them he can provide you :)

Apr 16, 2020 at 7:10 AM Post #36,299 of 45,723
Last edited:
Apr 16, 2020 at 7:11 AM Post #36,300 of 45,723
@Lookout57 and @nc8000
Is there any chance you guys (or anyone else) could make .dmg Mac versions of these for WM1Z? :)
The original poster has links to them he can provide you :)

I can’t I’m just hosting the work of others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back