Sony MDR-MV1
May 13, 2023 at 1:36 PM Post #181 of 461
If any of you are wanting a decent case this one is a great fit and very good 👍
Seeing as Sony are super tight and don’t include one.
IMG_0418.jpegIMG_0419.jpegIMG_0420.jpeg
do you think attached sony case will be suitable for MV1….

Attachments

• IMG_2573.png
    IMG_2573.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
May 13, 2023 at 9:07 PM Post #184 of 461
May 18, 2023 at 3:07 PM Post #188 of 461
Very surprised to find these on Amazon U.K., especially given that the MDR-M1ST didn’t officially make it over here.

The 4.4mm cable from the MDR-1AM2 works with this set.

Currently enjoying some heavy metal (Solstafir and A Pregnant Light) on these. Immediately more enjoyable than the M1STs were for this style of music.

Electric guitar distortion sounds more detailed, upper midrange seems to have gotten a bit more focus, and the soundstage is surprisingly wide and natural, but the music I’ve listened to so far doesn’t have much staging.

Looking forward to hearing what everyone else thinks of them.

May 25, 2023 at 3:34 AM Post #189 of 461
I have got mine yesterday evening. I couldn't wait to let it run in and started listening to it right after unboxing with my Shanling destop amp EM5 with the 6.3mm cable came with the retail box. I am very happy to have got this pair of MV1 so far. It is more neutral compared with the 1am2 pair that I have had for two years. I am going to use the 4.4mm balanced cable for my 1am2 on the MV1 this evening and see how it goes.

May 25, 2023 at 3:59 AM Post #190 of 461
I have got mine yesterday evening. I couldn't wait to let it run in and started listening to it right after unboxing with my Shanling destop amp EM5 with the 6.3mm cable came with the retail box. I am very happy to have got this pair of MV1 so far. It is more neutral compared with the 1am2 pair that I have had for two years. I am going to use the 4.4mm balanced cable for my 1am2 on the MV1 this evening and see how it goes.
1am2 are my favorites, had them for around 5 years or so, their SQ isn't the absolute summit peak but they still sound great and their comfort is just so so good

Jun 3, 2023 at 12:41 AM Post #192 of 461
Where's the EQ settings for these bad boys already?

Wavelet has a preset for these

Sorry I reacted to the previous post mentioning 1AM2, these new ones probably has no setting

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2023 at 9:55 PM Post #194 of 461

just a quick follow up: My 4.4mm balanced cable for 1am2 works without a glitch with the new MV1. Mine is a recable from OIDIO UK. I used to own the Sony one but it oxidized about two years and so I turned to OIDIO. So far so good.

Love the balanced tone of the MV1. :smile_phones:

Jun 6, 2023 at 1:02 PM Post #195 of 461
I wonder how these would compare to the Sony MDR-7520. Anyone happen to own both?

Also how would these compare to the Fidelio X2HR, sound-wise? These are the most comfortable headphones I own :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back