SONY NW-A30 SERIES
Sep 7, 2020 at 1:16 PM Post #2,401 of 2,453
@MrWalkman This is great but I have one question. Do I have to download Vrilly’s firmware file as well as MrWalkman’s or do I just download the files MrWalkman provided?

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2020 at 1:20 PM Post #2,403 of 2,453
Just the ones from mrwalkman

Thanks. I’m looking forward to see if this improves the sound quality of my Sony NW-A35.

Sep 7, 2020 at 1:25 PM Post #2,405 of 2,453
Tbh I don't think the sound changes drastically. Just a bit more neutral in direct mode? You get more effects to play around with though and the whole UX is ten times better. What it should have been tbh when Sony developed it

It was slower for all Walkman players at the time of the last update for the A30. The faster UI came with later updates, but as they stopped updating the A30, it was stuck with the slower one basically.

Sep 7, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #2,406 of 2,453
It was slower for all Walkman players at the time of the last update for the A30. The faster UI came with later updates, but as they stopped updating the A30, it was stuck with the slower one basically.

I have run into a problem. I’ve read the instructions and followed the install. However, When I connect my Sony A35 to my computer after reformatting it and select A30Series Reloaded+ I select ”I agree“ and press next then a window appears with “connect the target Device to a computer with a USB cable” I then press ok but the window reappears as if my A35 isn’t connect when it is. Please advise.

Sep 7, 2020 at 2:10 PM Post #2,407 of 2,453
I have run into a problem. I’ve read the instructions and followed the install. However, When I connect my Sony A35 to my computer after reformatting it and select A30Series Reloaded+ I select ”I agree“ and press next then a window appears with “connect the target Device to a computer with a USB cable” I then press ok but the window reappears as if my A35 isn’t connect when it is. Please advise.

Can you go to the Unit information menu and confirm that you see "ZX300" there?

Sep 7, 2020 at 2:20 PM Post #2,408 of 2,453
Can you go to the Unit information menu and confirm that you see "ZX300" there?

It says Model: NW-A30Series when I got to unit information.

Sep 7, 2020 at 2:23 PM Post #2,409 of 2,453
It says Model: NW-A30Series when I got to unit information.

I think that is because the switching thing didn't work.

Can you do the switching process again, and look at the update process on the player? The player will restart, and then the update bar should fill up to the end before the player restarts again.

Make sure you're choosing the first option in the switcher, the "Switch to ZX300" one.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #2,410 of 2,453
I think that is because the switching thing didn't work.

Can you do the switching process again, and look at the update process on the player? The player will restart, and then the update bar should fill up to the end before the player restarts again.

Make sure you're choosing the first option in the switcher, the "Switch to ZX300" one.

Thanks. Everything working fine now.

Sep 7, 2020 at 4:14 PM Post #2,411 of 2,453
Another problem I’ve run into....I have music on a 8gb microSDcard in my Sony A35 but no tracks are displayed and I get a database error message. Anyway I’ve went into settings and selected create database but it’s taking over 2 hours and it’s still creating database. How long does the database take to create? Please advise.

Sep 7, 2020 at 4:18 PM Post #2,412 of 2,453
Another problem I’ve run into....I have music on a 8gb microSDcard in my Sony A35 but no tracks are displayed and I get a database error message. Anyway I’ve went into settings and selected create database but it’s takimg over 2 hours and it’s still creating database. How long does the database take to create? Please advise.

The factory reset should be done after the switch to ZX300.

The first attempt to switch to ZX300 did not succeed, yet you did the factory reset. I would assume that after the model was actually switched to ZX300 on the second attempt, you did not do the factory reset again.

You can forcefully restart the player by holding the power button. After the device restart, please do a factory reset. This should solve the issue.

Sep 7, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #2,413 of 2,453
The factory reset should be done after the switch to ZX300.

The first attempt to switch to ZX300 did not succeed, yet you did the factory reset. I would assume that after the model was actually switched to ZX300 on the second attempt, you did not do the factory reset again.

You can forcefully restart the player by holding the power button. After the device restart, please do a factory reset. This should solve the issue.

Thanks. Thats what the problem was that I forgot to format again when redoing the install. Now it works fine. Thanks.

Sep 9, 2020 at 6:42 AM Post #2,414 of 2,453
@MrWalkman I’m really enjoying this ZX300 mod on my A35. However, will there be an update to include VPT and Tone Control on the EQ as well as Clear Audio because those functions are available on the real ZX300.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2020 at 6:48 AM Post #2,415 of 2,453
Thanks,

ZX300 doesn't have the VPT surround function, and you can change from EQ to Tone Control.

Tap
c_option.png
to select [Equalizer] or [Tone Control]. The selected setting will take effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back