SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
May 23, 2022 at 8:36 PM Post #4,531 of 15,736
For WM1ZM2, I'm curious about something different, and think Dignis Midas II "Khaki" stands out. Green/olive and gold is a nice combo.
I don't think you can see the gold colour with this case? The case seems to wrap the whole body (except a tiny gap on top/bottom for usb and jacks)

Last edited:
May 24, 2022 at 1:46 AM Post #4,534 of 15,736
Slightly random question, but can the new models do USB out and be used as a digital source? I know the old models could, but I don't see any mention of it in the promotional pages for the new models or in their online manuals?

May 24, 2022 at 8:21 AM Post #4,536 of 15,736
Slightly random question, but can the new models do USB out and be used as a digital source? I know the old models could, but I don't see any mention of it in the promotional pages for the new models or in their online manuals?
Yeah, of course it does. Pairing perfect with my H2.

ADAA3F8B-B90B-49A5-8E35-193CDE338CC1.jpeg

May 24, 2022 at 11:04 AM Post #4,538 of 15,736
Anyone knows whether the new walkmans can be paired with any remote controller?
It works with the original wm1 Sony Bluetooth remote.

I also connected the 1ZM2 with a Logitech Bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

Media keys work exactly as you think. My assumption is since it's Android any android remote would work.

Looking forward to trying out the new pixel watch when they come out.

May 24, 2022 at 10:12 PM Post #4,541 of 15,736
It works with the original wm1 Sony Bluetooth remote.

I also connected the 1ZM2 with a Logitech Bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

Media keys work exactly as you think. My assumption is since it's Android any android remote would work.

Looking forward to trying out the new pixel watch when they come out.

Thanks

Anyone knows whether there are any LED display remote on market currently?
I’m using SBH52.. it can do all the following except volume up / down

May 25, 2022 at 1:02 AM Post #4,542 of 15,736
Last edited:
May 25, 2022 at 3:23 AM Post #4,543 of 15,736
Someone postet measurements here that looked pretty bad/average.

I just noticed, that this guys measured the WM1ZM2 in the worst case scenario (120/120 Volume on High-Gain).

It is important to notice that, if you lower the volume, you increase the quality by a _lot_.

Unlike with analog amps where you decrease the sound quality when you lower the volume

The measurments at realistic listening volumes looks very different.

Also he failed to measure the difference between input and output signal. In general, analog amps modify the input signal much more than digital amps do (which causes the often called "Soft" Sound of Analog amps).

So if he would have done measurements at realistic listening levels, the measurements would have looked significantly better.

The measurements are not wrong. If you are listening at 100% Volume High Gain, an Digital Amp performs worse than an analog amp. But this is an unrealistic scenario.

Last edited:
May 25, 2022 at 3:28 AM Post #4,544 of 15,736
Someone postet measurements here that looked pretty bad/average.

I just noticed, that this guys measured the WM1ZM2 in the worst case scenario (120/120 Volume on High-Gain).

It is important to notice that, if you lower the volume, you increase the quality by a _lot_.

Unlike with analog amps where you decrease the sound quality when you lower the volume

The measurments at realistic listening volumes looks very different.

Also he failed to measure the difference between input and output signal. In general, analog amps modify the input signal much more than digital amps to (which causes the often called "Soft" Sound of Analog amps).

So if he would have done measurements at realistic listening levels, the measurements would have looked significantly better.

The measurements are not wrong. If you are listening at 100% Volume High Gain, an Digital Amp performs worse than an analog amp. But this is an unrealistic scenario.
To which I always say, measure less, listen more. And stay away from ASR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back