SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
post-15106986
Post #29,086 of 43,117

gerelmx1986

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Aug 25, 2014
Messages
10,077
Reaction score
2,703
Location
Germany
Joined
Aug 25, 2014
Location
Germany
Posts
10,077
Likes
2,703
I did some accounting I have 6% of my library in hi-res the rest 94% and s CD FLAC.

From the hi-res 40% is DSD (79 albums) the rest 60% is hi-res PCM (121 albums). 329GB of lossless HD from.the complete 1.16TB
 
Last edited:
     Share This Post       
post-15107048
Post #29,087 of 43,117

Redcarmoose

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Dec 11, 2008
Messages
18,868
Reaction score
11,547
Location
.
Joined
Dec 11, 2008
Location
.
Posts
18,868
Likes
11,547
I rhink @Redcarmoose ohne said that the IER-Z1R has.more physical Bass to it than the MDR-Z1R, and that at times can the MDR-Z1R sound bass shy.

Not so I think, good bass as the IER-Z1R
I would never call the MDR bass shy; no one in their right mind would. I must have said in contrast to the IER the MDR bass was transparent.

The crazy part is for the most part, both IER and MDR share the same tune. Sony made them sound the same! Wild when you really think about it. No one has done that.
 
     Share This Post       
post-15107053
Post #29,088 of 43,117

Redcarmoose

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Dec 11, 2008
Messages
18,868
Reaction score
11,547
Location
.
Joined
Dec 11, 2008
Location
.
Posts
18,868
Likes
11,547
I think there is more physical feeling to the bass on the MDR as it moves more air and affects the area of skin around the ear as well, but they may well be more direct ear drum slam from the IER.
So how would you compare the TA to the Walkman 1Z while using your IER-Z1R?
 
     Share This Post       
post-15107066
Post #29,089 of 43,117

Redcarmoose

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Dec 11, 2008
Messages
18,868
Reaction score
11,547
Location
.
Joined
Dec 11, 2008
Location
.
Posts
18,868
Likes
11,547
I did some accounting I have 6% of my library in hi-res the rest 94% and s CD FLAC.

From the hi-res 40% is DSD (79 albums) the rest 60% is hi-res PCM (121 albums). 329GB of lossless HD from.the complete 1.16TB
Same here. I have very little music above 16/44 FLAC. Though I account that to the style of music I’m into. Most of my music is either extreme metal or electronic. I have only a couple hi-res soundtracks but everything else is hi-res needle drops. Still most of the time I will prefer a studio FLAC to a needle drop. It’s just that some albums sound interesting recorded from a record pressing. The only reason I’m even interested in the Sony sound is because it makes digital sound close to what I used to listen to on vinyl. I couldn’t take my vinyl where I moved to and so my quest was to find something close to the vinyl sound.
 
Last edited:
     Share This Post       
post-15107078
Post #29,090 of 43,117

nc8000

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Apr 30, 2007
Messages
9,104
Reaction score
3,492
Location
Kalundborg, Denmark
Joined
Apr 30, 2007
Location
Kalundborg, Denmark
Posts
9,104
Likes
3,492
Age
57
So how would you compare the TA to the Walkman 1Z while using your IER-Z1R?
Have not yet tried the IER from the TA as that is not the intended use and the cable is too short.
 
     Share This Post       
  • Like
Reactions: Redcarmoose
post-15107085
Post #29,091 of 43,117

nc8000

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Apr 30, 2007
Messages
9,104
Reaction score
3,492
Location
Kalundborg, Denmark
Joined
Apr 30, 2007
Location
Kalundborg, Denmark
Posts
9,104
Likes
3,492
Age
57
I did some accounting I have 6% of my library in hi-res the rest 94% and s CD FLAC.

