SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 11, 2019 at 6:54 AM Post #30,722 of 45,723
Bought a Dignis case on May 2019 and one the sides is starting to taking off. I've just contact them and they've said me
"it can be repaired to be judged by the photo, but customer have to pay shipping fee of two ways". I wouldn't think of paying those shipping costs and possible customs costs upon receiving the return package. If I know that I won't buy covers on that website again. I'll try to paste it myself with special skin glue.

You could get any adhesive like a PVA and fix that your self very quickly... that’s all Dignis would do on that particular detail... a PVA will dry clear too...

Just use a tooth pick to push the adhesive into the gap... then wipe away the excess and use a paper clip or one of those larger clips (you use to hold a lot of paper together) and let it go off... you won’t notice the difference...

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2019 at 7:01 AM Post #30,723 of 45,723
Sorry if this has been asked before but I am struggling to find a definite answer...

When you look to get the English UI using the ‘J’ designation (so to get the increased frequency range as well as the gain and volume uncapped) ...

Do you set up the change of code from the CEW or CEW2 into ‘J’ then reset everything as though you had finished and then go back in and change the ‘J’ to say an ‘E’ ...?

Or do you just change to ‘J’ and enter and while still in the command window change it again to say an ‘E’...?

Thanks

Dec 11, 2019 at 7:02 AM Post #30,724 of 45,723
You could get any adhesive like a PVA and fix that your self very quickly... that’s all Dignis would do on that particular detail... a PVA will dry clear too...

Tomorrow, I'll recieve a special glue for leather.

Dec 11, 2019 at 7:08 AM Post #30,725 of 45,723
Tomorrow, I'll recieve a special glue for leather.

That’s good mate... but truth is that even the cheap PVA kids glue would do the same job... so if you have paid a lot for your order ... it might be worth returning it...

Adhesive makers always charge a premium when you put a specific word (like leather, Rubber etc) in front of the word glue or adhesive... :wink:

Dec 11, 2019 at 7:37 AM Post #30,726 of 45,723
That’s good mate... but truth is that even the cheap PVA kids glue would do the same job... so if you have paid a lot for your order ... it might be worth returning it...

Adhesive makers always charge a premium when you put a specific word (like leather, Rubber etc) in front of the word glue or adhesive... :wink:

3 euro in Amazon...
81d6EZgRKFL._SY450_.jpg

Dec 11, 2019 at 7:44 AM Post #30,728 of 45,723
Sorry if this has been asked before but I am struggling to find a definite answer...

When you look to get the English UI using the ‘J’ designation (so to get the increased frequency range as well as the gain and volume uncapped) ...

Do you set up the change of code from the CEW or CEW2 into ‘J’ then reset everything as though you had finished and then go back in and change the ‘J’ to say an ‘E’ ...?

Or do you just change to ‘J’ and enter and while still in the command window change it again to say an ‘E’...?

Thanks
which frequency range increase are you talking about?

Dec 11, 2019 at 7:45 AM Post #30,729 of 45,723

Thanks

I just use E. The frequence range is not relevant for the 1A and 1Z players as they don’t have a FM tuner built in

Dec 11, 2019 at 9:38 AM Post #30,730 of 45,723
I just use E. The frequence range is not relevant for the 1A and 1Z players as they don’t have a FM tuner built in
If he wants radio, he can buy a NW-A55L and set it on the region E.

Dec 11, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #30,731 of 45,723
If he wants radio, he can buy a NW-A55L and set it on the region E.

yes but region J has a wider FM frequency range than the other regions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back