SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Nov 5, 2022 at 12:52 PM Post #7,246 of 15,648
Last edited:
Nov 5, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #7,248 of 15,648
Great album ,big immersive sound 20221105_171350.jpg

Nov 5, 2022 at 1:50 PM Post #7,250 of 15,648
All this talk about SD cards is possibly going a little off topic for this thread, does anyone else agree?
I say this not in a negative way, but it'd be best to have a dedicated thread for SD card discussion. Not only because it's a bit annoying for some to re-read an old discussion in a thread where we are wanting product-specific info, but also because some users who never come to this thread might actually benefit from/enjoy the SD card discussion.

Nov 5, 2022 at 1:51 PM Post #7,251 of 15,648
we are coming close to it. but this time and so far, we have some harmony here. but indeed, you are right.

bottom line so far: good microsd cards improve our baby m1 / m2 i wanted to know where to get the i400 with 1tb (MTSD1T0ANC8MS-1WT) in europe.
Wrong, I don't believe it improves it at all and my own ears tell me so, having tried a few when certain individuals intitially brought this up way back.

But if it makes the buyer feel good then no problem, and some may have super human hearing above me anyway.

I feel sorry for those individuals and their wallets! 🙂

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2022 at 2:05 PM Post #7,252 of 15,648
Here is a paper that studying, researching, and developing errors in digital amplifications

Yes, it happens and will effect both Timing, and amplitude of a sound waves. Because the binary info is going to be a DC pulse!

what that means is that Timing = phase = sound stage (degradations)

Amplitude = power = Dynamic range

I continuously study, research, and learn about this hobby. I love it so much that I keep on learning, especially when something is observable to my ears, and MicroSD Do effect the sound performances. I am posting about a few technical reasons for it. All of what I posted is a results that happened after I observed the differences between Micron and Edge….etc…. The world revolves around enthusiasms, because the enthusiasts keep striving for innovations, and keep on studying. If I can, then all of you can as well

9B2ACEB7-6657-465A-97CB-8AD4AF9ABFC2.jpeg
@psikey
but science shows: not wrong, just right. hence, i would give it a try.

however, @feverfive has made a point i appreciate.

so.... back to topic for all of us i would say.

Nov 5, 2022 at 2:11 PM Post #7,253 of 15,648
I see it all being relatives! We don’t listen to music out of WM1A or Z and out of air. So we need a MicroSD. Then, when some people asked about it, we just post about it because it is all relative. It may help some, and may not to others. It isn’t like we are talking about Walkman here, but discussing about a cassette tape.

If you don’t agree with the posts, just ignore it and move on. Asking for others to stop helping some others because you don’t like their posts is a little too much

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2022 at 2:34 PM Post #7,254 of 15,648
Well let’s just go back to posting stylistic instagram photos of our Walkman without any words or any opinions. It will stay “on topic” I suppose.

Maybe that’s what everyone want out of this discussion thread? A picture forum.

Nov 5, 2022 at 2:55 PM Post #7,255 of 15,648
Well let’s just go back to posting stylistic instagram photos of our Walkman without any words or any opinions. It will stay “on topic” I suppose.

Maybe that’s what everyone want out of this discussion thread? A picture forum.
Look at the bright side.
The Sony DAPs are near perfect, so the lack of "issue" topics/threads is a positive sign. Anyway, I prefer these Instagram posts of Walkman pictures or accessories instead of empty/meaningless SD card discussions.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2022 at 2:55 PM Post #7,256 of 15,648
@Whitigir

These YouTube commenters are mocking Sony for using gold solder in the M2 Walkman and cannot accept Sony’s marketing for claiming that gold provides wider soundstage.

1C7FCD24-3B0F-4E2B-AB9B-0063233D05BD.jpeg

77F3B02B-778A-492B-961B-8F181D3C74CB.jpeg

6EBF6494-A23E-49B2-8341-9B0DE60C6C0D.jpeg

I guess these educated/professional YouTube commenters really needs to learn to keep an open mind.

The worst part of being educated is not able to accept what you have learnt is not always correct/true/applicable in every context and there are new or undiscovered exceptions even in scientific laws like in the case of atomic behavior in newton physics vs quantum physics.

In my opinion. It’s better to keep your mind open to new idea/concepts and dive deeper into the subject and gather more information and draw conclusions thereafter rather than to immediately outright reject anything that falls out of your logic or current knowledge of the subject.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2022 at 2:57 PM Post #7,257 of 15,648
Look at the bright side.
The Sony DAPs are near perfect, so the lack of "issue" topics/threads is a positive sign. Anyway, I prefer these Instagram posts of Walkman or accessories instead of empty/meaningless SD card discussions.
Meaningless for you doesn’t mean it is meaningless to others. People require new recommendations for microsd cards which is an important functional accessory to the Walkman.

Nov 5, 2022 at 4:07 PM Post #7,258 of 15,648
Last edited:
Nov 5, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #7,259 of 15,648
The Micron 1.5tb Micro SD card is $601.78 Canadian dollars and I quote " which is an important functional accessory to the Walkman."
Hopefully sometime soon In My Personal Walkman maybe 3/12/22 but I prefer the max 2tb Sd card if and when they ever come to life ,
https://canada.newark.com/micron/mt...u3-class-10/dp/48AK5387?ost=mtsd1t5anc8ms-1wt
my question is, are you really able to fill up the entire 1.5TB card with your music collection?

I am also not sure about the Walkman Music app performance when loading and displaying 1.5TB worth of music... It might be very slow or might just crash(if all 1.5tb are lossy)?

Nov 5, 2022 at 4:29 PM Post #7,260 of 15,648
my question is, are you really able to fill up the entire 1.5TB card with your music collection?

I am also not sure about the Walkman Music app performance when loading and displaying 1.5TB worth of music... It might be very slow or might just crash(if all 1.5tb are lossy)?
Yes I can fill the 1.5 TB card with music , i have 4 Walkmans all have 1TB cards, no crash so far on any , mixture of FLAC 70% and MP3 the only slow loading is Cover Art on All 4 Walkmans my A17, A55 and 105 are 99% full of music my WM1A M2 is 50% with 1tb card cover art is slow to load , no other issues with 1TB Cards my music collection is in many languages , 70% FLAC , Depending on my schedule I use all 4 of my Walkman's FM Radio to sometimes i Use Radio Garden on the M2 as it has no FM Radio
http://radio.garden/visit/toronto/vqzAr1BQ " Music Universal Language "

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back