1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 30, 2016.
  1. nc8000 Contributor
    I hated how it flips up rather than left

2. Redcarmoose
    It doesn’t really cover much. Meaning the sides are open. As well as I have ended up with a ding on a corner using that case. I only have myself to blame, still I wonder if a different case would have protected the 1Z corner? After a couple years I only have three small marks. And like most stuff in life it gets used and slightly marked even with love. Some people have also had issues the way the included 1Z case clips on. The general consensus is there are better aftermarket cases. Though this whole case thing becomes increasingly subjective as time of ownership goes on. IMO

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
    Aslshark and Sp12er3 like this.
  3. aceedburn
    01C82DFA-E399-4455-BA92-F008BAB3F1AD.jpeg 8262CDA3-2CBA-43E9-8805-46A79F92BA5E.jpeg 01F49460-342C-4C1E-818A-C51E1252D3B5.jpeg I love my miter case for my 1A. Used it also for the ZX300 previously. May not offer great drop protection but is functional as it stands on my desktop when I use it for dac/amp.

4. SBranson
    Thanks for the replies. The open sides did seem a little TOO open but I figured I could learn to live with the up/down flip of the cover.

Maybe I'll keep looking. I currently have the silicon case and a screen protector but I think I want something a little more substantial. This thing is a brick and I feel like it would fall hard if I let it slip.

Love the look of the Musashino Label one but it seems tough to get without friends in Japan.

5. nc8000 Contributor
    I bought a Musashino 4.4 to 3.5 adaptor using a forwarding service, don’t recall which one.

Erfan Elahi likes this.
  6. SBranson
    Hmm.. on quick inspection that looks easier than I expected. I saw Tenso and Blackship as the first two in my search.

7. simon740
    Thank you.
    Im thinking of WM1A and the Sony MDR-Z7/M2 for the start

regards,
    Simon

8. auronthas
    EASECASE do offer other color leather case, I ordered mine in coffee brown leather as photo attached and can customize with your name .

And I stored them in Pelican case as well. Double protection for this precious gem. :ksc75smile:
    20191020_193221.jpg
    20191020_193242.jpg

Redcarmoose, rtjoa and lesale08 like this.
  9. Maxx134
    I could not find that specific case there..

10. rgr555
    the usb plug actually clears the bottom? hard to tell from the angle. im guessing it does. the way i see my zx300 is it needs at least 1 inch to clear on bottom. i have mine standing on the usb plug on top of an old android phone stand

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  11. auronthas
    Used to be there previously in AliExpress, or you can find it in Taobao (mostly Chinese text)

【A6翻盖款EASECASE定制索尼WM1A WM1AZ保护套 露屏 经典纹牛皮浅咖】https://c.tb.cn/h.eKVDTXD?sm=3a8f36

12. aceedburn
    Yes it does. It’s a very slim case so no issues.

13. Hanafuda

Well I'm a Benks TPU + hardened glass (Dragontrail) on the screen believer, so you probably don't want my opinion. But I'm really happy with it. I can actually see what I bought.

[​IMG]

Erfan Elahi, Maxx134, Pablovi and 6 others like this.
  14. nc8000 Contributor
    Totally agree

fiascogarcia and Hanafuda like this.
  15. hshock76
    On Benks case too for exactly the same reason + it came with all the dust plugs as bonus.