SONY IER-Z1R
Nov 30, 2021 at 6:23 AM Post #11,251 of 15,280
If you're looking for more tips, maybe tackle Tanchjim's T-APB tips. The T300T reminds me of a brighter Spiral Dot ++ and the T300B feels like a balanced Final E Type Clear (Similar insertion, slightly wider bore, doesn't recess the treble). I think their downsides are fit issues/ sizing. It doesn't stay properly compared to the ++ / E's. Favorite tips though on the Z1R for me are the ++. To me, it gives the Z1R more lower mids and a better sense of center imaging. T300B is my go-to tip for the Blessing/Dusk/Variation line.

I still want to try out the Radius Deep Mount!!
I've spent too much on tips this month... enough to buy a Tanchjim New HANA, I'm not going to buy more any time soon, but next time I go to the local shop I would try the New HANA with T-APB tips. Btw radius deep mount just release a clear version few days ago, I've heard it's softer than the black version, you could try it too!
With the right tips I could put Z1R in my ear about 5 or 6 hours, same as other IEMs I own, though not as longer as full size headphones, I think it's the physical limitation of IEMs to me.

Nov 30, 2021 at 7:31 AM Post #11,252 of 15,280
I think honestly it’s about maybe 20% that have fit issues. But they are vocal about it so it seems like a higher percentage have issues.

They fit perfect for me though are on the heavy side. I know they are there. I didn’t seem to notice a sharp treble but it may depend on your age and believe it or not.......what you are used to. Maybe burn-in may do something? But I feel it’s mental burn in so...in about two days that will go away?

Agree ... I can imagine minority could really find these uncomfortable. Good fit depends on tight fitting tips so you anchor the iem weight into the ear canal preventing the iem outer body from leaning into any ridges on your ear. I had that at the start and swopping up a size in tips helped. Esp the comfort tips from sony. I find unless my ears are warm getting the right size tip into them is a bit of a push. pulling downwards on your ear lobe to straighten the ear canal also helps getting the right fit

Dec 1, 2021 at 3:45 PM Post #11,255 of 15,280
I have found that the stock tips have been the best sounding for me and most comfortable. Next in line would be a tie between Final E and Azla Crystal.

Dec 1, 2021 at 4:02 PM Post #11,256 of 15,280
I have found that the stock tips have been the best sounding for me and most comfortable. Next in line would be a tie between Final E and Azla Crystal.
I go with Final E or Crystal as well, even the biggest stock tip is too small for my ears

Dec 6, 2021 at 5:38 PM Post #11,257 of 15,280
Anyone used any of the wireless BT adapters (like Shure TW2 or FiiO UTWS5) with the Z1R?

Dec 7, 2021 at 8:54 AM Post #11,258 of 15,280
If anyone bought mmcx connectors for Z1r please let me know where I can buy good one.
Local cable crafter said that one from lunashop on AliExpress are pure quality. So I’m looking for the compatible one with high quality.
This is the 16 core Z1R cable from Lunashops...

Dec 7, 2021 at 8:57 AM Post #11,259 of 15,280
If anyone bought mmcx connectors for Z1r please let me know where I can buy good one.
Local cable crafter said that one from lunashop on AliExpress are pure quality. So I’m looking for the compatible one with high quality.

Attachments

• WIN_20211207_04_57_02_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20211207_04_57_02_Pro.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 0
Dec 7, 2021 at 11:43 AM Post #11,261 of 15,280
Dec 18, 2021 at 12:59 PM Post #11,264 of 15,280
Anyone used any of the wireless BT adapters (like Shure TW2 or FiiO UTWS5) with the Z1R?
I tried the MUC-M2BT1 with the IER-Z1R and it was okay, but there was a significant difference an DAP.

I also tried it with the IER-M9 (which I got it for) but the result was only okay there too.

So it is okay, but I would not say good. For on the go, like outside, it's sufficient or to connect it to my A/V Receiver but other than that, the sound is not good enough.

And sometimes, with the A/V Receiver, the volume is not sufficient enough too. But for what it is, it is okay.

Dec 18, 2021 at 2:12 PM Post #11,265 of 15,280
I tried the MUC-M2BT1 with the IER-Z1R and it was okay, but there was a significant difference an DAP.

I also tried it with the IER-M9 (which I got it for) but the result was only okay there too.

So it is okay, but I would not say good. For on the go, like outside, it's sufficient or to connect it to my A/V Receiver but other than that, the sound is not good enough.

And sometimes, with the A/V Receiver, the volume is not sufficient enough too. But for what it is, it is okay.
I agree.
For those purposes — I just use my AirPods Pro and feel like I am not missing out all that much at all, and gain all the convenience and ANC/transparency modes to boot.

The IER-Z1R deserve a wired connection, based on my experience at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back