Sony NW-A40 Series NW-A45/A46/A47
Mar 14, 2020 at 1:17 PM Post #1,547 of 1,999
Picked up this in the recent Amazon deal for £100. Didn't know about the volume hack so thanks for this thread already. I'm looking into headphones and the two recommended are IER-NW500N and MDR-NW750. I found them on a parts seller called EET Europarts with the NW500N being roughly twice as much as the NW750. Not sure which ones to get or even whether this EET Europarts sell new products to Joe Public.

Mar 27, 2020 at 11:27 AM Post #1,548 of 1,999
Hi can someone help me here please?
I have tried to use the scsitool-nwz-v23.exe F: dest_tool get tool,I have altered everything to my drive etc but it comes up with the error.
Cannot get model ID from device -3
Your device is more than likely not compatible with this tool.
I have a Sony NW a45 it came with the latest firmware 1.10.

Thanks Ade.

Mar 28, 2020 at 6:16 PM Post #1,549 of 1,999
Hi can someone help me here please?
I have tried to use the scsitool-nwz-v23.exe F: dest_tool get tool,I have altered everything to my drive etc but it comes up with the error.
I have a Sony NW a45 it came with the latest firmware 1.10.

Thanks Ade.

Hi, are you typing:

"scsitool-nwz-v23.exe F: dest_tool get tool"

If you are, this is wrong, you need to type

scsitool-nwz-v23.exe F: dest_tool get

EXACTLY (and make sure that F is the drive letter of your nw-a45). Try this, and make sure that you're launching the program from the correct folder (are you launching the cmd .bat file?). Post a screenshot, we may be able to help better that way.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2020 at 6:54 AM Post #1,552 of 1,999
Hi, are you typing:

"scsitool-nwz-v23.exe F: dest_tool get tool"

If you are, this is wrong, you need to type

scsitool-nwz-v23.exe F: dest_tool get

EXACTLY (and make sure that F is the drive letter of your nw-a45). Try this, and make sure that you're launching the program from the correct folder (are you launching the cmd .bat file?). Post a screenshot, we may be able to help better that way.
Thanks for the reply mate ,I knew I should have wrote it better lol.
scsitool-nwz-v23.exe F: dest_tool get is what I should have typed.
The tool and the cmd are both in my downloads folder.My Nw a45 is on my F drive.I have opened the cmd typed in cd downloads,enter,then typed in the tool as above.
It then returns with the message,

Thanks for your time.
I dont know how to do a screen shot sorry.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2020 at 6:59 AM Post #1,553 of 1,999
Thanks for the reply mate ,I knew I should have wrote it better lol.
scsitool-nwz-v23.exe F: dest_tool get is what I should have typed.
The tool and the cmd are both in my downloads folder.My Nw a45 is on my F drive.I have opened the cmd typed in cd downloads,enter,then typed in the tool as above.
It then returns with the message,

Thanks for your time.
I dont know how to do a screen shot sorry.

A screenshot would be really helpful here, as it seems what you're typing is correct. I'm assuming you're using windows, just type "snipping tool" into your start menu, snip a screenshot of your (failed) command prompt, and post on here. If you're struggling to post on here, I can PM you my email address and I can post for you.

Mar 29, 2020 at 7:43 AM Post #1,554 of 1,999
A screenshot would be really helpful here, as it seems what you're typing is correct. I'm assuming you're using windows, just type "snipping tool" into your start menu, snip a screenshot of your (failed) command prompt, and post on here. If you're struggling to post on here, I can PM you my email address and I can post for you.
Hope this works .

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    9.7 KB · Views: 0
Mar 29, 2020 at 12:13 PM Post #1,557 of 1,999
Hi mate I have copied and pasted it from the Rockbox site and from another site too.This is what I have wrote - this is a minus _.
If this is incorrect could you type the correct one for me please?
Thanks Ade

As far as I can see from your screenshot, your process is correct. I used the minus sign "-" myself, no issues.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be along soon.

Mar 30, 2020 at 3:20 PM Post #1,559 of 1,999
As far as I can see from your screenshot, your process is correct. I used the minus sign "-" myself, no issues.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be along soon.
Try running it again, but from an Administrator Command Prompt. Open Start, type "Command" to find the Command Prompt, then "Run As Administrator".
You'll have to get back to your downloads folder:
cd /
cd Users\Adrian\Downloads

and try the tool again.

Mar 31, 2020 at 6:04 AM Post #1,560 of 1,999
No it still hasnt worked Doc thanks for the idea though.I am in the UK and I bought it off ebay (new).It does already seem fairly loud to me and Im just throwing things into the hat now but does the tool work on US Sonys in case its an import and if it is how would I know.
Cheers everyone .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back