1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 30, 2016.
  1. Redcarmoose
    Before I purchased my new leather cover I did get a slight mark with using the included black leather/plastic case. The copper is way soft as far as case material goes. But I’m not complaining, I would still love my 1Z even if it was covered with porcupine quills.

There are all styles of covers, so individual mistakes causing dings would vary. I’m sure there are cases that completely protect the 1Z.

Even aluminum IEMs dropping unexpectedly from 10 inches onto the actual DAP 1Z case will create a small ding.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
    Erfan Elahi likes this.
  2. lesale08
    Got it. The 1Z needs extreme or beyond extreme care if you want it to stay looking new for years.

Aslshark and flyer1 like this.
  3. hireslover

Redcarmoose likes this.
  4. hireslover
    Any suggestions on a better case besides the Dignis?

5. Viszla
    AF52CC58-614C-4863-B66C-6C527D2D6F87.jpeg
    Valentinum Look at etsy

6. Redcarmoose
    Musashino Label but hard to find. I purchased one in Tokyo. I’m going to look for another in Osaka in April. They can be found online but it’s hard to do.

CBEE0522-F94D-4B84-9814-8DD28FC0CA44.jpeg 637E9F35-EF60-44A9-B575-E029DD466FE5.jpeg

7. auronthas
  8. hireslover
    Thank you guys for all your suggestions but I really do have the feel for the Musashino Label. How does it hold itself?

9. Redcarmoose
    They have black which has almost a fake leather look. Though that will be my next one. The light brown is nice though due to the color it shows everything. It a self healing effect with the scratches. Though all and all it’s held up well. I washed it one time. But all and all you have to be into it looking just slightly aged, where I’m sure some cases will always look the same. It gets the award as the softest feel that’s for sure. Also take note the design does not leave a way to change out cards while it’s on.

10. Blueoris
    In the download page, Sony states that the Sony USB Audio Driver for Windows requires Windows 7, 8.1 or 10.
    Has anybody here had success installing it on Windows Server (2012 or higher)?

11. animalsrush
    41801273-B368-4FAA-981B-A074CEBD8700.jpeg 935029C9-3CFB-43FF-8AC5-1A381EAF36EB.jpeg
    Not really. I have it for 3 years now and use it the supplied leather case but transport it in a pelican case when traveling and not in use. The only dent you see is that I dropped in an airplane during transatlantic flight and the edge hit the metal part of seat lag not hard but skimmed it. Don’t have to baby it but don’t be brutal with it

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
    Erfan Elahi likes this.
  12. pond44
    Someone just mentioned "Synergy", and that is what you have to think about when trying to match up gear to go with your Sony stuff. If you are looking at buying headphones or IEMs for a Sony DAP, I feel you have to try a Sony product first because of the compatibility and sound signature that has been developed by Sony for their products, then you can try other brands later. I think you know what I'm on about so I won't go on further but I feel Sony goes with Sony more than any other brand.

13. lesale08
    From how you described it you seem to be babying it with another case to carry when you’re out.

14. SBranson
    Can't speak to the pro version which is supposed to be much better than the original but with my EE Legend X, the original M11 was really a disappointment. I wasn't aware that the M11 was the problem until a friend told me not to give up on the Legend X based on that DAP as he couldn't understand why I was really not enjoying the LX. I tried a Pioneer XDP300R which was better but the WM1A has been a revelation with the LX. I am very pleased with them now..
    As they say, synergy, will be the key.

But if you need all the features of an android player then I suppose the wm1a won't be for you but if, like me, you just want an extremely good sounding player then I can't recommend trying the wm1a enough. Get a used one and if you don't like it then sell it when the M11 pros inevitably hit the used market at discount prices. I've already seen one on the used market.

simon740 likes this.
  15. SBranson
    Any reason not to get the stock Sony leather case for my WM1A? I really like the idea of something covering the screen.