SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 23, 2017 at 7:47 PM Post #17,552 of 45,723
Dec 23, 2017 at 8:05 PM Post #17,554 of 45,723
None of the newer sony's has them except the ZX1, ZX2 and the ZX100 i think has the stickers.

You can buy them direct from Sony Japan for 108 yen inclusive tax, I had my Sony put a new screen and battery in my ZX2, so I asked them, I didn't get any as I have about 15 pieces, but I got a few WM Port caps, 3.5mm caps and 4.4mm caps.

I would like to also thank @AnakChan for all his help in getting three of my cables reterminated to Pentaconn OFC and NON OFC right angle, cost a fortune, but you spend money on holiday.:wink:

[Snip!!]
Glad the cables worked out in the end. Sorry about the troubles initially.

I didn't know you could buy the caps from Sony!? What do you mean directly? Sony Ginza? I asked Sony at one of the e-earphone shows and the staff at the exhibit told me to call Sony support. Good to see I'm learning from folks overseas about Japan even though I'm here :wink:.

Dec 23, 2017 at 8:12 PM Post #17,555 of 45,723
112176v1 benks.jpg

After all fees and postage about $25 Au from taobao via agent to Australia

Dec 23, 2017 at 8:24 PM Post #17,557 of 45,723
Not a big fan of these the caps are quite wide and thin, I feel like I would loose them easily.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried them ?
Only official Sony I could find was the wm cover on Ebay and that was $25 alone

Dec 23, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #17,559 of 45,723
Last edited:
Dec 23, 2017 at 8:56 PM Post #17,560 of 45,723
It's designed for married men :p

Well, I'm married with 18 year old quadruplets, and a 24 year old daughter, and I don't think I will be using a man purse anytime soon.
:darthsmile:

Dec 23, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #17,561 of 45,723
Well, I'm married with 18 year old quadruplets, and a 24 year old daughter, and I don't think I will be using a man purse anytime soon.
:darthsmile:

If you ever look at the pictures from the various audio shows in Japan, you can't miss people carrying Van Nuys belt and shoulder small bags with DAPs and other portable audio gadgets. Perhaps a cultural thing, but these kind of bags are very popular in East Asia. Dignis was smart to design a shoulder bag for a DAP that weight 460g and not easy to carry in your pocket. The bag itself fits WM1Z/1A with your Dignis case (or you can get a set with this bag and a matching color Dignis case, where the case is half the price of a regular MIDAS case). The WM1 w/Dignis case are very easy to take out of this bag, the charging port is open so you don't have to take it out to charge or to transfer files, and all the control buttons are imprinted on the side of the bag and perfectly aligned with imprinted buttons on the side of the Dignis case. So, you can control WM1 through a bag and a case without a problem. Plus, the flip magnetic cover has a recessed pockets for 4 uSD cards.

Here in US on East Coast you probably going to get a sh!t kicked out of you by walking around with a case like this over your shoulder, but I'm seriously considering taking it with me to CanJam NYC, the only place where it's accepted :wink: ... btw, writing this as my wife and my pre-teen daughter are laughing at me lol!!!

Besides, like nobody have seen this before :)

the-man-purse-fashion-trend.jpg

Dec 23, 2017 at 9:29 PM Post #17,562 of 45,723
If you ever look at the pictures from the various audio shows in Japan, you can't miss people carrying Van Nuys belt and shoulder small bags with DAPs and other portable audio gadgets. Perhaps a cultural thing, but these kind of bags are very popular in East Asia. Dignis was smart to design a shoulder bag for a DAP that weight 460g and not easy to carry in your pocket. The bag itself fits WM1Z/1A with your Dignis case (or you can get a set with this bag and a matching color Dignis case, where the case is half the price of a regular MIDAS case). The WM1 w/Dignis case are very easy to take out of this bag, the charging port is open so you don't have to take it out to charge or to transfer files, and all the control buttons are imprinted on the side of the bag and perfectly aligned with imprinted buttons on the side of the Dignis case. So, you can control WM1 through a bag and a case without a problem. Plus, the flip magnetic cover has a recessed pockets for 4 uSD cards.

Here in US on East Coast you probably going to get a sh!t kicked out of you by walking around with a case like this over your shoulder, but I'm seriously considering taking it with me to CanJam NYC, the only place where it's accepted :wink: ... btw, writing this as my wife and my pre-teen daughter are laughing at me lol!!!

Besides, like nobody have seen this before :)

I like using shirts with the zipper pockets and I like using pants with a belt that have really sturdy Pockets without rivets. I will probably use the 1Z, whenever I get it, at home only and the NW-WM1A out on the road.

Dec 23, 2017 at 10:03 PM Post #17,564 of 45,723
Not a big fan of these the caps are quite wide and thin, I feel like I would loose them easily.

Have you tried them ?
Only official Sony I could find was the wm cover on Ebay and that was $25 alone[/QUOTE]

Yes, almost year ago, like a said very flimsy.
since I use only the 4.4mm plug I bought some 3.5 mm dust plugs from amazon, made of hard plastic, the cap is smaller and impossible to loose them.

IMG_4246.jpg
IMG_4248.jpg
IMG_4247.jpg

Dec 23, 2017 at 10:24 PM Post #17,565 of 45,723
After hours of trying to get a cover displayed I quit.

Downloaded GIMP. Very simple. Open cover. Export cover. Save as .jpg. Disable save as progressive but it still don't work as no cover is showed on WM1a.

Don't give up just yet. I tried GIMP (for Windows) and finally got it to work (after not working initially). If you haven't tried this, here were the steps that worked for me.

1) From GIMP main menu, select File, then Open
2) Find the .JPG artwork and Open
3) From GIMIP main menu, select File, then Export As
4) Select the .JPG artwork file (same as in Step 2), and click Export
5) Click Replace in the dialog box
6) Click the "Advanced Options" drop down box
7) Uncheck "Progressive" box
8) Click "Export"

That's it!

Before I tried the above, I was trying to "Save As" and that didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back