1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 30, 2016.
  1. gerelmx1986
    Sony XBA-Z5 + comply foamies "comfort" series... smooth balanced sound with slight bass bump and slight more micro detailing and soundstage, yay no more itch

AeroSatan and Aslshark like this.
  2. Redcarmoose
    1981E08E-9102-4BB1-86A6-A13ABFAD7833.jpeg Classic Rock performance.

Quasimodosbelfry and Aslshark like this.
  3. Quasimodosbelfry
    Can the WM1A connect to any kind of external storage like an SSD or flash drive?

Have a couple of TB of music and swapping microSD just isn't doing it for me.

gerelmx1986 and Quadfather like this.
  4. Quadfather
    Every now and then, I get on the thread and ask if there is anybody in Chicago or the surrounding suburbs who can let me listen to a Sony NW - WM1Z...

5. Quasimodosbelfry
    I got my WM1A modded at MS. If you're here I'd let you have a listen.

Quadfather likes this.
  6. gerelmx1986
    I have 1.07TB of music and yeah 400GB + 128GB gets me for 4-6 months play time. Like you i want to have ALL on the WM1A :D Currently on the SD card i have arround 800 albums

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    Quasimodosbelfry likes this.
  7. Quadfather
    I am about 20 minutes south Illinois/Wisconsin state line.

8. Quasimodosbelfry
    I'm more than 20hr flight from you.

NaiveSound and Quadfather like this.
  9. Quasimodosbelfry
    IKR? So hard to choose. Just when you think you've got the music you're most likely to listen to, the suddenly you get a craving for another piece that just isn't loaded. Damn.

Hanafuda and gerelmx1986 like this.
  10. Quadfather
    Oh drats! It just figures... LOL

11. Quasimodosbelfry
    Yeah, if you're ever in town...

Isn't there a store or a Sony showroom in Chicago?

Quadfather likes this.
  12. Quadfather
    I have called several Sony website recommended stores, and nobody seems to have the gold Sony. And I meant drats, not frats. LOL

13. Quasimodosbelfry
    Man, that sucks. We do take the easy access we have here in SG for granted. But then I look at HK and Tokyo and I salivate.

Quadfather likes this.
  14. Quadfather
    In the USA, we pretty much have to just rely on headfi reviews. Or order online and send it back if you don't like it which I always feel funny about.

NaiveSound likes this.
  15. gerelmx1986
    I know this, the ear-worm strikes and you try to see if you have that song loaded on the walkman.. Damn nope...

Quasimodosbelfry likes this.