SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
May 4, 2022 at 4:47 PM Post #3,691 of 15,677
How many hours a capped Sony battery lasts? If the normal is 30 hours +- with less 59 times of power in SE and less 249 times of power in balanced.... Lasts 100 hours?
Android/Screen will be biggest users of power, not the amps. When I had a EU Capped ZX507 and then Japanese ZX507 I can't say it made any noticeable difference to battery life using same easy to drive IEM's.

Last edited:
May 4, 2022 at 5:58 PM Post #3,693 of 15,677
when you focus on the music, your brain will compensate for the equipment.
it's nice to buy something nice and expensive but you should never have to justify to others. some can afford more, some less so.
Especially him. He literally owns every premium Sony audio product:

May 4, 2022 at 6:23 PM Post #3,694 of 15,677
Android/Screen will be biggest users of power, not the amps. When I had a EU Capped ZX507 and then Japanese ZX507 I can't say it made any noticeable difference to battery life using same easy to drive IEM's.
Agreed, and that is why disabling the bloatware in system apps is a very important step

May 4, 2022 at 6:29 PM Post #3,695 of 15,677
We shouldn't really pooh pooh any aspect of the audio chain, cables, even micro/SD cards because isn't that one of the reasons we're here, to discuss the tiniest details that may enhance our listening experience if only slightly? Most people here are looking to gain every advantage they can, and whether we can distinguish changes ourselves (I'm on the fence regarding cards) shouldn't we at least applaud people's enthusiasm for exploring every avenue?

May 4, 2022 at 6:33 PM Post #3,696 of 15,677
We shouldn't really pooh pooh any aspect of the audio chain, cables, even micro/SD cards because isn't that one of the reasons we're here, to discuss the tiniest details that may enhance our listening experience if only slightly? Most people here are looking to gain every advantage they can, and whether we can distinguish changes ourselves (I'm on the fence regarding cards) shouldn't we at least applaud people's enthusiasm for exploring every avenue?
Apparently, they don’t spend any dimes…so I will just make fun of them…while I haven’t listened to any of the aforementioned stuff either.

Matter of facts, that is how I enjoy myself. I walk into a bar and tell those guys that alcoholic can kill you. I walk into a Cigar lounge and tell them that smoking give cancers. I walk into Canjam and say that I only need my phones with 3.5mm. I walk into art shows and say that my 3 years old arts is better. Then when I walk into my brother and his GF room, I say that he should check STD first

😉🤣

May 4, 2022 at 6:38 PM Post #3,697 of 15,677
Apparently, they don’t spend any dimes…so I will just make fun of them…while I haven’t listened to any of the aforementioned stuff either.

Matter of facts, that is how I enjoy myself. I walk into a bar and tell those guys that alcoholic can kill you. I walk into a Cigar lounge and tell them that smoking give cancers. I walk into Canjam and say that I only need my phones with 3.5mm. I walk into art shows and say that my 3 years old arts is better. Then when I walk into my brother and his GF room, I say that he should check STD first

😉🤣

I guess it's up to them whether they listen to you or not.

May 4, 2022 at 6:44 PM Post #3,698 of 15,677
Somehow discussion about the microSD which is an accessory device to the Walkman is considered offtopic by some here. It’s ok to talk about the transfer rate of the microSD but not ok to talk about its subjective sound quality? Maybe I should start reviewing microSD card basing on their packaging and exterior design then?

Last edited:
May 4, 2022 at 6:53 PM Post #3,699 of 15,677
Somehow discussion about the microSD which is an accessory device to the Walkman is considered offtopic by some here. It’s ok to talk about the transfer rate of the microSD but not ok to talk about its subjective sound quality? Maybe I should start reviewing microSD card basing on their packaging and exterior design then?

I've always found your posts interesting and helpful as I suspect many do. I just skim read the posts I'm not so much interested in, it's easy enough.

May 4, 2022 at 7:34 PM Post #3,700 of 15,677
they said initially 30/04 then 03/05 and now today they’re saying 05/05
Sony Aust rep doesnt seem to know when my 1zm2 will arrive 😐. Estimated on Aug. My goodness.
Hopefully you have a better luck

May 4, 2022 at 9:07 PM Post #3,702 of 15,677
It is possible to change wallpaper on the Walkman. You need to install nova launcher from app store. Change wallpaper from there. You can still choose to use back the default launcher afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back