1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 30, 2016.
  1. gerelmx1986
    1565187712779796815579575919280.jpg

Aslshark likes this.
  2. nc8000 Contributor
    Yes I get 20-25 hours per charge, never turn off and charge once a week

3. rgutierr
    Such a nice pic

4. gazzington
    Can't get my oneplus6 phone to connect Bluetooth to the wm1a. They just don't see each other

5. nc8000 Contributor
    Just a stupid question but have you activated receiver on the 1A before trying to connect from the phone ?

6. gazzington
    Yeah, it's switched on.

7. Mal Waldron
    Most of the time I have to restart my phone to get connected

8. DONTGIVEUP
    Anyone paired 1Z into their car system. I have flac 24bit and it sounds like mp3 192. Just bad!
    I have an Q5 and took the 1z first time outside and I’m disappointed by the Bluetooth quality.

9. kausbose
    The WM1Z supports LDAC, AptX and AptX HD (on Bluetooth V. 4.2). This is the latest codecs currently available (Bluetooth 5.0 is out on some devices, but it's not mainstream yet, however it doesn't bring any additional benefits to the protocols mentioned earlier).

Here's a link (https://www.sony.com/electronics/walkman/nw-wm1z/specifications) to the spec sheet on sony's website. Depending on the model and age of your car, it's very likely that the same protocols are not supported in your car, i.e. it's the car not the device.

You can try something like the FiiO BTR3 (https://www.amazon.com/FiiO-BTR3-Bluetooth-Receiver-Portable/dp/B07FVN14FH) and see if that improves your experience.

Or you could plug the device right into the MMI with the following adapter (https://www.amazon.com/CHELINK-Inte...argid=aud-801381245258:pla-391767880239&psc=1)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
    DONTGIVEUP likes this.
  10. nc8000 Contributor
    What codec does your car support ?
    My car only support sbc so the result will never be good

DONTGIVEUP likes this.
  11. gerelmx1986
  12. DONTGIVEUP
    6CEE3812-F510-47A7-A1C6-2247E8ED1FBB.jpeg @kausbose, @nc8000

Thanks guys. I didn’t think about the Q5 conversion of flac.
    I’m not sure what it converts it too as I don’t have the options on the Q5 screen.
    Must be MP3 192 kbps or lower.

13. DONTGIVEUP
    Maybe the size of the drivers is what made Sony make usb housing from their initial EX300 to Z5.
    Now with M7,M9 & Z1R shaped to the size of our ears it could be a thing of the past.
    Also with things getting smaller and current lifestyle choices, years from now Z5 and similar looking iems could be in no wanted list!

14. Redcarmoose
    For the longest time I used the Sony Triple Comfort Tips with the Z5. The Triples came after the introduction of the Z5, but the stiffness they produce seemed to be another way to lock the Z5 better into place?

15. AlexCBSN
    That’s why they released another iem as their flagship, the fh7