SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
May 23, 2022 at 9:17 AM Post #4,517 of 15,987
May 23, 2022 at 9:23 AM Post #4,518 of 15,987
TPU case all the way to show off that gold. 😎

D08FB8A3-EA65-406F-94F1-9C2689F49940.jpg

May 23, 2022 at 12:03 PM Post #4,521 of 15,987
I do not understand why most dap case are made of leather, it so old fashion, like for old grandpa.

To be fair, leather looks good on the WM1 series (Mk1/Mk2). I had a Miter case before that I heavily used until it developed a crack on the edge. I also feel that they offer better bump protection (compared to clear hard silicone cases). Then again, YMMV :smile:

I still don't get why anyone would hide their gold Walkman behind leather. Why buy the gold Walkman? Just my 0.02.

If I have a gold walkman I'd be getting a clear silicone case to show off the bling hahaha my only concern is bump/shock protection though, as most DAP silicone cases don't offer the same protection as smartphone cases.

May 23, 2022 at 12:16 PM Post #4,522 of 15,987
To be fair, leather looks good on the WM1 series (Mk1/Mk2). I had a Miter case before that I heavily used until it developed a crack on the edge. I also feel that they offer better bump protection (compared to clear hard silicone cases). Then again, YMMV :smile:

If I have a gold walkman I'd be getting a clear silicone case to show off the bling hahaha my only concern is bump/shock protection though, as most DAP silicone cases don't offer the same protection as smartphone cases.
I am waiting for a nice rubber case to come out soon .. currently i only see 1 type on alixpress. Still pain looking and chunky.

Meanwhile order a clear case to use, hopefully i dun drop the player.

May 23, 2022 at 12:36 PM Post #4,523 of 15,987

In theory, silicone TPU case will have a better shock absorption than a leather. In my experience with other silicone cases, they get discolored after a while and stiffer around the buttons to push in. But at the end of the day, all comes down to a personal preference.

I have used stock, smokey TPU, and both Dignis cases (including "walkman") with WM1Z, and ended up sticking with Dignis brown leather case with a wrist-strap I use to this day.

sony_wm1z-13.jpg sony_wm1z-15.jpg sony_wm1z-16.jpg sony_wm1z-17.jpg

For WM1ZM2, I'm curious about something different, and think Dignis Midas II "Khaki" stands out. Green/olive and gold is a nice combo.

1653323562823.png

May 23, 2022 at 1:12 PM Post #4,524 of 15,987
In theory, silicone TPU case will have a better shock absorption than a leather. In my experience with other silicone cases, they get discolored after a while and stiffer around the buttons to push in. But at the end of the day, all comes down to a personal preference.

I have used stock, smokey TPU, and both Dignis cases (including "walkman") with WM1Z, and ended up sticking with Dignis brown leather case with a wrist-strap I use to this day.

For WM1ZM2, I'm curious about something different, and think Dignis Midas II "Khaki" stands out. Green/olive and gold is a nice combo.

1653323562823.png
I agree, KHAKI is dope (y)

May 23, 2022 at 4:34 PM Post #4,527 of 15,987
May 23, 2022 at 4:50 PM Post #4,528 of 15,987

Unlike those thin smartphone TPU cases, the smoky clear TPU I have on my M1 gold is thicker, with clear indents for the buttons, and excellent all round protection. That said I never carry the 1Z outdoors, or in a pocket or bag, and it's always handled like fine China when not set on a desk. This is a $3000+ music player, not a plaything, so I'm ultra careful with it, always. The case is just one extra layer of insurance.

May 23, 2022 at 5:07 PM Post #4,529 of 15,987
Hello, I'm looking for a DAP for u12t, a lot for traveling and I can't choose. Couldn't any of the experienced advise me? I'm interested in your opinion. Now I'm thinking about NW-WM1AM2 or dx320 or the previous NW-WM1A… Thank you

May 23, 2022 at 8:04 PM Post #4,530 of 15,987

1653323562823.png
Personally, I don't like the design of the back side. The shape just looks weird.
I ended up making regular rectangular shape for mine case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back