Sony MDR-V6 lack bass?
Jan 9, 2007 at 3:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

xgeom

New Head-Fier
I am very disappointed with the bass on my new MDR-V6. I can hardly hear the bassline on any song I listen to. One reference point: Daft Punk - "Around the World." The bassline is the foundation of the song, but it just sounds weak on these headphones.

Has anybody else experienced the same thing? Will the bass get better after burning in? Is it that the trebles and mids are too loud in comparison?

My Sharp MD-33 and Sennheiser PX-100 easily outclass the MDR-V6 in terms of bass. Right now, I prefer both to the Sony headphones, and both were substantially cheaper, too.

I knew I should have gotten K81 DJs!
frown.gif
mad.gif
confused.gif
frown.gif

Jan 9, 2007 at 6:25 PM Post #3 of 38
the V6s aren't a bass-heavy phone, i don't even think adding Beyer DT250 pads will kick in the bass (but it will certainly add a lot of comfort). for the price, the V6s are quite accurate, but if you want teh bass, the K81 would be a better choice.

Jan 9, 2007 at 6:43 PM Post #4 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by xgeom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am very disappointed with the bass on my new MDR-V6. I can hardly hear the bassline on any song I listen to. One reference point: Daft Punk - "Around the World." The bassline is the foundation of the song, but it just sounds weak on these headphones.

Has anybody else experienced the same thing? Will the bass get better after burning in? Is it that the trebles and mids are too loud in comparison?

My Sharp MD-33 and Sennheiser PX-100 easily outclass the MDR-V6 in terms of bass. Right now, I prefer both to the Sony headphones, and both were substantially cheaper, too.

frown.gif
mad.gif
confused.gif
frown.gif

The MDR-V6 is so bright that it overshadows the bass somewhat, but no other headphone can produce the bass of the MDR-V6. It is a great headphone for production, monitoring, and djing.

Maybe you like bloated bass. Try something else.

Jan 9, 2007 at 8:58 PM Post #5 of 38
Not enough bass? Your insane.

The V6's have plenty of bass. You might want to attach a subwoofer to your head.

I have also heard that Daft Punk song on the V6's. There is plenty of bass.

Jan 9, 2007 at 9:00 PM Post #6 of 38
What in the hell are you people talking about? The V6/7506 offers some slamming bass....seriously. Break them in...they need a few dozen hours to start coming together.

Plus, what's your source?

Jan 9, 2007 at 10:00 PM Post #10 of 38
Quote:

frown.gif
mad.gif
confused.gif
frown.gif

i admit, something sounds off about this. i've owned px100 and heard gloco's pair of V6s, and the V6 definitely wins in the bass department. on the other hand, i think the K81DJ has just as much as the V6, but smoother highs, so if you're going to swap one for the other, that's not a bad alternative.

Jan 9, 2007 at 10:11 PM Post #11 of 38
is it possible to blutak them like with senn 280s? if so that made a big difference (for me and my 280s)

also let the burn in.

i dont care if you "believe" in it, just leave em on for a few days in a drawer, and come back to see if there is any improvement, if not, return them and get k81s which are so-called bassmeisters

Jan 9, 2007 at 10:20 PM Post #12 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJGeorgeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there sonic difference between Made in Japan V6 and Made in China V6?

No. I believe the cable is the only difference.

Jan 10, 2007 at 1:14 AM Post #13 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaseD13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is it possible to blutak them like with senn 280s? if so that made a big difference (for me and my 280s)

also let the burn in.

i dont care if you "believe" in it, just leave em on for a few days in a drawer, and come back to see if there is any improvement, if not, return them and get k81s which are so-called bassmeisters

My 7506's definitely changed with burn-in, they sounded painfully bright with little bass response...after a few dozen hrs they started settling down and opened up with deep bass (not as deep as beyer 770's), but its there.

Jan 10, 2007 at 2:57 AM Post #15 of 38
Quote:

frown.gif
mad.gif
confused.gif
frown.gif

could be your source?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back