Sony MDR-EX600: Impressions Thread
Aug 17, 2011 at 3:57 AM Post #782 of 1,311

Quote:
holy ****! those cables are worth more than the IEMs! well the EX600 and 7550 at least!

i'm sure there won't be much of a difference from the original cables. someone posted a direct link to a sony japan site before for the cables. cant seem to find it now.

I think these are the ones -

Long Cable - http://www.soundhouse.co.jp/shop/ProductDetail.asp?Item=680^RKEX1000LP^^

Short Cable - http://www.soundhouse.co.jp/shop/ProductDetail.asp?Item=680^RKEX1000SP^^

Aug 17, 2011 at 7:59 AM Post #783 of 1,311
Oh man mistake, didn't even think about beat audio to be honest. Haven't really heard or seen much of their stuff before so they didn't even enter my mind when thinking of custom cable company's and if they make something for the EX600.

Aug 17, 2011 at 9:29 AM Post #784 of 1,311
Yeah, there's no reason for a $130 pair of headphones (at least that's what Amazon sells em for right now) needs a $300 cable, but hey, perhaps the EX1000 owners would want one.  Amazing that they cost so much money though.  I like my audio to sound good, but I have a few better ways to distribute that money than on a cable :wink:

edit: Another question: I was just looking at the SE315s and wondering how they stack up next to the EX600s.  Thoughts?

Aug 18, 2011 at 3:40 PM Post #786 of 1,311
After some tip comparisons, the black large Monster Superfoam tips are providing the best isolation and comfort. 

Aug 18, 2011 at 9:26 PM Post #787 of 1,311
man! i wish i had a lot of extra tips from other earphone brands like most of you guys. all i have are the sennheiser tips from my cx500 and IE8 and now the sony hybrids. i keep hearing good things about monster tips.

about the cable, have you guys noticed a slight bump/crumple/deformation (whatever u guys wanna call it) on the memory wires of your ex600? i think mine developed because of my constant experimentation with the fit when i first got it. turning and twisting for short. i feel very confident about the EX cables though. these built-in memory wires by sony is genius! these things are thick!!! it's a wonder to me why no other companies have copied these yet.

Aug 18, 2011 at 9:56 PM Post #788 of 1,311
I agree. I'm personally not at all a fan of memory wire, but these cause me absolutely no discomfort, which makes the EX1000 amongst the most comfortable universals I've worn, to date.

Aug 18, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #789 of 1,311
they are indeed comfortable :D

they're also very well-built. i've never read of any build issues or breaking down so far about the ex600s or the new EX series for that matter. who here has had their sony EX's the longest btw? i'm guessing it's still chugging along pretty well :D

Aug 18, 2011 at 11:01 PM Post #790 of 1,311
I finally caved in a bought a pair of EX600's two days ago through Amazon; they arrived today.

My first impressions (short version): 
eek.gif

My first impressions (long version): I'm astonished by how good their SQ is right off-the-bat... These seriously are one of the best IEM I've ever tried. The highs are wonderful and not too sparkly/shrill (my definition of "sparkly"), the midrange; oh my God the midrange! I have lately been craving an IEM that had a great midrange and was sated with the FX700, but I must say that I'm enjoying the EX600's midrange far more than I did the FX700. I'm not saying the FX700's midrange is bad, it's just not as forward as the EX600's are. Now onto the bass... Wow! These EX600's hit it just right! Not too much, not too little; they're perfect IMO. 

To be completely honest, these sound like $300 or more IEM, not the $140 I spent on them. These are game changers (as well as the GR-07 which I still need to hear!) for price/performance. 

Now to see how they stack up against the e-Q5, which is coming tomorrow...

Aug 18, 2011 at 11:10 PM Post #791 of 1,311
Quote:
Now to see how they stack up against the e-Q5, which is coming tomorrow...

First off, glad to have you on board my friend! They certainly are game changers. Looking forward to your e-Q5 impressions, as I'm on the verge as of late as to whether or not they're worth a listen, sometime in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back