1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 30, 2016.
  1. gerelmx1986
    Reinstall FW?

2. Giraku
    Or try factory reset.

3. gerelmx1986
    What I consider the pinnacle of 16/44.1
    15317924408841897164722.jpg

4. Whitigir
    I got pinnacle , and I got pineapple . I got pinnacle pineapple. Pineapple pinnacle ! :D I still don’t know how that song is so famous. You may want to buy it in original DSD

5. gerelmx1986
    If only more stores offered DSD downloads... Native dsd has a rather limited catalogue, the promise of qobuz launching dsd downloads this summer, seems like how politicians promise and don't make their commitment

6. gerelmx1986
    Did you drop it and it hit the corner or some near the 4.4mm socket or near the relays part? did you got it wet?

7. Lookout57
    FYI, Amazon for Prime Day has the Sandisk 400GB micro SD card for $140.

rtjoa likes this.
  8. rtjoa
    Crap I just bought 2 for $185 each :triportsad:

Thanks for sharing. It is a steal at $140 :beyersmile:

9. Lavakugel
    Anybody tried out Sennheiser HD6xx with 4.4mm connection? Where did you buy your cable?

10. Redcarmoose
    FBCFF457-1F3B-4035-AD7F-ED588752ACD6.gif

That song has all the charm of a small kitchen disaster.

Whitigir likes this.
  11. tgrosu
    Hello!

I have a Senn HD600, and I have ordered a balanced cable with a 4.4mm termination from CustomCans in UK. Right now, I am waiting for it to be shipped, so no impressions regarding the symbiosis with the headphone.

I'll be reporting, though ASAP.

Aslshark likes this.
  12. Elyfantman
    I use a 2.5mm to 4.4mm adapter cable I got on Amazon. I bought the 2.5mm cable for the HD6xx from another headfier. Sounds great IMO.

13. pietcux
    As I have the HD660S I have the 4.4mm balanced cable on hand. I use it with my HD650 too from my WM1A. It helps a lot to improve the performance of the HD650 from this DAP. It should be availble as spare directly from Sennheiser. Give them a call telling you have the HD660S and the cable is defect.

14. Teppka
    Hello,

I have Oppo PM1 and PM3 and am looking into buying Sony NW-WM1A. Since you also have the whole package pls advise if you are happy with battery life of WM1A and most importantly does it have enough power to drive PM1 and PM3 through none-balanced 3.5mm?

Positive/negatives of Sony NW-WM1A + Oppp PM1/3 coupling?

Thanka

15. nc8000 Contributor
    I am not aware of any dap that can even approach the battery life of these Sony players.

I would expect that they can easily drive the PM3 since that was designed with portable devices in mind.

Quasimodosbelfry likes this.