1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 30, 2016.
  1. gerelmx1986
    The newer A100 and Zx500 have switched to USB-C

2. ChrisIsAwesome
    That's great, i really hope their next flagship has usb-c.

3. DONTGIVEUP
    I find USB-C cables very flimsy compared to wm-port cables which have lasted more than 10 years for me.

Anyway, I had to take out all my dance tracks from 1Z and put it on 1A, as I found dance music was way to bassy for me on 1Z. So now my 1Z is loaded with rock and pop music.

4. somnarium
    AMP8 has 4.4 balanced

Skullar likes this.
  5. proedros
    is there an SONY buy link for the usb port charge/data cable for wm1a?

or a 3rd party same cable ?

thanx

6. Skullar
    Oh i did not know that. How is the overall sound sig with amp 8?

7. RobertP
    Finally, I bought WM1Z for $1750. Have to wait for week or two to arrive and then start the burn-in process. Can't wait to compare them.

Aslshark and nc8000 like this.
  8. Mal Waldron
    IMG_20191208_190718.jpg Bought a Dignis case on May 2019 and one the sides is starting to taking off. I've just contact them and they've said me
    "it can be repaired to be judged by the photo, but customer have to pay shipping fee of two ways". I wouldn't think of paying those shipping costs and possible customs costs upon receiving the return package. If I know that I won't buy covers on that website again. I'll try to paste it myself with special skin glue.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
  9. DatDudeNic
    Who would have known that LDAC was the magic touch to make the mdr 1a sound good. Playing spotify (ik...) using bt func. on wm1a tames the sparkly treble of the mdr 1a.

10. thymen002
    Congrats on the purchase!
    Where did you get a new one for $1750? Have been checking daily but haven't been able to find a better price than $2399 new?

11. RobertP
    Win the Ebay auction is the only way to get it cheap. Otherwise you can buy used for around this price range too. Have to wait until some vender put it on auction.

12. bflat
    Just take it to a local cobbler and I’m sure they can fix it for a few dollars. Even if Dignis gave you free repairs it would take weeks.

Mal Waldron likes this.
  13. Redcarmoose

Local Cobbler?.......oh....you mean next to the local Blacksmith?
    You mean travel back in time to Medieval England? They still have those?

Vitaly2017 and spanky310 like this.
  14. djricekcn
    Shoe. Laether repair shop etc most major malls in America has them or accepts them for outsource as far as I know. At least in Los angeles

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    Damz87 and RobertP like this.
  15. djricekcn
    Target had them up for a while. If you have a red card, you can get 5 percent off