Sony MDR-1RBT Impressions?
Feb 14, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #17 of 35
Quote:
this is exactly what i wanted!!!!
i was just wondering if you could give me some info on the wired difference as I am going to be listening to most songs wired.
i want the one which sounds the most natural...

Sadly they were on loan from Sony for us (Tokyo Head-Fi) to write our reviews. I've long since returned them back to Sony. I'd dare say from memory, I'd dare say the 1R sounds more natural but the 1RBT could sound more "digital fun". But again, you'll have to take that with a large pinch of salt since that's based on memory.

Quote:
what do you mean by "clamp more"?
is it a tighter fit?

For my head at least, yes the 1RBT felt like it clamped more. But there's a possibility the clamping force itself could be the same, however the heavier electronics on the 1RBT may overall add more strain around the ears/cups making it feel like the clamping force was greater. Which is the root cause, I can't say for sure.

Feb 14, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #19 of 35
Quote:
I know I am starting to become annoying now.....
but, when wired, from your memory, how big is the difference?
and could you please send me the link to your review of the headphones?

I don't have a full impressions of the 1RBT. Only the link I gave you earlier. But below is my impressions of the MDR-1R instead.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/sony-mdr-1r/reviews/7687

My take is that if :-

1) you think the Sony MDR-1R series is your kind of signature (i.e. compared to Momentum, M-100, UE 6000/9000, whatever),
and
2) you want the more natural sounding of out of all the MDR-1R, 1RBT, 1RNC

at least to my thoughts, the surest bet is the MDR-1R. It didn't wow me at first but over time and possibly over burn-in, I liked it more. But we were given 1 month to all 3 products shared by 4 of us so we didn't exactly have that much time per member.

The 1RNC was definitely the more "sparkly" of the 3 and more fun. But if you're looking for natural, the base 1R felt the most natural.

For now I think that's about as far as I can remember. I'm already concerned what my thoughts are mentioned here have been clouded over time or not.

Feb 14, 2013 at 1:09 PM Post #20 of 35
Thank you for your info....
I think I will go with the MDR-1RBT.....
I already own a pair of XBA-3's and they are quiet natural.
i can use that for acoustic or slow songs and use the BT's for Dubstep and rock from my understanding of the few reviews I read.
Over all as far as I have read the headphones are very similar and the BT's have a more sub-bass to it......
please correct me if I am wrong.
Oh and I plan on using fiio e17's with the BT's do you agree with that decision? 

Feb 14, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #21 of 35
Quote:
Thank you for your info....
I think I will go with the MDR-1RBT.....
I already own a pair of XBA-3's and they are quiet natural.
i can use that for acoustic or slow songs and use the BT's for Dubstep and rock from my understanding of the few reviews I read.
Over all as far as I have read the headphones are very similar and the BT's have a more sub-bass to it......
please correct me if I am wrong.
Oh and I plan on using fiio e17's with the BT's do you agree with that decision? 

So you're going to use the BT wired!? Can't see anything wrong with that but I've never tried amping the BT. I just used it wireless, and wired straight from my player - no external DAC/Amp, etc.

Feb 14, 2013 at 1:40 PM Post #22 of 35
So you're going to use the BT wired!? Can't see anything wrong with that but I've never tried amping the BT. I just used it wireless, and wired straight from my player - no external DAC/Amp, etc.

From what I hear when wired it works the same as the 1r's......
The BT is just an aditional feature to me I really dont need it.....
Knowing this, what would you say?
Is it worth the extra 100 bucks?

Feb 14, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #23 of 35
Quote:
From what I hear when wired it works the same as the 1r's......
The BT is just an aditional feature to me I really dont need it.....
Knowing this, what would you say?
Is it worth the extra 100 bucks?

I've already mentioned it here that wired they don't sound the same. But by now can't say what the difference is.

Feb 14, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #24 of 35
When I say the same I don't mean audio wise.....
But the way it reacts to an amp......
I actually am extremely confused as to what I should do.
I think at times I am better off with the 1r's and then there are times I dont.
I dont see any of the great headphones being bluetooth ones....
So I think I will go with the 1r's
Plus in the headphone gift guide I see that it mentioned that the 1r's are better........
Thanks for your help.....
You were great......

Feb 16, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #25 of 35
Just got my 1RBTs yesterday ($248 shipped!). These are a great pair of headphones. Bluetooth audio, while definitely not as good as wire headphones, is still very good and detailed (I have tried Creative and Beats Wireless bluetooth headphones for comparison and these blow those out of the water). Range is fantastic, I left my iPhone on the second floor of my house and went down to the basement and did not notice any difference in sound or interference. When connected via wire these sound almost as good as my pair of ATH-M50s (almost). They are also extremely comfortable, and the built in microphone is great added feature.

The only downside is that they are made of plastic (Including the headband I beleive), so I can only hope the durability of these is up to par, but only time will tell.

Nov 27, 2013 at 6:15 AM Post #27 of 35
just got it for 200 usd.... really great deal (brand new in plastic) from the dealer. I was considering the mk2 but this was to great to pass up.

anyway, does anyone know how to force aac instead of sbc in windows 8?

Nov 29, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #28 of 35
  just got it for 200 usd.... really great deal (brand new in plastic) from the dealer. I was considering the mk2 but this was to great to pass up.

anyway, does anyone know how to force aac instead of sbc in windows 8?

that's a great price, where did you buy them?

Feb 8, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #30 of 35
can someone compare them to parrot zik are they better, I have the sms sync by 50 cent bluetooth, I am not that pleased with it do I am looking for a bluetooth headphone with better sound in all areas mid, bass, treble and soundstage

please advise

Users who are viewing this thread

Back