Sony NW-A50 Series
Dec 7, 2019 at 4:02 AM Post #586 of 2,411
@ Kris77: I had the Fiio M6 before but the OS glitches, the battery life and some missing physical buttons made me change to the Sony.

So I can understand you...

@ gerelmx1986: Well, finally somebody who uses some of those settings...

You really like DSEE sometimes? For me it destroys sound. Maybe it depends on type of music and used file type...(?)

Gruß an den Pendler✌
i use it seldom, oftem combiniert entweder mit dem vinyl prozessor oder dem Dsee hx streicher (verschiedene typen sind nur im WM1A verfügbar). BUT AS i said i use only when i am curious how can a certain piece sound, f.e. when they have almost no reverb.

Dec 7, 2019 at 5:41 AM Post #587 of 2,411
I love/hate the A55, the sound is good for the size. What i hate is the tiny buttons and the UI elements are also tiny. The WM1A has a perfect size in this area.

And this comes from a mexican man with small svelte Hands, my German husband has bigger hands than me.

Dec 7, 2019 at 10:01 AM Post #589 of 2,411
Pulled the trigger on a NW A-55 . Can anyone post/suggest EQ settings for a balanced sound output ? Also I like bit of bass , but the Clear Audio+ bass is too much.

Dec 7, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #591 of 2,411
Pulled the trigger on a NW A-55 . Can anyone post/suggest EQ settings for a balanced sound output ? Also I like bit of bass , but the Clear Audio+ bass is too much.
i leave all off . So ckear audio disabled but all FX and DSP off, and i feel the sound is fine. Perhaps a lil' bassy dor my taste but is ok

Dec 7, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #592 of 2,411
Still waiting for my NW-A55 to arrive (should be here between 12 and 24 December that lets me a lot of time to read about it...)
I've read somewhere that turning the EQ on but keeping it "untouched" (without altering any frequency) makes a big improvement sound-wise.
Sounds strange to me, anyone has experimented that?
For those complaining about the buttons and UI being small, don't you ever try the Cayin N3... :)

Dec 7, 2019 at 7:07 PM Post #595 of 2,411
Always glad to help.

Seems to me a little like those rumors about beeing able to use EQ while listening via Bluetooth. Some users stated that by changing the region setting to J (Japan) this would be achieved.

I tried and it did ... surprise ... nothing!^^
Except for messing up my language settings into Japanese ONLY after a reset. That was (not so) funny...:laughing::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Dec 7, 2019 at 11:14 PM Post #596 of 2,411
Dec 8, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #598 of 2,411
Always glad to help.

Seems to me a little like those rumors about beeing able to use EQ while listening via Bluetooth. Some users stated that by changing the region setting to J (Japan) this would be achieved.

I tried and it did ... surprise ... nothing!^^
Except for messing up my language settings into Japanese ONLY after a reset. That was (not so) funny...:laughing::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I'm still reading about the first things to do when i'll receive my a55 (disabling the volume cap and changing region) and i wondered if you followed those instructions
https://jtm.gg/walkman-create-playlists/
where he says we don't have to worry about a change of the language (so according to him, no risk of remaining "stuck with the Japanese UI") ?
In the comments below his explanation there's a guy that says it worked fine for him (and it was 2 months ago).
What is the best region to benefit from the possibility of making playlists directly on the a55? Is that only available when set on the Japanese region?
Is there a favourite region between you a55 users apart from the Japanese one?
I found a video of a guy showing the steps to follow when you have a Japanese UI to find and select the english language, but i lost it (it was obviously on Youtube and not based only on that problem he just talk about it "en passant", if i find it back i'll post it here)

Dec 8, 2019 at 7:06 PM Post #599 of 2,411
No, I didn't use that guide. I didn't know it until now...
I used the information provided on the SonyNWDestTool page.

Have a look at Post #434 on page 29, where I explain how I ended up on Japanese with no other language to choose... (the option to change language is is not present in menu on J region)

Region E has most features, except J of course. On J you get the recording option and one more preset for a Sony earphone.

I stick to E.

Greeez:L3000:

Dec 8, 2019 at 7:26 PM Post #600 of 2,411
No, I didn't use that guide. I didn't know it until now...
I used the information provided on the SonyNWDestTool page.

Have a look at Post #434 on page 29, where I explain how I ended up on Japanese with no other language to choose... (the option to change language is is not present in menu on J region)

Region E has most features, except J of course. On J you get the recording option and one more preset for a Sony earphone.

I stick to E.

Greeez:L3000:
Thanks again man!
Very appreciated, you just summarised what i've found until now in one phrase :) So E it'll be, don't need the recording option. (and i go read your post #434).
Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back