Sony MDR MA 900 (new release from Sony)
Apr 5, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #16 of 772
How do you know they're the same drivers? Just because of the size? Could you please post some confirming information, links, rather than conjecture. I'd really like to know If they re-purposed XB1000 drivers, or just used PET material and developed different drivers.

Quote:
Stuffing XB1000 drivers in an F1 frame, sounds like an experiment.

Apr 5, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #17 of 772

Quote:
How do you know they're the same drivers? Just because of the size? Could you please post some confirming information, links, rather than conjecture. I'd really like to know If they re-purposed XB1000 drivers, or just used PET material and developed different drivers.

I don't. That was tongue and cheek and not meant to be taken seriously.

Apr 5, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #18 of 772
My Bad... LOL,

As I was curious, I looked up the specs on the power ratings and such on the drivers and they're totally different for the MDR-MA900 and MDR-XB1000, I somewhat doubt they actually are the same hardware after reading the listed values, and sorry for coming down on you so hard. I guess I was too busy scrutinizing whether or not I was interested in purchasing a pair, and fell into the trap of taking things with too little humor. 

Quote:

I don't. That was tongue and cheek and not meant to be taken seriously.

Apr 6, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #19 of 772
Sadly these are not high end, they look too cheap.
Official price is 30000 Yen for the MA-900, 250$ or less retail most probably.

Apr 6, 2012 at 2:49 AM Post #21 of 772
Sadly these are not high end, they look too cheap.
Official price is 30000 Yen for the MA-900, 250$ or less retail most probably.

unless they come out with a ma-1000 then it is considered ''high-end'' going by it being the top model in that series so far as a flagship. i don't see how it's any different then people considering the k701/q701 as high-end but not this, but of course it's all subjective on what's high-end in the world of audio. they actually look very classy and i personally like the plain simple look of them. also seem to be made out same materials as the SA5000 so their defiantly gonna be a pretty sturdy headphone overall.

Apr 6, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #22 of 772
Really can't wait for this headphone. Not a fan of the design, looks way too simplistic for a flagship, just like the zx1000, but if they get the sound right I won't care as much. I'm looking for a headphone with wide open soundstage but strong bass that doesn't bleed or reces the mids. This seems like the only one that fits the bill, although I still need to hear it.

Apr 7, 2012 at 3:40 AM Post #23 of 772
I will be interested in how they sound. If they are bright and detailed but with good bass and neutral to slightly forward mids I might be interested. I am not interested in a V shaped signature or anything that is not detailed.

Apr 7, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #24 of 772
I always wanted to have a headphone with 7cm electrodynamic driver's diameter size... not being the XB1000.

The 58mm of my HD800's ring of death seem to be already fairly big... but 70mm... is bigger...
biggrin.gif

I hope the MA900 will have less coloration than the SA5000, while offering as much musical details.

V-shape FR would be also a no-go for me.

Apr 8, 2012 at 12:29 PM Post #25 of 772
It is a pre-order price and have never ordered from them but anyone try to see if these guys will honor their $205 price...
http://www.aztekcomputers.com/MDRMA900-SONY-ACCESSORIES-SURE-2740233.html

Might be low enough(Google says $213.59 shipped) for someone to take the plunge. Possible since it says "available for order" they might try to raise the price but maybe it is worth a try.

Apr 8, 2012 at 7:45 PM Post #26 of 772
Seems like they are on sale now on the sony website. Unfortunately it's, only for US customers. EU have to wait till 1st of may :frowning2:

Hurry up and buy it someone, and give us a full review

Apr 8, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #27 of 772
This pair of cans seems interesting. In about three weeks, I'll check it out in a local Sony store.

Apr 8, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #28 of 772
Very nice! I'm a US living person [lol nice wordage] and yea v shapped is a no go for me, still I hope for $250 or so dollars and having a massive 70mm driver they'll have a nice natrual balanced sound. Still let's hope! Who knows maybe I might get a pair, I've already started with Sony  I might as well explore them as best I can till I move onto some one elese ;3

Apr 8, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #29 of 772
Bump for anticipation. 

Apr 8, 2012 at 9:04 PM Post #30 of 772
I'm surprised this thread hasn't got more attention than it has received so far. Probably due to lack of information and reviews but still, expected a bit more interest

Users who are viewing this thread

Back