1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 30, 2016.
  1. Hanafuda
    The normalizer doesn't sound like something I want to touch. The 'phase linearizer' is a total mystery to me, but I can't honestly say I dislike the effect. What's the deal with that one?

2. gerelmx1986
    I don't touch any efefct most of the times

alphanumerix1 likes this.
  3. captblaze
    not missing my WA-8 Eclipse as much as I thought I would

20180710_033944835_iOS.jpg

4. choisan
    anyone heard a new model coming this year?

5. nanaholic
    Basically it tries to reproduce the phase response of tube amps.

6. Quasimodosbelfry
    I reckon it's worth playing with. At the end of the day, if you like the "sound" then you like it. No one's forced to listen to what you like.

7. Tawek
    What a synergy 1z ( 1.02 firmware )+ gold-plated copper cable + ex1000 I have no words ... 20180710_121325.jpg

8. tgrosu
    What kind of music do you listen to?

9. Whitigir
    Very nice color matching. Now u need to polish your black housing into gold ! :D

Tawek likes this.
  10. Tawek
    Electronic - ambient (Astronaut Ape , Schiller , Koan ,Enigma, Enya, Blank& Jones , Leon Bolier )
    80's -90's , Pink Floyd ...

11. Quasimodosbelfry
    12FB65BF-9E2D-4554-860D-8774CB31E668.jpeg

Or get one of these. I'd love to see someone speculate how this will change the sound signature. Hahahahaha

Tawek likes this.
  12. Whitigir
    Best way to c0nvert 1A to 1Z :wink:

AeroSatan and Quasimodosbelfry like this.
  13. gerelmx1986
    Next model or not, we shall wait for the IFA 2018 starting on August 31. And no leaks will pop until sony almost makes their press conference at the IFA.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  14. denis1976
    the new model that will be marketed will be called Sony 1Z cheap, this is what the rumors are for, they are for people to sell what they have at a low price:)))

alphanumerix1 likes this.
  15. Sarcasmo
    If it's not a Pentaconn original right angled 4.4mm plug you're after then there are a few third party plugs available from various sellers. Average about 10-12USD per plug.