SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 8, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #21,466 of 45,723
One way of cramming more music into theselimited-storage devices, convert Hi-res tracks to 16/44.1 (while retaining originals)

Jul 8, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #21,467 of 45,723
Can the WM1A connect to any kind of external storage like an SSD or flash drive?

Have a couple of TB of music and swapping microSD just isn't doing it for me.

No, only micro SD

Jul 8, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #21,468 of 45,723
In the USA, we pretty much have to just rely on headfi reviews. Or order online and send it back if you don't like it which I always feel funny about.
Yeah, I've noticed.
Was chatting with a friend about this. The topic was cable rolling.
We can quite easily walk into one of a few diff stores and just try a variety of cables with our preferred iems, get bored and hit another store in another part of town in 15min. In an afternoon you can hit 3 maybe 4 stores and listen till you're totally confused and fatigued.
And along the way you'll bump into people who have a number of diff players you can chat with.
At MS, for instance, it's like a WM1 club, lots of 1As and 1Zs among the regulars. Very eye opening to drop by and get poisoned by cables and other niceties.

Jul 8, 2018 at 12:34 PM Post #21,470 of 45,723
IKR? So hard to choose. Just when you think you've got the music you're most likely to listen to, the suddenly you get a craving for another piece that just isn't loaded. Damn.

Happens to me too. First world problems. There once was a time when we had to get up off the sofa and flip the record just to hear the other half of the album.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #21,474 of 45,723
Sony Walkman 40th anniversary might be the successor of wm1a/1z release.
A poster might be right
Where do you see these rumors? Your Google-fu must be many levels higher than mine. I can't find anything on this Sony 40th Anniversary Walkman.

I reckon it'll be a good excuse to get a new toy.

Jul 8, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #21,475 of 45,723
Hello I am a happy new owner of a WM1Z (still waiting for my balanced cable) :)
I'd like to use Sense Me, but after installing the "Sense Me Setup" software by clicking on this option in the WM1Z menu, I can't get the function to work properly. It scans the about 7000 flac files (plus a few DSD) already on the Sony (with drag and drop), at the beginning slowly, then very fast. But when it's finished, the DAP tells "all the files could not be analysed", and Sense Me Station shows me only a dozen of files...
How should I proceed ?
Could someone get it to work properly with a large amount of FLAC files ?

Thank your for your help :)

Jul 8, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #21,476 of 45,723
I'd like to use Sense Me, but after installing the "Sense Me Setup" software by clicking on this option in the WM1Z menu, I can't get the function to work properly. It scans the about 7000 flac files (plus a few DSD) already on the Sony (with drag and drop), at the beginning slowly, then very fast. But when it's finished, the DAP tells "all the files could not be analysed", and Sense Me Station shows me only a dozen of files...
How should I proceed ?

Never used it. Don't know what it does.
Still enjoy my WM1A though.

Jul 8, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #21,477 of 45,723
Where do you see these rumors? Your Google-fu must be many levels higher than mine. I can't find anything on this Sony 40th Anniversary Walkman.

I reckon it'll be a good excuse to get a new toy.

Nothing has been announced yet, it is pure speculation based only on Sony track record. Jason has mentioned that something is coming but that he can’t talk about it yet

Jul 8, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #21,478 of 45,723
Sony might cook up something for 2019, the 40th anniversary of the Walkman.

However if history repeats itself, usually Sony would go all out during the high noon phase of a product cycle, then they will never top it again as it moves toward the sunset phase. The technology will keep moving but in terms of product grade level it probably has already reached plateau, unless some technological leap happens.

Even a non gold colored z1 is enough to tempt me....

Jul 8, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #21,479 of 45,723
How should I proceed ?

I think the files have to be processed/analyzed by the Sony software on a computer first

Jul 8, 2018 at 3:31 PM Post #21,480 of 45,723
I think the files have to be processed/analyzed by the Sony software on a computer first
That's not what Sense Me said in his message, but maybe I should try it this way...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back