From the hi-res 40% is DSD (79 albums) the rest 60% is hi-res PCM (121 albums). 329GB of lossless HD from.the complete 1.16TB
About 25% of my music is hires however I only use that at home with the Auralic streamer and TA amp. On the 1Z I have downsampled it all to 16/44 or 16/48 so I can fit my entire library on the player and I have to admit that I have to concentrate fairly hard to detect the improvements of hires, red book is still really good. About 3-4% of my music is aac 320kb as this is older ripped music where I don’t have access to the cd’s any longer (library or friend’s cd’s)
 
     Share This Post       
  • Like
Reactions: Aslshark
post-15107089
Post #29,092 of 43,117

gerelmx1986

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Aug 25, 2014
Messages
10,077
Reaction score
2,703
Location
Germany
Joined
Aug 25, 2014
Location
Germany
Posts
10,077
Likes
2,703
I would never call the MDR bass shy; no one in their right mind would. I must have said in contrast to the IER the MDR bass was transparent.

The crazy part is for the most part, both IER and MDR share the same tune. Sony made them sound the same! Wild when you really think about it. No one has done that.
I do agree with you and @nc8000 the bass of z1R cans comes in off cleaner and better bodied. And yes crazy <german>wannsinn </german> both Z1R sound the same, so I have no trouble switching between both of them.

Yeah I expect the fiio FA7 signature to be vastly different from the Z1R's n, but to have started iem collection is good and for the intended use of the FA7 (commuter train) no problem
 
     Share This Post       
post-15107272
Post #29,093 of 43,117

kausbose

New Head-Fier
Joined
Apr 7, 2018
Messages
19
Reaction score
17
Location
Dallas, TX
Joined
Apr 7, 2018
Location
Dallas, TX
Posts
19
Likes
17
Hi all; Has anyone developed any issues with their battery yet? I have a WM1Z and I feel the battery is weakening. It's way past it's warranty life. I did see some responses from back in 2017 on this thread. I am trying to get some responses that are relevant to 2019. Any details will be appreciated.
 
     Share This Post       
post-15107319
Post #29,094 of 43,117

nc8000

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Apr 30, 2007
Messages
9,104
Reaction score
3,492
Location
Kalundborg, Denmark
Joined
Apr 30, 2007
Location
Kalundborg, Denmark
Posts
9,104
Likes
3,492
Age
57
Hi all; Has anyone developed any issues with their battery yet? I have a WM1Z and I feel the battery is weakening. It's way past it's warranty life. I did see some responses from back in 2017 on this thread. I am trying to get some responses that are relevant to 2019. Any details will be appreciated.
Mine is near 3 years old and has done about 2500 hours and no noticable degredation. Gerelmx1986 is approaching 7000 hours and as far as I know have no problem
 
     Share This Post       
post-15107340
Post #29,095 of 43,117

gerelmx1986

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Aug 25, 2014
Messages
10,077
Reaction score
2,703
Location
Germany
Joined
Aug 25, 2014
Location
Germany
Posts
10,077
Likes
2,703
Mine is near 3 years old and has done about 2500 hours and no noticable degredation. Gerelmx1986 is approaching 7000 hours and as far as I know have no problem
Exacto no problem, still last like 3 days with FLAC 16/44, unless I use BT receiver/transmitter mode I do get less battery run-time
1565103106189657539563717320327.jpg
 
Last edited:
     Share This Post       
  • Like
Reactions: Aslshark
post-15107879
Post #29,098 of 43,117

purk

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Sep 26, 2001
Messages
10,200
Reaction score
2,176
Joined
Sep 26, 2001
Posts
10,200
Likes
2,176
Mine is near 3 years old and has done about 2500 hours and no noticable degredation. Gerelmx1986 is approaching 7000 hours and as far as I know have no problem
I notice some degradation on my ZX300 with about 2000 hours on it, not so with my 1Z.
 
     Share This Post       
post-15107936
Post #29,099 of 43,117

kausbose

New Head-Fier
Joined
Apr 7, 2018
Messages
19
Reaction score
17
Location
Dallas, TX
Joined
Apr 7, 2018
Location
Dallas, TX
Posts
19
Likes
17
Exacto no problem, still last like 3 days with FLAC 16/44, unless I use BT receiver/transmitter mode I do get less battery run-time
crap I better be using mine a little bit more. I only have 26 hours. :astonished::astonished::astonished:

IMG_0344.JPG
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 27, Guests: 32)

Top