Sony NW-A50 Series
Dec 9, 2019 at 6:42 AM Post #602 of 2,423
Just got my A55 & I'm very impressed on how it sound with my IEMs. No doubt it's a sony walkman.

But my only problem now is it wouldn't read my micro sd that are loaded with my music collection. I tried to look for guide but it suggested me to format the micro sd instead. Could anyone help me about this?

Did I have to insert an empty sd card first to the player & only remove it from the player later to insert the songs or not if I didn't want to use their music centre? Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2019 at 7:05 AM Post #603 of 2,423
You can try creating a folder named "MUSIC" on your SD card and paste all your music into that folder.

May work, but no guarantee.

Safe method is to format in device. Device creates some folders. You paste all music into "MUSIC" folder.

Cheers

Dec 9, 2019 at 7:11 AM Post #604 of 2,423
You can try creating a folder named "MUSIC" on your SD card and paste all your music into that folder.

May work, but no guarantee.

Safe method is to format in device. Device creates some folders. You paste all music into "MUSIC" folder.

Cheers
I'll try it later & let you know how it goes. Thanks btw :D

Dec 9, 2019 at 7:20 AM Post #605 of 2,423
Dec 9, 2019 at 8:31 AM Post #606 of 2,423
All of these recent posts are very informative!

I plan to purchase the A55 via http://www.accessoryjack.com/sony-nw-a55-16gb-high-resolution-digital-music-player-walkman-gold.html and it notes that there’s no volume limit on this device. Yay!

I hope to see how your folder works out @yorosello because I also have custom folders I painstakingly created for my Fiio X1 and later the Cayin N3.
Yeah, gotta try it later since now i'm still far from my laptop.

Mine also didn't have volume limit i guess since i'm at south east asia region

Dec 9, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #610 of 2,423
To protect the hearing of their beloved citizens. Such a noble precaution, don't you think?:laughing::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::sweat_smile:

Actually there is no reason any HiFi or HeadFi enthusiast would call solid...:unamused:
yeah hahaha

btw, I opened the micro sd through my laptop & the music folder is already there so I just move everything into the folder & voila! everything is on the player now 8D

Dec 9, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #612 of 2,423
Ah, great! So it works without formatting the card. Good to know...:thumbsup:

Btw. do all covers show up correctly, or are there some missing?
Some are missings even tho they show up on the media go/my phone

Dec 9, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #613 of 2,423
That is most likey because those missing covers are either progressive JPEGs (Sony DAPs need baseline JPEGs) ...

...or the covers are not embedded into the songs/albums tags. A cover simply thrown into an albums folder won't work.

A little tricky and sometimes one has to do a looot of work. I fiddled around on that for quite some time...^^

Dec 9, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #614 of 2,423
Yeah, I try to embedded it through the media go, hope it work fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back