SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
May 5, 2022 at 2:29 AM Post #3,706 of 15,683
Sony Aust rep doesnt seem to know when my 1zm2 will arrive 😐. Estimated on Aug. My goodness.
Hopefully you have a better luck
Yeah...heard that from @Damz87 . Quite bad timing. I have been noticing a lot of Audio releases getting to Australia quite delayed.

May 5, 2022 at 3:22 AM Post #3,711 of 15,683
I think it's likely I did some app disabling that prevented me from changing wallpapers.
Most likely Google and Photos since you disabled almost everything.

As for my testing, the battery difference with Google stuff on or off makes very minimal differences with my usage, which is I have the screen off like 95% off the time and wifi is rarely used. Bluetooth is on cause it needs to be on for the remote (so not in airplane mode). Play files are 99% flacs but with various quality of it. The other 1% is dsd/f

For me, the difference was about 1-3% per hr, which is more than enough to me to last a day then some regardless of if I disabled or not. Only thing I really have disabled now is Gmail and drives as they take up space overtime as I heavily use them outside of walkman, but at the same time, my wifi is off majority of the times

Last edited:
May 5, 2022 at 4:13 AM Post #3,712 of 15,683
Apparently, they don’t spend any dimes…so I will just make fun of them…while I haven’t listened to any of the aforementioned stuff either.

Matter of facts, that is how I enjoy myself. I walk into a bar and tell those guys that alcoholic can kill you. I walk into a Cigar lounge and tell them that smoking give cancers. I walk into Canjam and say that I only need my phones with 3.5mm. I walk into art shows and say that my 3 years old arts is better. Then when I walk into my brother and his GF room, I say that he should check STD first

😉🤣
if we met each other in real life, we would become best friends by making fun of all those people who are "too deep into something"... :-D

this always always reminds me of a south park episode where
1) the book authors thought about nothing while jotting it down
(so the sony team "just did" something in a rush due to competition, selling us a 6-year development time but took just 3 month max for the m2 - before, they were just chilling)
2) and the readers interpret something highly super complex connection and meta theories from this book and are fascinated about the perfection of its story :wink: while the authors are confused by themselves (with just wrote some s*** together people, calm down)
and here we are, the head-fiers at its best :wink:

south park - S13E02 - minute 18:45

May 5, 2022 at 4:29 AM Post #3,713 of 15,683
May 5, 2022 at 6:26 AM Post #3,715 of 15,683
the screen protector and the casing arrived 🙂

Bought a bundle of 6 tempered glass from protectionfilms24. It’s a tight fit with no room for error. Feels like 0.1 - 0.2mm thick

Oleo coating is decent. Does not shows fingerprint. Not sure how long it will last though

For the casing. Just got a cheap TPU case. Fits well

Edit: one thing to note. The tempered glass did not come with wiping cloth, and alcohol swab. So prepare your own cloth and scotch tape

Attachments

• 83720111-3689-4BFA-9A64-8AAEDFE6A8F3.jpeg
    83720111-3689-4BFA-9A64-8AAEDFE6A8F3.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 5, 2022 at 6:33 AM Post #3,716 of 15,683
I have read about hi-res streaming option on 1AM2, I understand that it will upsample all thirdy-party streaming application to 32bit/192Khz, right?

May 5, 2022 at 6:41 AM Post #3,718 of 15,683
Hey, guys. I was wondering if anyone can point me to which van nuys case fits the cayin c9 and the wm1zm2? I saw pictures of it somewhere on this board but don't know which exactly to order. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

May 5, 2022 at 7:02 AM Post #3,719 of 15,683
I have read about hi-res streaming option on 1AM2, I understand that it will upsample all thirdy-party streaming application to 32bit/192Khz, right?
If you use USB Audio Player Pro to stream Tidal or Qobuz then is possible to have bit perfect playback via the internal hi-res driver of UAPP.

May 5, 2022 at 7:18 AM Post #3,720 of 15,683
If you use USB Audio Player Pro to stream Tidal or Qobuz then is possible to have bit perfect playback via the internal hi-res driver of UAPP.
Have you tried and compare these 2 choices?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back