Sony MDR-V6
Apr 24, 2011 at 1:31 AM Post #107 of 109
I bought a pair of Sony MDR V6 due to a good discount at authorized dealer. I have heard so many negative comments such as boomy bass, screechy female vocals, harsh HF.

I did not experience these characters of the V6. I was delighted with Diana Kral on "All for you" and the " Heartleft" by the Four Play. Clean, clear and details that what my first impression. Yes, somewhat anlytical and cold but for the price of  $66.00 , these thing are hard to beat.

Sep 29, 2011 at 2:29 AM Post #108 of 109
Great price on amazon, no need to risk off *bay.
I think I need a 2nd pair, incase they stop making it.

Jan 4, 2012 at 3:37 AM Post #109 of 109
Just to add another experience to the discussion here on the V6's. I got them about 4 months ago here in Canada and can confirm I have have the genuine article.

These babies sound great!  I listen to a wide variety of music and honestly cannot complain about the performance in any genre. They rock, dubstep and other dance/electronica sound great with good bass, jazz is presented quite naturally, and they sound competent for classical. The slightly accentuated treble does not bother me at all.

Anyone who complains about lack of bass or poor resolution from V6's probably have fakes! So far, the best ~$100 I've spent in hi-fi audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back