SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2019 at 6:47 AM Post #30,137 of 45,723
Oct 18, 2019 at 7:03 AM Post #30,138 of 45,723
I’m also very suspect of people who write about how good these new FiiO players are
Well, I'm sure that goes on with a lot of gear.
I can only comment on the fiio that I have owned which was the m11 Pro.
My view is that it can hold its own against competition twice it's price.

I don't think it should be compared to the Sony because of the different sound..
I think the m11pro should be compared to the other units that have the same chip. I'm pretty much sure they will have the competition.

Oct 18, 2019 at 7:18 AM Post #30,140 of 45,723
I still cant decide between WM1A and Fiio M11pro :confused:
Hmm...
Consider your gear what headphones are IEM you use and what type of sound you like prefer naturally and you choose your source gear accordingly.

Sometimes a more energetic gear (fiio) can make a bland headphone sound alive.
Some people have different priorities like natural timber (sony)..

Some people prefer different aspects of soundstage.
Some people prefer a detailed busy soundstage (fiio).
Some people prefer a more liquid natural sound stage with more Layered detailing (sony).

Some people won't notice much difference, if at all...
if there are new to the hobby and will notice more differences with the IEMs & headphones,
than with the unit.
Why?, Because most differences fall within the last 15% range, except for the amplifier power which is easiest noticeable..

So bottom line your dilemma has no answer ha, only you can answer it..

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2019 at 7:40 AM Post #30,141 of 45,723
Consider your gear what headphones are IEM you use and what type of sound you like prefer naturally and you choose your source gear accordingly.

Sometimes a more energetic gear (fiio) can make a bland headphone sound alive.
Some people have different priorities like natural timber (sony)..

Some people prefer different aspects of soundstage.
Some people prefer a detailed busy soundstage (fiio).
Some people prefer a more liquid natural sound stage with more Layered detailing (sony).

Some people won't notice much difference, if at all...
if there are new to the hobby and will notice more differences with the IEMs & headphones,
than with the unit.
Why?, Because most differences fall within the last 15% range, except for the amplifier power which is easiest noticeable..

So bottom line your dilemma has no answer ha, only you can answer it..

thanks for that

Oct 18, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #30,142 of 45,723
Oct 18, 2019 at 9:45 AM Post #30,144 of 45,723
In a nutshell, get the Sony if you want a Walkman that’s musical, feature packed and most importantly just works fine every single day without any issues and plays anything you throw at it. Or get a Fiio and live with Bluetooth and software problems that most probably never get fixed and everyrime you write to support you have to send them the music file that apparently causes the problem when the problem is with their firmware. They make great hardware but ufortunately FiiO suck big time at software. With all the issues the m11 and m11 pro are already causing, I won’t be surprised if m13 comes out early next year and suddenly support for m11 becomes redundant. History repeats itself with fiio one too many times.

Oct 18, 2019 at 10:37 PM Post #30,146 of 45,723
any alternative stands for sony walkmans other than the Sony STD-NWU10 ? don't really want to spend $65-80

there is the full cradle but that cost even more

SONY Walkman Cradle BCR-NWH10

in theory you could perhaps use

Sony Portable Dock Speaker RDP-NWT19 BM

Oct 19, 2019 at 1:09 AM Post #30,147 of 45,723
any alternative stands for sony walkmans other than the Sony STD-NWU10 ? don't really want to spend $65-80
Does this stand support the WM1A/Z as well? Would it fit into the dock? I was interested in getting it as well.

Oct 19, 2019 at 2:23 AM Post #30,148 of 45,723
Does this stand support the WM1A/Z as well? Would it fit into the dock? I was interested in getting it as well.

Yep

CE6CB1C4-F13A-417E-BF28-A4BC7DAB179D.jpeg

Oct 19, 2019 at 3:45 AM Post #30,149 of 45,723
Great thanks for the pic. But. It’s rather expensive for just a stand though on ebay. I would buy it in a flash if it sold for USD30 or less!

Oct 19, 2019 at 3:59 AM Post #30,150 of 45,723
Great thanks for the pic. But. It’s rather expensive for just a stand though on ebay. I would buy it in a flash if it sold for USD30 or less!

yes it’s a bit much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back