Sony MDR MA 900 (new release from Sony)
Apr 9, 2012 at 6:13 AM Post #31 of 772

Quote:
Probably due to lack of information and reviews but still, expected a bit more interest

I'm very interested. I'm favouriting this thread to come back to it every once in a while. In my opinion, they look sleep and stylish. The reflective plastic will defs be a fingerprint magnet, just like the original ps3. 

Hoping the bands on the side are metal, they look pretty thin to me :S

Apr 9, 2012 at 7:04 AM Post #33 of 772

Quote:
I'm very interested. I'm favouriting this thread to come back to it every once in a while. In my opinion, they look sleep and stylish. The reflective plastic will defs be a fingerprint magnet, just like the original ps3. 

Hoping the bands on the side are metal, they look pretty thin to me :S

The press release states theyre made of Magnesium and Aluminum (the MDR-MA900) the rest of the series is supposed to be Aluminum & (possibly plastic?)...

Apr 9, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #34 of 772
There's a really intersitng in-depth review in Sony.jp with the designers of the MA series, particularly the MA900. But the google translation just sucks badly so it's hard to make much meangfull info from it. Only couple of things i managed to learn is the erapad material was changed for the F1's Ecsaine, it's supposedly more ventilated... which is rather strange priority in this kin of design, which leads to " the balance of the sound is dramatically improved".

Second, it's actually abit lighter than the F1, despite is bulkier drivers, apprently because the omission of the double headband to rote the inter-chanell wiring. Which defintley a very welcome improvement.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=iw&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://www.sony.jp/headphone/special/park/tieup/ma1.html&usg=ALkJrhg0xBjjuPtBujyYert7Gsq1H0J7NQ

Apr 9, 2012 at 6:39 PM Post #35 of 772

Quote:
There's a really intersitng in-depth review in Sony.jp with the designers of the MA series, particularly the MA900. But the google translation just sucks badly so it's hard to make much meangfull info from it. Only couple of things i managed to learn is the erapad material was changed for the F1's Ecsaine, it's supposedly more ventilated... which is rather strange priority in this kin of design, which leads to " the balance of the sound is dramatically improved".

Second, it's actually abit lighter than the F1, despite is bulkier drivers, apprently because the omission of the double headband to rote the inter-chanell wiring. Which defintley a very welcome improvement.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=iw&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://www.sony.jp/headphone/special/park/tieup/ma1.html&usg=ALkJrhg0xBjjuPtBujyYert7Gsq1H0J7NQ

Although I couldn't understand most of it, it was still an enjoyable read. Good find. I get the impression sony are really trying to make this one work, having realized most open headphones lack bass, but they also want to keep the other frequencies in balance. Plus they want it to handle watching movies and playing games as well. I've been looking for a headphone that can "do it all" so I'm hoping this is it. Hasn't anyone bought it yet? 

Apr 9, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #37 of 772
Thank you Sony for potentially listening to my advice on headbands! Love that design.  The lack of a giant stupid headband makes me very happy.  Already placed my preorder, I'll be getting them asap.

Apr 9, 2012 at 11:11 PM Post #38 of 772

Quote:
Thank you Sony for potentially listening to my advice on headbands! Love that design.  The lack of a giant stupid headband makes me very happy.  Already placed my preorder, I'll be getting them asap.

Hey mate, noticed you have the MA900's in your sig. Have you actually got them? 
ph34r.gif

Apr 9, 2012 at 11:17 PM Post #41 of 772

Quote:
Uh, no lol. As I said I placed the pre order so technically i do own them :)

lol you cheat. Please post some impressions when you get them. Doesn't even need to be a full review, just a short summary would cure my curiosity for a while.

Apr 9, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #42 of 772

Quote:
Quote:
swbf2cheater said:
 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Uh, no lol. As I said I placed the pre order so technically i do own them :)

lol you cheat. Please post some impressions when you get them. Doesn't even need to be a full review, just a short summary would cure my curiosity for a while.

:D

Of course, I will post my thoughts on it.  I think if its an improved F1, its going to be a real winner, a more comfortable and bassy F1 is well worth that price and them some.  Also, aztec is not a reputable business, it has immensely poor ratings and there is no chance of them honoring that $205 pre order if everyone else lists as $299.  Super interested to see how it compares against the L1 and the Fischer FA011.

Apr 9, 2012 at 11:36 PM Post #43 of 772

Quote:

:D

Of course, I will post my thoughts on it.  I think if its an improved F1, its going to be a real winner, a more comfortable and bassy F1 is well worth that price and them some.  Also, aztec is not a reputable business, it has immensely poor ratings and there is no chance of them honoring that $205 pre order if everyone else lists as $299.  Super interested to see how it compares against the L1 and the Fischer FA011.

lol I fell right into that one. I remember you mentioned in a different thread you don't list all your headphones. Do you have anything other headphones apart from the L1 and fischers that you will be comparing to? I'm interested to know whether the sony's will slot in to the mid-fi tier or maybe push for a spot in the hi-fi region, although what exactly is hi-fi seems to be subjective.

Apr 9, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #44 of 772
I have no more full size headphones, just a giant box of portables that include earbuds and iems.  Personally, I call anything from $100 - $400 or so " Mid-Fi".   Anything beyond that is Hi-Fi to me.  I am unaware of anything as good as the L1 and the FA011 in Mid Fi Land.  Just my opinion though, remember I'm the guy who disliked the LCD2 so maybe I'm crazy. 

*runs naked down the street.

Apr 10, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #45 of 772

Quote:
I have no more full size headphones, just a giant box of portables that include earbuds and iems.  Personally, I call anything from $100 - $400 or so " Mid-Fi".   Anything beyond that is Hi-Fi to me.  I am unaware of anything as good as the L1 and the FA011 in Mid Fi Land.  Just my opinion though, remember I'm the guy who disliked the LCD2 so maybe I'm crazy. 

*runs naked down the street.

You're not crazy. I prefer HD800 over LCD-2's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back