SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 9, 2019 at 2:19 AM Post #30,706 of 45,723
IMO, if your IEM is low impedance and efficient (high sensitivity), there will be no subtle difference between 3.5mm single ended and 4.4mm balanced.

However, if your IEM/headphone is high > 50ohm and sensitivity lower than 100 dBSPL, the sound difference between single-ended and balanced can be easily distinguished .

Again, everyone hear things differently, there are many other factors affecting the sound...
Well for me its as if Sony did not put much effort into 3.5mm performance... As it did not sound MUCH better then my v30, not enough to have a dedicated Dap anyway. 4.4mm balanced however is another dimension. And my iems are rated 32ohm max.
It will depend on what iems you use of course. And maybe even what genre you are listening to.

But again, i do agree that we all hear it different so the above is my take on it. And there is no wrong or right when it comes to listening experience...
Well Unless you are buying $1.5k Dap to stream Spotify haha. Jk jk. Im sure someone does that too.:ksc75smile:

Dec 9, 2019 at 3:21 PM Post #30,711 of 45,723
is there an SONY buy link for the usb port charge/data cable for wm1a?

or a 3rd party same cable ?

thanx

Dec 9, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #30,713 of 45,723
Finally, I bought WM1Z for $1750. Have to wait for week or two to arrive and then start the burn-in process. Can't wait to compare them.

Dec 10, 2019 at 3:10 AM Post #30,714 of 45,723
IMG_20191208_190718.jpg
Bought a Dignis case on May 2019 and one the sides is starting to taking off. I've just contact them and they've said me
"it can be repaired to be judged by the photo, but customer have to pay shipping fee of two ways". I wouldn't think of paying those shipping costs and possible customs costs upon receiving the return package. If I know that I won't buy covers on that website again. I'll try to paste it myself with special skin glue.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2019 at 6:34 AM Post #30,715 of 45,723
Who would have known that LDAC was the magic touch to make the mdr 1a sound good. Playing spotify (ik...) using bt func. on wm1a tames the sparkly treble of the mdr 1a.

Dec 10, 2019 at 11:06 AM Post #30,717 of 45,723
Win the Ebay auction is the only way to get it cheap. Otherwise you can buy used for around this price range too. Have to wait until some vender put it on auction.

Dec 10, 2019 at 12:26 PM Post #30,718 of 45,723
Bought a Dignis case on May 2019 and one the sides is starting to taking off. I've just contact them and they've said me
"it can be repaired to be judged by the photo, but customer have to pay shipping fee of two ways". I wouldn't think of paying those shipping costs and possible customs costs upon receiving the return package. If I know that I won't buy covers on that website again. I'll try to paste it myself with special skin glue.

Just take it to a local cobbler and I’m sure they can fix it for a few dollars. Even if Dignis gave you free repairs it would take weeks.

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #30,719 of 45,723
Just take it to a local cobbler and I’m sure they can fix it for a few dollars. Even if Dignis gave you free repairs it would take weeks.

Local Cobbler?.......oh....you mean next to the local Blacksmith?
You mean travel back in time to Medieval England? They still have those?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back