SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
May 5, 2022 at 8:46 AM Post #3,721 of 15,779
Have you tried and compare these 2 choices?
Tidal sounds better streaming through UAPP compared to Tidal App IMO, even with 32/192 Hi mode selected, not massively so.

Note the Android app for Amazon Music seems to pad up to 24/192 even on DAP's that bypass Android audio. I'm currently using a Hiby R5G2 that bypasses Android but a Track who's source is 24/96 for example is still output from the App at 24/192 (according to the Hiby).

Last edited:
May 5, 2022 at 9:07 AM Post #3,722 of 15,779
EU volume regulation applies to DAP but not to BT devices, Sony is only following the EU rules.
Reach out to your congressman and ask him to change the law :k701smile:
Since UK ditched the EU, do their units have volume caps?

May 5, 2022 at 9:10 AM Post #3,723 of 15,779
May 5, 2022 at 9:11 AM Post #3,724 of 15,779
Yes, they do.
I would never buy a capped unit under any circumstances. Thankfully, the nanny state in the USA hasn't tackled this vitally important issue yet. **massive sarcasm**

Last edited:
May 5, 2022 at 9:18 AM Post #3,726 of 15,779
May 5, 2022 at 9:19 AM Post #3,727 of 15,779
Guys, check out this….. lol

let us wait for the next big event soon. it seems to be like a fake so far. we had this issue about this particular device a couple of days ago.

@Quadfather
exactly, i absolutely do not want to mix that up! focusing 99% of your mental energy on facebook, tik tok, twitter and newsletters, while having 1% left for your ears... not a good combo.

Last edited:
May 5, 2022 at 9:30 AM Post #3,728 of 15,779
Since UK ditched the EU, do their units have volume caps?
As of yet they do since on Brexit day all EU legislation automatically passed on to become UK legislation. UK then has the option to ditch EU legislation and/or replace it by UK legislation (all within the limits of the withdrawel agreement). So far not much if any EU legislation has been ditched or modified.

May 5, 2022 at 9:32 AM Post #3,729 of 15,779
As of yet they do since on Brexit day all EU legislation automatically passed on to become UK legislation. UK then has the option to ditch EU legislation and/or replace it by UK legislation (all within the limits of the withdrawel agreement). So far not much if any EU legislation has been ditched or modified.
I honestly cannot believe volume caps are a thing.

May 5, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #3,730 of 15,779
I honestly cannot believe volume caps are a thing.
They are and I would expect them to be very, very low on the list of things UK ditch

May 5, 2022 at 9:41 AM Post #3,731 of 15,779
They are and I would expect them to be very, very low on the list of things UK ditch
I honestly break laws that I think are ridiculous.

May 5, 2022 at 9:51 AM Post #3,733 of 15,779
GO FOR ANARCHY!!!
I follow laws that are rational and sound. Volume caps I would break every time. I do not speed because it makes me a more dangerous driver. It is a rational law. I think laws definitely are necessary and have their place but bad laws have no place. Anarchy is an unsustainable mess.

Last edited:
May 5, 2022 at 9:55 AM Post #3,734 of 15,779
Well, eventually you will go deaf. We are all going down the same road. It is just a matter of how and what would happens doing that journey. IMO, if EU really cared about people ears, then they should have made everything more tolerable for city life. Like controlling each construction hammer to be only hammering at a certain force and can not exceed it. Because the bystanders will ruin their ears…..and rails road can not exceed a certain amount of Db …. Same as vehicles/Jet engines and inside the cabin noises …. Also ban people from raising their voices when it exceed a certain Db in public places, like having an SPL meters that automatically goes off once it detect a certain noises that is exceeding it, start enforcing and handing out tickets for those who screams…. Etc

Well, if they can’t regulate that, then they should know that their laws for volume caps on only Walkman is stupid … wait, I meant for portable players

Matter of facts, human go deaf every days, and modern human has it accelerated due to the environment noises pollutants rather than from IPod or Walkman

Last edited:
May 5, 2022 at 9:58 AM Post #3,735 of 15,779
let us wait for the next big event soon. it seems to be like a fake so far. we had this issue about this particular device a couple of days ago.

@Quadfather
exactly, i absolutely do not want to mix that up! focusing 99% of your mental energy on facebook, tik tok, twitter and newsletters, while having 1% left for your ears... not a good combo.
I cannot explain why volume caps irritate me so much.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back