1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 30, 2016.
  1. gerelmx1986
    It is not really bad if.you eq it right. Love the isolation, i will continue to experiment with it, perhaps I get a balanced cable later

15653775513185394138973679853130.jpg

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  2. Lookout57
    I use the 1A/1Z in my 2014 A7. This was the last year that they didn't support FLAC media, so to me it's a big improvement. However in my Q7 and TT RS I use a SD Card and FLAC which does sound better but will never be as good what you can get from the headphone jack of the 1A/1Z.

3. gerelmx1986
    Do you know how to remove a stuck IEM tip inside your canal? crap happened, tried the fiio FA7 tips on my IER-Z1R and one for stuck inside my ears while removing the IER-Z1R.

Fiio has definitely no quality control, there is no precision, the vocal and bass tips one had a larger bore diameter and then other fit exactly the IER-Z1R nozzles. Foamies didn't fit too big bore, double flange also had this issue of precision left was right, the right tip was wider

4. Mal Waldron
    tweezers.jpg
    Tweezers could do the trick...

5. szore
    Hello, I've been considering buying the WM1, but I'm having trouble finding reviews that talk about its sound..

6. nc8000 Contributor
    There are about 2000 pages of reviews in this thread alone

7. szore
    Yes that's why i've come here

8. nc8000 Contributor
    Then you have found many reviews talking about the sound and there are many reviews if you search the net but you still if possible need to audition either player to see if you like the sound, no review can tell you that, only give you general ideas

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  9. szore
    I want to know how it compares to an A&K dap like the SE100.

10. nc8000 Contributor
    I have never heard any AK player so can’t help but again there are plenty comparisons to AK players and many other players in this thread you just have to work your way through the thread (yes I know that will take some time)

11. szore
    I'm working through it!

12. NickL33
    Deepends on deep you have inserted?

I would suggest, if u cant get it out with simple tweezer. Please go to an ENT or Doctor to remove it, as you dont want to keep pushing it deeper.:triportsad:

13. szore
    Hold your nose and blow!

14. Quadfather
    Has anybody used a Fatbear armored case with the Sony for a length of time with no scratches to be seen?

15. gerelmx1986
    managed to remove it, carefully inserted some small screwdriver used for jewelry and I pulled it out