SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
May 5, 2022 at 9:58 AM Post #3,736 of 15,757
I follow laws that are rational and sound. Volume caps I would break every time. I do not speed because it makes you a more dangerous driver. It is a rational law. I think laws definitely are necessary and have their place but bad laws have no place. Anarchy is a unsustainable mess.

https://www.cdc.gov/nceh/hearing_loss/what_noises_cause_hearing_loss.html

Untitled.png

May 5, 2022 at 9:59 AM Post #3,737 of 15,757
Well, eventually you will go deaf. We are all going down the same road. It is just a matter of how and what would happens doing that journey. IMO, if EU really cared about people ears, then they should have made everything more tolerable for city life. Like controlling each construction hammer to be only hammering at a certain force and can not exceed it. Because the bystanders will ruin their ears…..and rails road can not exceed a certain amount of Db …. Same as vehicles/Jet engines and inside the cabin noises …. Also ban people from raising their voices when it exceed a certain Db in public places, like having an SPL meters that automatically goes off once it detect a certain noises that is exceeding it, start enforcing and handing out tickets for those who screams…. Etc

Well, if they can’t regulate that, then they should know that their laws for volume caps on only Walkman is stupid … wait, I meant for portable players
I listen at low to moderate levels and still have pretty good hearing, thank God.

May 5, 2022 at 10:00 AM Post #3,738 of 15,757
May 5, 2022 at 10:08 AM Post #3,740 of 15,757
I cannot explain why volume camps irritate me so much.
Its only EU compliant Sony DAP's its ever an issue with (maybe South Korea too I think).

And what Sony are doing in this case is a nonsense as they have no idea what your driving and break their own amp spec.

When my SE846's need to be at 90/120 on balanced you know something is badly wrong.

My Hiby R5G2 on balanced and low gain drives them at 28/100 for same perceived volume. (A Japanese ZX507 would be 45/120).

Last edited:
May 5, 2022 at 10:42 AM Post #3,743 of 15,757
Delete … srr find the way myself.

Last edited:
May 5, 2022 at 10:53 AM Post #3,744 of 15,757
My point is people should be free to lose their hearing, if they so wish. I am all for warning people, but let them make the ultimate choice.
That is not the problem. The problem is that everyone have to pay for you when you lost your hearing and you're going to a doctor.

This law is not to protect you from hearing loss, but to protect others from paying for your hearing loss.

May 5, 2022 at 10:57 AM Post #3,745 of 15,757
That is not the problem. The problem is that everyone have to pay for you when you lost your hearing and you're going to a doctor.

This law is not to protect you from hearing loss, but to protect others from paying for your hearing loss.
I don't have hearing loss. We must agree to disagree. These governments have no problems wasting money, so I don't buy the saving money premis. It's about control.

Last edited:
May 5, 2022 at 11:21 AM Post #3,747 of 15,757
May 5, 2022 at 11:23 AM Post #3,748 of 15,757
I don't have hearing loss. We must agree to disagree. These governments have no problems wasting money, so I don't buy the saving money premis. It's about control.
My cousin does have hearing loss and he's not even 30. It was caused by listening to his MP3 player for a prolonged time at too high volumes.

Of course this is about control, the same way speed limits and traffic lights are about control.

I don't agree with that law, but i know enough people who damaged their hearing (which are younger than me!) and will need hearing aids which will be payed with my money (amongst others).

That doesn't mean i agree with that law, my Walkman is uncapped and my hearing is excellent. This law makes sense with Bluetooth Headphones and smartphones, it does 'not' make sense with DAP.

So i personally disagree with the law, but not with the idea behind it. People often are stupid and you have to protect them. Also most people in the EU only think about and have no respect for others who might have to pay for their faults.

Last edited:
May 5, 2022 at 11:24 AM Post #3,749 of 15,757
I think that this law was mainly passed to prevent underage people to damage their hearing; just a warning would not have been enough.

I think that this law was mainly passed to prevent underage people to damage their hearing; just a warning would not have been enough.
I am not in Europe. I can say that the volume cap would be a definite non starter for me. I use headphones.

May 5, 2022 at 11:26 AM Post #3,750 of 15,757
I am not in Europe. I can say that the volume cap would be a definite non starter for me. I use headphones.
So nobody have to pay for your hearing loss, so of course nobody cares if you get it.

But on the other hand, if you need a lung transplantation, also nobody cares. In the EU, you don't have to pay a single cent for it (which would otherwise cost more than a million).

So its like comparing apples with organes. Different systems meant for different people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back