Sony NW-A50 Series
Feb 12, 2021 at 1:46 AM Post #1,276 of 2,411
I've got this. It doesn't work with my P90SD. I assume you're gonna take a hit-n-miss too.
I currently use the authentic Sony WMC-NWH10 (WM-Port to female USB-A). But I believe it's hard to buy one now.
Screenshot_20210211-224612.png

Feb 12, 2021 at 8:45 AM Post #1,281 of 2,411
On a brand new A55 after FEv2 firmware and install of external tuning's, I still have a 5 band EQ.

The A55 should get a 10 band EQ?

I think the 10 band and various other effects are only on the FE R fw that is based on ZX300

Feb 13, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #1,282 of 2,411
Just got released in HK today and picked mine up. Nice size and feels good in the hands. Bought mainly to use with 1000XM3 over LDAC which sounds great. Any questions, fire away.

Also, still does not do progressive album art so going to be a painful weekend converting all those album art using Music Center... :triportsad:

CPhPynn.jpg
Is that silver? I haven't seen that option available

Feb 17, 2021 at 8:12 AM Post #1,284 of 2,411
Hi.

I’ve been reading this thread with interest. I currently have Fiio M6 but I think it’s faulty, it keeps locking up turning off etc so I need to replace it.

I mostly use it plugged into my Technics Ottava sc70 stereo via 3.5 line out. I’m interested in the Sony A55 as the system looks clear and I like Sony products in general . My other thought was Fiio M9 .

My question is would the Sony be powerful enough plugged into hifi and how would the sound quality compare to Fiio M6? If I do use headphones they’re not hard to drive Sennheiser momentum.
Any help appreciated .

Feb 19, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #1,286 of 2,411
hey all,

just pulled the trigger on nwa55 / twilight red on Amazon
where can i get the flip cases similar to a105? or simply a flip case for a105 will fit to a55?
Also do you guys use screen protector with it?
thanks!
I’m quite happy with a fat bear case from Amazon. The case projects a bit higher than the A55 screen, so no screen protector for me.

Feb 27, 2021 at 12:05 PM Post #1,287 of 2,411
Hello, I am in this thread for another Sony/Shanling question. Judging sound only, is Shanling Q1 an upgrade from Sony A55 or just a competitive alternative? I customized A55 with the latest MrWalkman mod, and it's still outperformed by M0 that I currently have. I want to trade Sony for another Shanling device for home use, but Q1 seems the only model with some battery... Playing FLAC I charge M0 every few days, with Sony I don't even keep in mind that I have to charge it, it just happens sometimes. Is there a real difference worth compromising the battery?

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2021 at 1:05 PM Post #1,288 of 2,411
Hello, I am in this thread for another Sony/Shanling question. Judging sound only, is Shanling Q1 an upgrade from Sony A55 or just a competitive alternative? I customized A55 with the latest MrWalkman mod, and it's still outperformed by M0 that I currently have. I want to trade Sony for another Shanling device for home use, but Q1 seems the only model with some battery... Playing FLAC I charge M0 every few days, with Sony I don't even keep in mind that I have to charge it, it just happens sometimes. Is there a real difference worth compromising the battery?
I bought my first M0 about 2 and a half years ago, I was so impressed that I bought a second M0 about a month later. I still use them almost daily. I dislike comparing players, I either like them or I don't. I like the M0 and the A55, the M0 is more powerful in my usage. I have both an A45 and an A55 with Mr Walkman firmware that has greatly improved their sound, before the new firmware I wasn't that impressed. As far as battery life, I usually run a player until it quits then put it on charge and get out another player to continue listening. If I am taking a player out of the house, I just make sure it's charged before I leave.

Feb 27, 2021 at 1:17 PM Post #1,289 of 2,411
I bought my first M0 about 2 and a half years ago, I was so impressed that I bought a second M0 about a month later. I still use them almost daily. I dislike comparing players, I either like them or I don't. I like the M0 and the A55, the M0 is more powerful in my usage. I have both an A45 and an A55 with Mr Walkman firmware that has greatly improved their sound, before the new firmware I wasn't that impressed. As far as battery life, I usually run a player until it quits then put it on charge and get out another player to continue listening. If I am taking a player out of the house, I just make sure it's charged before I leave.
Hmm, that's a smart strategy to have two identical players in case one's battery is drained, but I am also looking for sound improvement. There are some minor issues with M0 sound that I don't like, it's low bass and soundstage. They become audible in quiet space. A55 seems foggy overall, like many Walkmans

Feb 27, 2021 at 1:36 PM Post #1,290 of 2,411
Hmm, that's a smart strategy to have two identical players in case one's battery is drained, but I am also looking for sound improvement. There are some minor issues with M0 sound that I don't like, it's low bass and soundstage. They become audible in quiet space. A55 seems foggy overall, like many Walkmans
Good luck on your sound quest. I have told myself at least 20 times that I will never buy another DAP. Hope the wife isn't looking over my shoulder. :fearful:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back