SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Jun 5, 2022 at 9:45 AM Post #4,786 of 15,589
Maybe, but why mention the same output power like on non-capped players, for example?

Also, omitting facts sounds like false advertising to me. You think you buy something, based on any mention that you can find in Sony's specs/manual, but you end up buying less. I think people should be made aware about that, otherwise it's like fooling them. Maybe some people wouldn't buy the players if they'd know that they're capped. Let the people choose.

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/walkman/nw-wm1am2/specifications
Your wasting your breath in here. Some of us like Sony products but some are just total Sony fanboys.

Still waiting on Amazon Japan stock 🙂

Jun 5, 2022 at 11:19 AM Post #4,787 of 15,589
Made me laugh 😃

Better go kiss the Sony 💍

Maybe you would be happy with a Ferarri thats limited to 50mph ? And paying more for it too!
The Sony is fine with IEM's though isn't it, Why don't the reviewers say that then? I will be using mine with IEM's when out and about because isn't that really the indented use rather than on a desk with the most power hungry headphones?

I'm not sure if the Ferrari is top speed limited but a lot of road cars are limited though to protect owners from their own stupidity. Comparing a car's speed to the Sony's output limit is actually a good analogy in that regard. :)

Jun 5, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #4,789 of 15,589
Interested to know if someone has tried a USB-C microphone (like the Zoom AM7) on either of the M2s.

I tried the Boya BY-DM100 on the ZX507 and it didn't work (though the internal ZX507 mic did). I assume that the M2s also have an internal mic.

Background, I have one of the Zoom iOS mics and it makes great .wav concert recordings...
Success (on the 507), using “Lesser AudioSwitch” and selecting USB DAC input. Got the Zoom (Japan) AM7 arriving this week (as the Boya isn’t in the same league).
Note: Developer mentions not compatible with Android 11 & higher

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2022 at 4:12 PM Post #4,792 of 15,589
Made me laugh 😃

Better go kiss the Sony 💍

Maybe you would be happy with a Ferarri thats limited to 50mph ? And paying more for it too!
I personally hope they start limiting speed of cars. There's too many stupid accidents because stupid people do stupid crap with cars. If you want to drive fast, go to a race track, it doesn't belong on public streets.

add: yes, i realize even 50mph is deadly. but there's no need to drive like 80mph+ on public street / high ways. 100mph+ doesn't belong anywhere but race tracks / controlled events, etc.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2022 at 5:07 PM Post #4,794 of 15,589
False advertising? :thinking: How following a mandatory regulation can be considered false advertising?
They say they have 200mW

They don't in europe. It's false advertising. They advertise the player with an feature that doesn't exist

The new M2 are even advertised with High gain

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2022 at 5:26 PM Post #4,795 of 15,589
Jun 5, 2022 at 6:37 PM Post #4,797 of 15,589
They say they have 200mW

They don't in europe. It's false advertising. They advertise the player with an feature that doesn't exist

The new M2 are even advertised with High gain
Solution is simple, look elsewhere or import, EU isn't going to budge. Similar to big bikes & cars the capacity is there, however deliberately restricted, so Sony advertises as such. Safety limits make sense, equally they should be; advisory & educational not mandatory. A&K does a good job of this.

Q-6

Jun 5, 2022 at 8:09 PM Post #4,798 of 15,589
regardless, is this regulation also a law? if it is a law, then companies aren't responsible for writing it out as much as they should. it's like age restricted items not having age warning or in out-of-ordinary cases, to not use a jumprope to beat someone like a whip.

basically it's each person's responsibility to know their own country and municipal codes, not the company to remind / tell everyone of xyz. Ideally, if they had something close to a Surgeon General message, it would be ideal, but it's also not, again, their responsibility.

Jun 6, 2022 at 1:06 AM Post #4,799 of 15,589
Solution is simple, look elsewhere or import, EU isn't going to budge.
I think that with M2s many people would bite the bullet and would import it from a non-EU member country. However why the hell should they be punished for purchasing a non-capped model outside of EU on top of that by the fact that in a warranty case they have to export the DAP back to the country of purchase and pay extra for the international delivery there and back to the country of their residence?

It is like a Catch 22.
If one wants a non-capped DAP, one has to import it outside of EU.
If one imports it outside of EU, one encounters unnecessary difficulties when having to send the DAP for a repair in a warranty case.
If one does not want to encounter these unnecessary difficulties, one should buy the DAP in its country of residence.
If one buys the DAP in its country of residence and it is by chance an EU member state or UK, one has a capped DAP which is exactly the case one intended to avoid.:scream:

I wonder if SONY really does not care or it is under its distinguishing capabilities.

If SONY were wise enough, they would sell at least the ZM2 with 1Y international warranty and would make an option of purchasing warranty extension possible.

They do everything possible to upset their loyal DAP buyers instead.

Jun 6, 2022 at 2:03 AM Post #4,800 of 15,589
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back