SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 8, 2018 at 3:48 PM Post #21,482 of 45,723
That's not what Sense Me states, but maybe I should try it this way...

Digital Music PlayerNW-WM1A/WM1Z
Using [SensMe™ Channels]

The [SensMe™ Channels] function automatically groups tracks by theme. You can play tracks to suit your mood, current activity, the time of day, and more.

To use the [SensMe™ Channels] function on the Walkman, tracks must be analyzed by Music Center for PC before you transfer the tracks. To analyze tracks, activate the 12 TONE ANALYSIS function on Music Center for PC. The tracks that are imported to Music Center for PC will be automatically analyzed and the results will be set to the tracks. For details on operation, see the Music Center for PC support website.

Jul 8, 2018 at 7:05 PM Post #21,483 of 45,723
For many of us we started with Media Go, then finally settled simply transferring files to a card, bypassing the software from Sony. Simply placing a file called “Music” on a big card, or a folder on the device called “Music” then adding music files into it, became way faster. It seems the Sony software takes forever.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_Go

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2018 at 7:59 PM Post #21,485 of 45,723
Jason is one of the forum sponsors https://www.head-fi.org/sponsors/thesourceav/.

If you are ever in Southern California you should visit his shop. He has almost every headphone and amp you can think of that you can try.

Jul 8, 2018 at 8:04 PM Post #21,486 of 45,723
Jul 8, 2018 at 8:20 PM Post #21,487 of 45,723
Even a non gold colored z1 is enough to tempt me....
What inside info does he have? Like the area?? You know? What can he know that we can't??

37A5EA2D-04FC-4F67-A53B-5E42320CA211.jpeg

I reckon if he's a significant member of the trade he might have developed a network of "little birds" and be sitting like a "spider" in the middle of his web.

Jul 9, 2018 at 12:13 AM Post #21,493 of 45,723
"... tracks must be analyzed by Music Center for PC".
I can't get "Music Center for PC" to analyze my tracks. The program crashes every time.
Maybe it's because I have some tracks with Chinese characters in their names / metadata?

Jul 9, 2018 at 4:25 AM Post #21,494 of 45,723
Digital Music PlayerNW-WM1A/WM1Z
Using [SensMe™ Channels]

The [SensMe™ Channels] function automatically groups tracks by theme. You can play tracks to suit your mood, current activity, the time of day, and more.

To use the [SensMe™ Channels] function on the Walkman, tracks must be analyzed by Music Center for PC before you transfer the tracks. To analyze tracks, activate the 12 TONE ANALYSIS function on Music Center for PC. The tracks that are imported to Music Center for PC will be automatically analyzed and the results will be set to the tracks. For details on operation, see the Music Center for PC support website.
Ok, thank you. When I installed the Sense Me program on my PC by activiting the option on my WM1Z, it told me it would scan the "music already installed on my player"... But obviously it didn't work.
So I try by erasing the files and beginning by analysing on my laptop.
But it runs since yesterday evening (already 8 hours) and still processing...
I have around 7000 FLAC files, how long should it take ?

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2018 at 4:29 AM Post #21,495 of 45,723
Ok, thank you. When I installed the Sense Me program on my PC by activiting the option on my WM1Z, it told me it would scan the "music already installed on my player"... But obviously it didn't work.
So I try by erasing the files and beginning by analysing on my laptop.
But it runs since yesterday evening (already 8 hours) and still processing...
I have around 7000 FLAC files, how long should it take ?

I don’t know as I don’t use this feature or software. Gerelmx stated earlier that it took over a week for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back