SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Jun 4, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #4,757 of 15,516
Any ideas what’s going on with the preorders for 1a/1z ? Like did the release been pushed for later?
I thought we would have full purchase access by now in usa and canada.
BayBloor Radio authorized Sony distributor In Toronto told me August or September for the new Walkman's authorized Sony distributor in Montreal is Excellent Photo , "excellentphoto.ca" I bought one from Japan ,

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2022 at 3:47 PM Post #4,758 of 15,516
Has anyone had a chance to compare the WM1AM2 vs the WM1A? I'm trying to decide whether I should buy a used WM1A instead. I have some concern about the battery on Android players (longer term).

I have both, with 1A currently having Mr. Walkman's firmware. I personally love the AM2 more and battery life, i find AM2 slightly better but I don't stream etc so that's with Wifi off. Bluetooth is on for the remote use.

1A in itself isn't bad and if you can find it at a reasonable price, I would still get it if I didn't have one

Jun 4, 2022 at 5:22 PM Post #4,759 of 15,516
I have both, with 1A currently having Mr. Walkman's firmware. I personally love the AM2 more and battery life, i find AM2 slightly better but I don't stream etc so that's with Wifi off. Bluetooth is on for the remote use.

1A in itself isn't bad and if you can find it at a reasonable price, I would still get it if I didn't have one
may i ask what remote do you use?

Jun 4, 2022 at 5:34 PM Post #4,760 of 15,516
RMT-NWS20
may i ask what remote do you use?
RMT-NWS20 but these are hard to find now at a reasonable price, dont know why but these really price surged. I haven't tried it but i heard people say good things about (The YuYue one, ignore APEKX)
1654378448740.png

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2022 at 1:00 AM Post #4,764 of 15,516
ohhh i like the clip on the apekx one. why does it have 3.5mm jack though..
it looks like it's also a bluetooth receiver, appears this remote is mainly used for people who are exercising outside in mind. Keep in mind, I never used either remote and I found it on random web surfing (not this page), don't even know if it works properly...however, judging by the first one (the left), I think it's best to ignore this one since I believe audio will go through it...I will edit my first post

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2022 at 4:19 AM Post #4,767 of 15,516
Another review on Amazon UK moaning about the low output volume and two stars. What is wrong with people, surely everyone spending > £1000 on a DAP knows about the volume cap now. Either import from another region or buy another DAP.

I can't even order one no stock in UK. I know it will be perfect for my use, these Somoaners sound so ungrateful at least they got to actually own this awesome DAP.

Jun 5, 2022 at 4:23 AM Post #4,768 of 15,516
What is wrong with people, surely everyone spending > £1000 on a DAP knows about the volume cap now.

Why is Sony not specifying this directly, something like "Units bought in Europe will have a decreased volume output"? As far as I know, they only specify on their help menu that the high gain option may not be present, which is not all of it.

Jun 5, 2022 at 4:31 AM Post #4,769 of 15,516
Another review on Amazon UK moaning about the low output volume and two stars. What is wrong with people, surely everyone spending > £1000 on a DAP knows about the volume cap now. Either import from another region or buy another DAP.

I can't even order one no stock in UK. I know it will be perfect for my use, these Somoaners sound so ungrateful at least they got to actually own this awesome DAP.
Why is Sony not specifying this directly, something like "Units bought in Europe will have a decreased volume output"? As far as I know, they only specify on their help menu that the high gain option may not be present, which is not all of it.
Both valid points. Sony obviously doesn't want to hurt sales, but you can't have your cake and eat it too. I would actually say it's false advertising to sell these DAPs in the EU and UK without a warning label, but at the same time, buyer beware!

Jun 5, 2022 at 4:31 AM Post #4,770 of 15,516
Why specify it though, it is what it is, in Europe for European buyers its meeting the EU requirements in the best way Sony can.

I'm sure there are plenty of other things that are legal to buy in other parts of the world but disabled for in products for sale in the EU. I don't think those manufacturers disclose these "capped" features to EU buyers either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back