SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Jan 22, 2023 at 11:07 AM Post #9,736 of 15,736
Anker is supposed to be well made and has various independent safety certifications

Jan 22, 2023 at 2:31 PM Post #9,739 of 15,736
Anker is supposed to be well made and has various independent safety certifications
Yes, it is a brand that is very reputable for its excellent customer and warranty periods as well. However in recent years, especially for their GanPrime series, the prices have soared considerably. Also after how they handled the privacy controversy surrounding their Eufy brand, I myself do start to have doubts about Anker moving forward, however their power banks and cables do remain an excellent choice.

For those looking for an excellent value for money alternative, I would recommend to try Xiaomi and its offshoot premium ZMI brand. From what I can observe from the various tear down and countless electrical measurements done on their various products, I would be in the opinion that their products in general have very good engineering design and good choice of safety and filtering capabilities, I would believe they are as good as Anker, if not better for quality of their internal components and safety design considerations. Their ZMI no. 20 powerbank is using high quality battery cells with good cooling design to allow it to have up to 210W(according to them) total output.

The higher end Apple Usb-C Gan chargers seems very well built and designed but it is also very expensive piece of power supply. But you do get what you paid for. They obviously charges the MacBook full faster than Anker or other brands but that’s likely due to Apple eco system at play. But do take extra note that a lot of these fake Apple chargers do exist in the wild, so do buy from Apple Store or reputable stores.

Also you can’t go wrong with choosing to use Sony usb-pd chargers, especially if one day you have to send your Walkman during warranty period for battery or some other power related problems, there is no way for any of the Sony repair people to smoke you or place a theory that the problem you faced is due to your usage of a non-compliant charging equipment. How can Sony’s own usb-pd charger(if it is a not faked one) design causes issue or introduce damage to the Walkman.

The other brand that seems highly recommended by a group of internet users is the Ugreen brand. From what I can observe is that they seem to have very low ripple output as well. It is worth a look at this brand for cost effective solutions.

The other brand that I also considered is be excellent is Belkin, they do seems very well engineered and it’s on par with Anker for brand recognition. They are pricey too.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2023 at 2:42 PM Post #9,740 of 15,736
Struggling to find a WM1AM2 to buy for the UK (I want to buy a non EU model).

Amazon Japan doesn't have any new ones

E.earphone/buyee doesn't work as the item doesn't qualify for overseas shipping

Npaudio charges much more than the other two.

What are my options here? Any other import route? Looking for brand new.

Jan 22, 2023 at 2:51 PM Post #9,741 of 15,736

You can try accessoryjack.com for a HK unit but price is a bit higher

Jan 22, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #9,742 of 15,736

I bought my NW-WM1AM2 from E-earphone to UK. You use Tenso or another proxy fowarder. See my instructions:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sony-nw-wm1z-m2-wm1a-m2.962054/post-17088994

Jan 22, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #9,744 of 15,736

I used Npaudio on eBay and paid retail, so £1299. Brand new all still seal.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2023 at 3:35 PM Post #9,745 of 15,736
https://www.npaudio.uk/homepage/sony-nw-wm1am2-uncapped-version-stock-on-the-way

https://www.npaudio.uk/homepage/sony-nw-wm1am2-uncapped-version-stock-on-the-way

Jan 22, 2023 at 3:44 PM Post #9,746 of 15,736
Npaudio eBay account, both sold at retail, top one was me. So I would check when he has them back in stock.

Screenshot 2023-01-22 at 20.43.13.png

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2023 at 6:19 PM Post #9,748 of 15,736
Is anybody using the WM1AM2 with Hd800s's or Aryas stealths? I currently own a EU capped WM1AM2 and I'm considering buying an uncapped version. I believe that it should be fine with the Hd800s, as I currently listen to them at a level of about 0.3Vrms. I wondered about the Arya Stealth though as I just ordered a set but haven't received them yet.

Jan 22, 2023 at 7:10 PM Post #9,749 of 15,736
Is anybody using the WM1AM2 with Hd800s's or Aryas stealths? I currently own a EU capped WM1AM2 and I'm considering buying an uncapped version. I believe that it should be fine with the Hd800s, as I currently listen to them at a level of about 0.3Vrms. I wondered about the Arya Stealth though as I just ordered a set but haven't received them yet.
I have the Arya V2. I need to max out the high gain on my Jap 1AM2,but it still feels a bit thin. The stealth versions are a bit more efficient but i don't think it would be a good pairing due to low power of the Walkman.

Jan 22, 2023 at 7:19 PM Post #9,750 of 15,736
I’ve seen some posts and know some of you have Cayin C9, but very little about how it adds/doesn’t add to the signature? It’s on my list. I am getting it, but I am also going to get z1r and 2 more IEMs, so I am trying to prioritize lol.

So anyone that has both the z1r and C9 that would be awesome could comment… on what makes the biggest impact. I have u12t for listening now and it’s splendid…

So not in a hurry.
for home, get the C9 amp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back