Jan 10, 2007 at 3:17 AM Post #16 of 38
wow, my v6 has huge bass
blink.gif
but it like it
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 10, 2007 at 4:16 AM Post #17 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by gloco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My 7506's definitely changed with burn-in, they sounded painfully bright with little bass response...after a few dozen hrs they started settling down and opened up with deep bass (not as deep as beyer 770's), but its there.

Yeah, I guess I will do this. I am going to let these play for a long while and see what happens. I love the detail in the mids and highs, anyway.

Thanks everyone for all the replies. I don't think it's a problem with the source. I tried several, and the results were the same.

I wonder if there is a problem with manufacturing consistency, because on Amazon, several people appear to have the same complaint (too little bass). And several people have the opposite complaint (too much bass). No in-between.

Jan 10, 2007 at 7:14 AM Post #18 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by xgeom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I guess I will do this. I am going to let these play for a long while and see what happens. I love the detail in the mids and highs, anyway.

Thanks everyone for all the replies. I don't think it's a problem with the source. I tried several, and the results were the same.

I wonder if there is a problem with manufacturing consistency, because on Amazon, several people appear to have the same complaint (too little bass). And several people have the opposite complaint (too much bass). No in-between.

The V6 is pretty source sensitive. Out of my iPod Nano the bass is OMG booming and thumping, but out of my Zen Vision it's really balanced... the bass is totally in check and you need to listen for it. This is most likely why impressions are all over the board.

Jan 10, 2007 at 8:24 AM Post #19 of 38
No way, the MDR-7506/V6's are bass machines! I agree with the subwoofer idea.

Jan 10, 2007 at 6:36 PM Post #21 of 38
Mar 18, 2009 at 4:38 PM Post #22 of 38
I just got a pair of MDR-v6's and I am very satisfied with the bass. I like the bass in the v6 because it sounds clean and doesn't overpower the mid's and high's.

As a side note: When listening to music on iPods and other digital devices or on a PC, I get the feeling that the quality of the music file affects how loud the bass can get.

Mar 18, 2009 at 5:11 PM Post #23 of 38
My V6 has enough bass for my taste. It can shake my head when I am using it when watching movie and it can be tight in jazz music for the kick drum sound. Coming from PX100, I can understand why you said V6 doesn't have enough bass because PX100 to me is a very very bass heavy HP.

Mar 18, 2009 at 5:16 PM Post #24 of 38
I like the v6 bass myself, though it's kind of loose and flabby compared to the Equations. I think the RP-21 is a better balanced headphone...except for a bit rolled off treble. The RP-22 is supposed to be more of a bass monster.

Mar 18, 2009 at 10:43 PM Post #26 of 38
Quote:

This may very well be the case. When I first started researching headphones impressions of the V6's were all over the place. Conflicting descriptions of sound seemed to be more common with this headphone than most others. I've demoed them since then and actually found the bass to sound boosted on the pair I listened to. In my case what turned me away from them were the highs, which were too harsh sounding for my ears.

Aug 31, 2009 at 11:33 PM Post #27 of 38
My v6 really changed some, I can't certainly say a lot though, after tens of hours of breaking in. At first there is little bass but now...it is gradually turning into a bass machine.

It has even lower bass than Koss PP, IMHO

Sep 1, 2009 at 2:06 AM Post #28 of 38
How does the bass on the V6 compare to the XB-700 or HFI-550 ? I briefly considered the XBs before I bought the Ultrasones, and I'm very happy with my purchase, but that kind of driving bass isnt everyone's cup of tea. Got the impression that Sony may have overdone it with the XBs - anyone ?

Jul 12, 2010 at 2:28 AM Post #29 of 38
i heard the song on my mdr v6 and can hear the bass, what you are asking for is un natural bass some people prefer that. For the meantime you can adjust the equaliser settings or buy amp. 

Jul 12, 2010 at 4:32 AM Post #30 of 38

Quote:
How does the bass on the V6 compare to the XB-700 or HFI-550 ? I briefly considered the XBs before I bought the Ultrasones, and I'm very happy with my purchase, but that kind of driving bass isnt everyone's cup of tea. Got the impression that Sony may have overdone it with the XBs - anyone ?

I owned the Sony XB-700, and the bass was BOOMING!!! But, it's so big it's mushy and uncontrolled, and it drowns out the mids/highs. The V6 is a bit bright IMO, but they're the better and more controlled set of cans. W/the proper source coupled w/a good quality file the V6's actually shine.

And those Bayer Dynamic pads are highly recommended, as the comfort goes through the roof w/them on. Plus the V6's do need quite a bit of burn in time for the bass to rear it's head - be patient, as you'll be greatly rewarded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back